Cell Applications Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

Sort:

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cell Applications (San Diego, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

I truly enjoyed interviewing with the employees at Cell Applications. They were all very informative and welcoming people and I felt that they wanted to hear about the things that I liked and they cared about whether or not I would enjoy myself in the position. Jokes were made and the environment was comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself outside of your academic and work life?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about your previous experience at Company A   Answer Question

Media Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cell Applications.

Interview

First time I walked in they had me just take a written test and that was all. No communication with any hiring or administrative personnel. The written test was fairly straight forward, mostly arithmetic problems. Second interview was a one on one with the President. Afterwards I was tested on my pipetting technique.

Inside Sales Interview

Application

Interview

The interview process was positive as it was relaxed and conversation based. It allowed me to learn about my potential colleagues just as much as they learned about me. It was a refreshing process as opposed to previous interviews and contributed to my enthusiasm for the position.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to multi task and can you provide me with an example?   1 Answer
    • Why are you interested in sales?   1 Answer
    • Why did you choose marketing as your degree?   Answer Question

Sales and Marketing Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Cell Applications (New York, NY).

Interview

Phone interview for 45 minutes with the VP of Sales and Marketing. He asked questions more specific to my resume and described the benefits of working in a small office.

Cell Culture Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cell Applications (San Diego, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

2 part interview process. Part 1 was a biology test and a timed aptitude test. I got a call back a week later to meet the owners and demonstrate some lab work in the BSC.

Eastern Accounts Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cell Applications (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Phone discussion with VP sales/marketing followed by full day interview. I began the full day interview with a presentation of my work followed by meetings with Director of Sales, CEO and VP sales/marketing. Day ended with lunch and client visit with Director of Sales. ** don't know about offer yet but had to choose one option

Interview Questions

• How do you like to work? Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Cell Culture Technician Interview

Interview

Two tests followed by Interview

One basic competency test, mainly basic math and some English followed by one more test catered to position which was mainly safety and math problems.

Research Technician - Cell Culture Lab Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cell Applications (San Diego, CA) in May 2018.

Interview

The interview process for this position was fairly lengthy and there were several steps. I began by filling out a basic application with references, salary expectation and job experience (although I had already applied and was called back for this interview). After filling out the application two individuals from the team that I would be working with directly entered and interviewed me about my experiences and went through the basic responsibilities of the position. After this stage there were two exams given to me. The first was basic arithmetic and I had 12 minutes to complete it, the questions were organized by increasing difficulty and I did not finish the exam. The second exam was 30 minutes long and more applicable to cell culture work and gave a few hypothetical scenarios I also was not able to finish this exam entirely. After this stage the CEO came in and met with me 1 on 1. He gave more of an overview of the big picture goals of the company and had a lot of questions...... and also heckled me about my salary expectations. In the interview he mentioned a typical technician makes $35,000ish annually, when I was called back he offered $46,000 to take the position and he was not willing to negotiate higher.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about thawing a cell line prior to culture?   Answer Question
    • Using a cell counting grid, if there was x amount of cells counted given the dimensions of the plate how many cells are on the plate total?   Answer Question