Catholic Relief Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Catholic Relief Services Interview Questions

Interviews at Catholic Relief Services

3.1

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Catholic Relief Services in March 2016.

Interview

It's through a webcam with pre-recorded questions. They give you a certain amount of time to answer the questions. Some of the questions have to do with the Catholic religion since it is a Catholic organization but you don't have to be Catholic to work there.

Interview Questions

• How do you identify with Catholic Social Teaching   3 Answers

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Catholic Relief Services (Baltimore, MD) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied online, they got back to me the next day to set up an interview. The interview was pretty straight forward, I was asked questions about my relevant knowledge and experience, strengths, weakness etc

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your previous experiences and how they match with the duties of this position   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Catholic Relief Services.

Interview

I submitted an online application and was invited for a phone interview about a month later. About a week after the phone interview I was offered a position, without ever coming into the office.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my experience and passion for advocacy.   1 Answer

Accounting Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Catholic Relief Services (Baltimore, MD) in May 2010.

Interview

Interview had three stages. First was a panel of interview which consisted of two managers and two director including supervisor. From the number of candidates interview panel selected two finalist. Each finalist had an additional interview with Director (direct supervisor) and then final interview with Chief Financial Officer.

Interview Questions

• What are the challenges with sub-office common cost allocation and how you're going to approach it to ensure consistency and reasonableness of application among 50 different sub-offices   Answer Question

Negotiation

Director asked what salary do I expect. I told him I expect fair compensation. He told me the salary and I asked him to round the salary (increase by 2000$) he said he has no problem but have to confirm with HR soon. Next day I received an offer from HR which reflected the salary what I asked.

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Catholic Relief Services.

Interview

I am astonished that a faith-based organization would give their verbal word and rescind an offer. I have a squeaky clean background with excellent references. I was given a verbal offer, and later found out that the offer was rescinded for no real reason, other than the position had gone to an internal candidate. I feel like my valuable time was wasted. I had another offer on the table from another organization and let it go. This was not professional and speaks poorly of the organization. I was given signs throughout the interview process that the culture seems to favor only people who are like them. Unfortunately, as an African-American woman, I believe they felt that I was too high energy, passionate and assertive. I was told that I was "high energy" and would need to be coached if I was in this role. In a time such as this, it's amazing that organizations and hiring managers are not being more inclusive. But, it seems that this hiring manager simply wanted someone who already knew how to fit in and conform to the nature of the organization. This is extremely disheartening that an organization that is meant to serve all types of people would single out those who are not enough like them.

Regional Field Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Catholic Relief Services (Baltimore, MD) in September 2017.

Interview

Very brief and a bit unorganized. Many companies advertise positions for which they already have an internal candidate groomed for. I guess this is part of any hiring process, only that outside resumes-- no matter how strong the candidate-- were used to fulfill CRS' minimum screening requirements.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions on the job itself, also knowledge of CRS.   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Catholic Relief Services.

Interview

Three to four calls with HR in regard to the position, health benefits and the mission of the organization. I later interviewed with a panel via Skype and then had a face-to-face interview.

Interview Questions

• What would you like to work for a Catholic-based organization?
      Finance-related questions pertaining to my current position.
      Which accounting software am I familiar with and use on a regular basis?
      Whether or not I speak different langua   Answer Question

Marketing and Communications Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Catholic Relief Services (Baltimore, MD) in May 2016.

Interview

The hiring process was pretty easy. I submitted my resume and other information requested into the portal. I got a call several months later from HR to fix a time to speak with the Manager. First it was a phone conversation and then a meeting at the office.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in non-profit, giving your background in business?   1 Answer

Copy Editor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Catholic Relief Services (Baltimore, MD) in September 2013.

Interview

Had a lovely phone screen with the hiring manager. Was invited to a group interview that included executive from the division in which I would be working, an executive from the marketing dept., the publications manager, the website manager, and the web assistant. It was a relaxed interview with pertinent questions about my experience. One executive immediately made me feel right at home when he commented in a positive way about something on my resume that resonated with him.

Also interviewed with a smaller group---the team I ultimately would be working with.

International Development Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Catholic Relief Services (Baltimore, MD) in March 2011.

Interview

First you are pre-selected for a phone interview and an over the phone foreign language test (all applicants must speak English and one other language). If you pass this, you are invited to Baltimore for a multi-day interview process that includes a kind of "who we are" from the organizations (this way applicants can also decide if the organization is for them). The mutli-day interview included group work, a panel interview and some test/exercises.