Center City PCS Interview Questions

Updated Oct 30, 2019

To filter interviews, or .
Found 6 of over 6 interviews

3.3
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Center City PCS

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Center City PCS (Washington, DC) in May 2019

Interview

Interview with principal was cool. He was a down to earth guy and made me feel comfortable. He didn't have much to ask about what I can do but rather what he can do to make sure I am successful working under him.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you deserve to be here?
    1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Center City PCS (Washington, DC)

Interview

The interview process took about 20-30 mins and they basically asked if I had any child care experience and have I had any interactions with parents before. Also, she asked questions about my school experience and about myself as a person.

Interview Questions
  • Name a time when there was a situation, how did you resolve the issue?

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Center City PCS (Washington, DC) in Aug 2018

Interview

Very straight forward. Principle and VP and you to explain who you are and what you'd like to do. Ask how you would feel about specific grade levels, getting a feel for where they should place you.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you think you'd be a good fit?

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Center City PCS (Washington, DC) in Apr 2014

Interview

I received an email to interview with the principal and admin team. I was asked to come in with a lesson prepared for any grade level, even though I applied for a very specific grade level. I was walked into a classroom and was asked to teach my lesson to students I'd never seen before or had any background knowledge of. After the 30 minute lesson, I was taken by the admin to receive my score and feedback as well as asked questions about classroom management, work experience, etc. Having worked in functioning school districts, I felt this was inappropriate to put me in front of people's children when they did not know who I was and I was only there for 30 mins. This is disruptive to a child's day. I can only imagine how many other applicants disrupted the students learning.

Interview Questions
  • How do you handle a student that is not motivated to learn? What would you put in place for that student? How do you incorporate equity into your lesson plans? Why is family engagement critical to student success?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Center City PCS (Washington, DC) in Jan 2014

Interview

I was connected with the school through a referral. After a phone interview, I had to teach a demo lesson to 6 students and 4 adults. I was told what standard to teach and I was told to include an exit ticket. The children were respectful and engaged. I taught a no-frills lesson that I thought was rigorous, but realized somewhere in the middle that it was too challenging. I didn't know anything about the kids ability levels before that day - only their grade. After the lesson, there was another interview. The panel was helpful and insightful. The questions focused on my perception of student achievement and my responsibility as a teacher (ie, What percentage of these students will go to college?) 4 of the students failed my exit ticket, and the principal repeatedly brought that up. Then she required me to reteach the lesson to the adults (the students had been dismissed). I took 3 minutes to prepare, then taught a much better lesson. They were all impressed. I still don't know if I will get the job because some of my answers may not be what they wanted to hear.

Interview Questions
  • What percentage of their success lies on you as the teacher? I feel this is a trick question. I think there was an answer they WANTED to hear (some high number), so I wanted to say what they wanted to hear. I felt that answering that one question "wrong" could ruin the whole opportunity for me.
  • If you taught the lesson two days in a row and students still didn't pass the exit ticket, what would you do?
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Center City PCS (Washington, DC)

Interview

The people were very professional.

Interview Questions
  • What would your previous supervisor or co-worker say about you?
RSS Feed</>Embed