Celebrity Cruises Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Celebrity Cruises Interview Questions

Interviews at Celebrity Cruises

2.6

Production Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Celebrity Cruises in August 2018.

Interview

The interview process itself was really quick. I applied via employee referral and was contacted for a phone interview. I anticipated an general HR interview, but it was the direct hiring manager and we spoke for over an hour about the position. I was contacted via email with an offer within a week. Due to my obligations on land, I was unable to accept the position immediately and they were willing to extend my offer and I began the on-boarding process a few months later. The hiring process was all over the place and it was difficult to get any communication from the company. From starting the on-boarding process to getting on board my ship will be about 5 months total.

The interview itself was very focused on experience with performers and technicians and what kind of venues I had worked at. Very job specific. We also discussed ship life and what I might expect if I were to be offered the job.

Interview Questions

• How many employees report directly to you in your current role?   Answer Question

Inbound Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Weston, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Celebrity Cruises (Weston, FL).

Interview

Submit an online application, and wait until they call to schedule you for an interview. They look for young, thriving professionals and obviously Celebrity being apart of the Royal Caribbean Family, the rooms for growth are endless. They're very punctual with the hiring process, and let you know within a few weeks with an offer if they'd like to pursue you.

Interview Questions

• What is the most important step in the sales process?   Answer Question
    • What is your underlying motive as to why you'd like to be apart of this company?   Answer Question

Reservationist Interview

Interview

Intense Panel Inerview. It was a relatively easy process, if you get selected after initial interview the take you upstairs to meet with directors for some additional questions. It was overall a good experience although most candidates done make it past the first phase.

Third Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Celebrity Cruises (Jacksonville, FL) in July 2017.

Interview

After setting up an online profile, I was contacted to schedule a skype interview with the Talent Recruiter. Two days later I has a technical interview with a Captain for specific questions pertaining to the department I was applying for.

Interview Questions

• Describe your ship experience and how it makes your qualified for this position.   1 Answer

Second ENGINEER Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Celebrity Cruises (Miami, FL) in July 2016.

Interview

application through their website, then HR dept contacts the candidates for credentials, followed by HR and tech interview in Skype. After a few days they tell you the outcome via email and set one more round of Skype session to discuss the employment details

Interview Questions

• previous experience, reason for job change, appraisals, tech knowledge   Answer Question

Interview

Panel style. Good cop bad cop effect. Asked many situation questions, questions about geographical knowledge, dealing with different backgrounds, and sales approaches. The interviewers were very positive and took a lot notes.

Sales and Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Celebrity Cruises (Wichita, KS) in March 2016.

Interview

Called next day after applying. First it was a group interview and then if you can pass that then it was a 1 on 1 interview with a tenured manager.

Interview Questions

• Sell me something in this room. What can you bring to the company?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Celebrity Cruises in June 2015.

Interview

I heard back rather quickly. Mainly because they are constantly desperate for people in this position. However, it took two months to get an answer that I was hired and get the process going. My coordinator was not helpful in anyway. You have to undergo an extensive medical exam. They had a start date for me that was three months out, but called me in a month early so I was kind of unprepared. It's all very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Don't remember much, but they asked about my skills and abilities.   Answer Question

Training Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Celebrity Cruises (Miami, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

Two interviews via Skype. The first with the recruiter and then the last with the training director and another person who is over the training for all 10 ships. For the second interview they ask you to prepare a 15 minute presentation of any topic of your choice. Their Skype signal was having issues both times I spoke with them. The first time the person I spoke with said he was having issues all day with them. The two ladies in the last interview seemed to not know how to maneuver through the Skype software and had issues seeing me and then the signal went out for a moment. I prepared a 15 minute PowerPoint which they refer to as a "training deck" . Normally this would include handouts and an outline. I thought that this what I needed to so I basically wasted time preparing a full training and the ladies only listened to like 3 minutes of it. Then one of the ladies asked me if I used the presentation somewhere before. Seems like they are a more simplistic and unorganized organization that does not appreciate someone who is well versed in corporate training. The question asked of me if the presentation was used before was an insult since I was previously a PowerPoint instructor and have advanced knowledge of it. It was only a 15 minutes presentation not a rocket science.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked on a cruise ship?   1 Answer
    • What interested you in applying to Celebrity Cruises?   1 Answer
    • What do you think the training manager does?   1 Answer
    • What experiences have you had as a trainer   1 Answer

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Celebrity Cruises (Miami, FL) in March 2014.

Interview

Skype Video call basic q and a if there is an opening then you will be in . Nationality does not matter. The only issue is the time difference from the place that is calling the recruiter. That all enjoy