Celebrity Cruises Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

Sort:

Waitress Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Celebrity Cruises (Miami, FL) in July 2011.

Interview

Applied on line, within a few months got an interview on Skype with somebody from hr, then received a job offer within a month and was sent to do $650 medical exams, X-rays, blood work, urines and stool sample, vision and audition test. Is nothing to bad. Lots of people has health problems and work in the ships, they just need to know what is it. After I submitted my medical results I got my assignment, whole process was about 4 months. You have to pay for your travel expenses to join the ship and they pay for your ticket back home.

Training Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Celebrity Cruises (Miami, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

Two interviews via Skype. The first with the recruiter and then the last with the training director and another person who is over the training for all 10 ships. For the second interview they ask you to prepare a 15 minute presentation of any topic of your choice. Their Skype signal was having issues both times I spoke with them. The first time the person I spoke with said he was having issues all day with them. The two ladies in the last interview seemed to not know how to maneuver through the Skype software and had issues seeing me and then the signal went out for a moment. I prepared a 15 minute PowerPoint which they refer to as a "training deck" . Normally this would include handouts and an outline. I thought that this what I needed to so I basically wasted time preparing a full training and the ladies only listened to like 3 minutes of it. Then one of the ladies asked me if I used the presentation somewhere before. Seems like they are a more simplistic and unorganized organization that does not appreciate someone who is well versed in corporate training. The question asked of me if the presentation was used before was an insult since I was previously a PowerPoint instructor and have advanced knowledge of it. It was only a 15 minutes presentation not a rocket science.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked on a cruise ship?   1 Answer
    • What interested you in applying to Celebrity Cruises?   1 Answer
    • What do you think the training manager does?   1 Answer
    • What experiences have you had as a trainer   1 Answer

Second ENGINEER Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Celebrity Cruises (Miami, FL) in July 2016.

Interview

application through their website, then HR dept contacts the candidates for credentials, followed by HR and tech interview in Skype. After a few days they tell you the outcome via email and set one more round of Skype session to discuss the employment details

Interview Questions

• previous experience, reason for job change, appraisals, tech knowledge   Answer Question

Slot Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Celebrity Cruises (Miami, FL) in January 2013.

Interview

Phone interview/Skype
    test your language skills and then knowledge
    They want to find out if you speak good English because the guests are mostly English speaking
    They then also test your knowledge to see if you have the skills to do the job.
    You will need to have a valid passport and go for a C1D Visa and you need to pay for your airline ticket

Interview Questions

• What slot machine experience do you have
      Basically your ability to do your job   1 Answer

Interview

1 skype interview, 1 phone interview 6 face-to-face interviews

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They changed the salary 3x then when I had sold my apartment and was on my way to begin work on the ship they told me I would not get paid for vacations...which reduced my salary by about $25,000 annually...

Inbound Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Weston, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Celebrity Cruises (Weston, FL).

Interview

Submit an online application, and wait until they call to schedule you for an interview. They look for young, thriving professionals and obviously Celebrity being apart of the Royal Caribbean Family, the rooms for growth are endless. They're very punctual with the hiring process, and let you know within a few weeks with an offer if they'd like to pursue you.

Interview Questions

• What is the most important step in the sales process?   Answer Question
    • What is your underlying motive as to why you'd like to be apart of this company?   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Celebrity Cruises (Miami, FL) in March 2014.

Interview

Skype Video call basic q and a if there is an opening then you will be in . Nationality does not matter. The only issue is the time difference from the place that is calling the recruiter. That all enjoy

Youth Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Danbury, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Celebrity Cruises (Danbury, CT) in March 2014.

Interview

The interview was straight forward. It was done through skype video chat from my home. I was asked a few questions that were very easy to handle because I have worked with kids before. There were no curve balls. As long as you have the kids safety in mind, are aware that you will be hosting activities in your work place, and know you will be working with co-workers from all over the world together you should be fine.If you are applying to be a youth counselor you obviously have to know that you are dealing with families that are on vacation and that your main priority is to entertain them and offer many things for the kids to do to keep them happy and shut the parents up. People love to complain on cruises because they know that they can get free things if they complain enough to guest relations. As a youth counselor you will be running high energy games, doing crafts with the kids and helping lead family BINGO, scavenger hunts around the ship, TRIVIAS, pirate hunt, and pizza making.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a parent who comes to you in your work place who complains that their child felt left out of activities during the program you were running?   1 Answer
    • What experience have you had with children   Answer Question

Youth Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Celebrity Cruises (Hartford, CT) in February 2014.

Interview

Very straight forward. Make sure to have all the documents required such as drivers license (ID), passport, reference, University degrees, and more paperwork to fill out. What I did before the interview was I prepped all my paperwork together then went ahead scanning them and sending them off to my recruiter through email. I then went on the internet and began looking up sample questions that might be asked of me.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a parent that approaches you saying that their child was left out of the activities or not included by the other children (even if the child was not social)?   1 Answer

Interview

Panel style. Good cop bad cop effect. Asked many situation questions, questions about geographical knowledge, dealing with different backgrounds, and sales approaches. The interviewers were very positive and took a lot notes.