Center for Infectious Disease Research Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at Center for Infectious Disease Research

Research Technician II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Center for Infectious Disease Research (Seattle, WA) in July 2016.

Interview

Received email for a face-to-face interview. Very easy-going and detail-oriented. Mainly, the individuals you speak with want to tell you as much about the Center as possible. I spoke with 3 different people, one of HR, one laboratory director, and one senior researcher. Each conversation was very laid back, only touching on your experience every once in awhile. They really make you want to work there. My only complaint is that the overall process was skewed by the HR department. When first coming into the interview, HR told me the Center wanted to hire someone immediately and that the process would take no longer than a week or so to hear back from. However, it took 3+ months for the Center to get back to me after 2 email follow-ups. And even then, the Center still has not filled said position. Overall I think the HR team needs better communication with the laboratories it aids in hiring.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Center for Infectious Disease Research.

Interview

Went through two rounds of interviewing before going back for coffee with the team. Had one interview canceled at the very last minute. The whole process took about two months.

Interview Questions

• Questions about experience with grants/contracts and scientists.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No, but I would advise future potential employees to negotiate higher salaries and more vacation time.

Lab Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Center for Infectious Disease Research (Seattle, WA) in February 2014.

Interview

Painless and easy. Met with the Senior Scientist for a conversation since was referred. We talked about the personal goals and experience, along with what the job duties are with the position. There was then a tour of the entire facility.

Interview Questions

• What I wanted to do as a career (goal) and what experiences I had.   1 Answer

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Center for Infectious Disease Research (Seattle, WA) in January 2013.

Interview

I met with a panel of scientists with whom i would be working and then spoke with each individually and a HR representative. It was 3-4 hours and everyone was pleasant and nice. Parking is on the street which can be tough in south lake union.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Center for Infectious Disease Research in August 2012.

Interview

15 min phone interview; Onsite interview was scheduled within the next 2 days after phone interview. Questions - Tell us about yourself, Previous lab project experience, what are long term short term goals etc... mostly all generic questions.

Negotiation