Centra Health Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Centra Health Interview Questions

Interviews at Centra Health

2.8

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Centra Health.

Interview

I applied online. There was a pre-screen phone interview with HR. A week or so later there was an initial interview with the hiring manager. 2 days later there was an interview with the hiring manager and the director. Got a call with the job offer the next day.

Special Education Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fredericksburg, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Centra Health (Fredericksburg, VA) in July 2014.

Interview

The hiring process was very professional. I was called on the phone by the principal and she asked for a good time for a phone call interview. I was then called in to view the school. The principal then called me for a panel interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you incorporate a variety of teaching techniques in the classroom?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Lynchburg, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Centra Health (Lynchburg, VA) in November 2013.

Interview

The interview was for half and hour and interviewer asked standar questions. I was slight disconcerted because it seemed as if the interviewer wasn't really listening to my responses and she seembed a bit rushed. However, I received an offer fairly quickly.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Salary offered was within acceptable range

Anonymous Employee in Lynchburg, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Centra Health (Lynchburg, VA) in February 2014.

Interview

Large panel with endless questions primarily interested in how 'cheap' they could get me. Not so much interested in what I could do for them since I overshot the mark on starting salary, so I took it anyway to wait for something better to come along.

Interview Questions

• How would I treat a doctor if they demanded something out of the ordinary. They quizzed me on my general knowledge and past history. They seemed only interested in how much they could get me to work for.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Lynchburg, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Centra Health (Lynchburg, VA) in November 2013.

Interview

Invited to one of the satellite buildings and had to find way through mazelike area. Interviewer asked average, typical interview questions. She was pleasant to deal with; however, she was distracted. She was prepared for the interview.

Interview Questions

• General interview questions; however, I was asked how to deal with individuals that wouldn't share information.   Answer Question

Biomedical Equipment Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lynchburg, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Centra Health (Lynchburg, VA).

Interview

I had 2 on-site interviews with the Director, and on the second interview I spoke with 3 of the technicians who were working in the department. I also spoke with the CIO/VP for a few minutes during the second interview as he was influential in the founding of the department and enjoyed remaining involved.

Interview Questions

• One interesting question was "What was the last book you read"   Answer Question

Negotiation

I wish I had negotiated a little bit on the salary offered, but was grateful to have been offered the opportunity and I did not want to possibly lose it.

Mental Health Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Centra Health (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

I was made to feel very comfortable and given a really detailed run down of what expectations I would have to meet as an employee in the facility. The interviewer took the time to make sure I knew all about what I would be doing and what I need to expect, including talking to me about ways to make my commute easier (many employees carpool and I was invited to join if hired).

Medical Technologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Danville, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Centra Health (Danville, VA) in October 2018.

Interview

Group Interview Including Pathologist, Manager, Supervisor, and Building Manager. It was an extremely hard personality interview rather than one on my skills as a Medical Laboratory Scientist besides one question on my skills at multitasking. I felt completely unprepared for those kinds of questions.

Interview Questions

• Name Five things that describe (characteristics) you as a person?   Answer Question
    • How do you handle a large workload and still get things done?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Centra Health.

Interview

Short, quick and very welcoming. Asked about background, my reason for wanting the job, what I had to offer and my abilities to cover the person while the individual was not there. Could I learn info needed quickly. Simple questions that most companies will ask. Friendly staff. The interview lasted about a half hour. I was told that those interviewing me would follow-up with the staffing agency.

Interview Questions

• How familiar was I with Outlook 2013?   1 Answer

Health Unit Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lynchburg, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Centra Health (Lynchburg, VA) in September 2018.

Interview

I was referred by a friend that the position would be opening up soon and to apply. Once I applied the friend reached out to the hiring manager to pull my application. I interviewed and two days later received a call from HR saying that they would like to extend an offer. I had a few papers to sign, an on boarding interview/drug and medical screening for hire, and then a one day orientation. From what I've heard, many jobs at Centra are essentially filled before they are even put on their web page with the exception of RN, CNA, and licensed practitioners (areas they are incredibly short staffed in). I feel like I was definitely hired because of who I knew, but I don' t know how much I would approve of their process if I was a random and non-connected applicant.