Celebrity Cruises Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Celebrity Cruises Interview Questions

Updated Oct 6, 2017

2.7

Reservationist Interview

Interview

Intense Panel Inerview. It was a relatively easy process, if you get selected after initial interview the take you upstairs to meet with directors for some additional questions. It was overall a good experience although most candidates done make it past the first phase.

Third Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Celebrity Cruises (Jacksonville, FL) in July 2017.

Interview

After setting up an online profile, I was contacted to schedule a skype interview with the Talent Recruiter. Two days later I has a technical interview with a Captain for specific questions pertaining to the department I was applying for.

Interview Questions

• Describe your ship experience and how it makes your qualified for this position.   1 Answer

Second ENGINEER Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Celebrity Cruises (Miami, FL) in July 2016.

Interview

application through their website, then HR dept contacts the candidates for credentials, followed by HR and tech interview in Skype. After a few days they tell you the outcome via email and set one more round of Skype session to discuss the employment details

Interview Questions

• previous experience, reason for job change, appraisals, tech knowledge   Answer Question

Interview

Panel style. Good cop bad cop effect. Asked many situation questions, questions about geographical knowledge, dealing with different backgrounds, and sales approaches. The interviewers were very positive and took a lot notes.

Sales and Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Celebrity Cruises (Wichita, KS) in March 2016.

Interview

Called next day after applying. First it was a group interview and then if you can pass that then it was a 1 on 1 interview with a tenured manager.

Interview Questions

• Sell me something in this room. What can you bring to the company?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Celebrity Cruises in June 2015.

Interview

I heard back rather quickly. Mainly because they are constantly desperate for people in this position. However, it took two months to get an answer that I was hired and get the process going. My coordinator was not helpful in anyway. You have to undergo an extensive medical exam. They had a start date for me that was three months out, but called me in a month early so I was kind of unprepared. It's all very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Don't remember much, but they asked about my skills and abilities.   Answer Question

Training Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Celebrity Cruises (Miami, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

Two interviews via Skype. The first with the recruiter and then the last with the training director and another person who is over the training for all 10 ships. For the second interview they ask you to prepare a 15 minute presentation of any topic of your choice. Their Skype signal was having issues both times I spoke with them. The first time the person I spoke with said he was having issues all day with them. The two ladies in the last interview seemed to not know how to maneuver through the Skype software and had issues seeing me and then the signal went out for a moment. I prepared a 15 minute PowerPoint which they refer to as a "training deck" . Normally this would include handouts and an outline. I thought that this what I needed to so I basically wasted time preparing a full training and the ladies only listened to like 3 minutes of it. Then one of the ladies asked me if I used the presentation somewhere before. Seems like they are a more simplistic and unorganized organization that does not appreciate someone who is well versed in corporate training. The question asked of me if the presentation was used before was an insult since I was previously a PowerPoint instructor and have advanced knowledge of it. It was only a 15 minutes presentation not a rocket science.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked on a cruise ship?   1 Answer
    • What interested you in applying to Celebrity Cruises?   1 Answer
    • What do you think the training manager does?   1 Answer
    • What experiences have you had as a trainer   1 Answer

Youth Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Danbury, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Celebrity Cruises (Danbury, CT) in March 2014.

Interview

The interview was straight forward. It was done through skype video chat from my home. I was asked a few questions that were very easy to handle because I have worked with kids before. There were no curve balls. As long as you have the kids safety in mind, are aware that you will be hosting activities in your work place, and know you will be working with co-workers from all over the world together you should be fine.If you are applying to be a youth counselor you obviously have to know that you are dealing with families that are on vacation and that your main priority is to entertain them and offer many things for the kids to do to keep them happy and shut the parents up. People love to complain on cruises because they know that they can get free things if they complain enough to guest relations. As a youth counselor you will be running high energy games, doing crafts with the kids and helping lead family BINGO, scavenger hunts around the ship, TRIVIAS, pirate hunt, and pizza making.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a parent who comes to you in your work place who complains that their child felt left out of activities during the program you were running?   1 Answer
    • What experience have you had with children   Answer Question

Guest Relation Offcier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Celebrity Cruises (Miami, FL) in February 2014.

Interview

there was several interviews with several different departments head by skype. Within 7 days you get know if the company is interested in you or not. In 1 or 2 months you receive the contract. The questions are simple as on any other interview about experience and knowledge.

Interview Questions

• What are you going to do with the screaming guest at the desk?   1 Answer
    • If there is some issues inside of the team how you would solve the misunderstanding?   1 Answer

Youth Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Celebrity Cruises (Hartford, CT) in February 2014.

Interview

Very straight forward. Make sure to have all the documents required such as drivers license (ID), passport, reference, University degrees, and more paperwork to fill out. What I did before the interview was I prepped all my paperwork together then went ahead scanning them and sending them off to my recruiter through email. I then went on the internet and began looking up sample questions that might be asked of me.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a parent that approaches you saying that their child was left out of the activities or not included by the other children (even if the child was not social)?   1 Answer