Century 21 Stores Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Century 21 Stores Interview Questions

Interviews at Century 21 Stores

2.0

1. Featured Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Century 21 Stores.

Interview

Basic math test some addition, subtraction, multiplication and division. General paperwork, two group interviews one big one and one small one and a
    1 on 1 interview. HR calls your references on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer or coworker. And how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Would you accept an item return that doesn’t have the original packaging and receipt?   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Century 21 Stores (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

Interview process was fairly easy. Nothing too deep. The basic interview questions were asked and then I was told about the tasks in the position I was gonna fill. Besides the schedule (and that's in some cases) nothing's negotiable.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. Past employment and experience.   Answer Question

Stock Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Century 21 Stores in March 2012.

Interview

Very simple interview process.
    Basic math & reading test given first.
    After was very basic questions regarding availability & preference to work in Sales, Stock or Maintenance in a 1:1 interview.
    Received a call the following week to come in to finish documentation & to being work the following week.

Interview Questions

• Will you be available to start your shifts at 6AM in the morning traveling from New Jersey to New York ?   Answer Question

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Century 21 Stores (Brooklyn, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

The entire thing was a mess from start to finish. I was first interviewed for a stylists position. After I got to the interview location in FiDi the interviewer began asking me question relating to a position irrelevant to the one i applied for. After correcting this mistake I was the redirected to interview at the correct location

Interview Questions

• Why do you like visual merchandising?
      What range of compensation are you looking for?
      Previous job background?
      Name one thing you loved and one thing you hated about previous job?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Interview

I was called back for a second interview but it was not a good fit. The corporate office is embedded into the retail store. The reporting managers were nice and approachable.

Asset Protection Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paramus, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Century 21 Stores (Paramus, NJ) in February 2018.

Interview

3 step process with senior manager, regional manager, and then director. Second interview with regional manager was the toughest interview. Had to really show him I’d be an asset to the company. Last interview was much more chill.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been in a management position before?   1 Answer

Asset Protection Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Century 21 Stores (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

Basic interview but it seemed like more of a sales pitch for a used car. Having worked there I now see why they have to "sell" you the position.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Century 21 Stores (New York, NY) in July 2013.

Interview

You go to HR and sit with a woman but I am not sure what her position was. I believe she was the internship coordinator. The interview was very relaxed and the questions they asked were structured so they could see your work ethic and problem solving skills. Of course, they also asked if you know about Century 21 and why this company seems like a place you would like to work.

Interview Questions

• Can you explain a time you ever ran into a problem in a professional place and had to come up with a plan to solve the issue at hand.   1 Answer

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Century 21 Stores (New York, NY) in April 2011.

Interview

the interview process was lengthy and took over 6 weeks, two phone interviews with same person, met with each owner on different days, human resources was not involved and no interview conducted with human resources, questions were repetitive leading me to believe little communication among interviewers

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Century 21 Stores (New York, NY) in March 2010.

Interview

The interview process was pretty smooth. It started with a light phone interview and proceeded into a face to face interview with a DMM and one of the owners of the company. It then proceeded into a follow up interview with the other owner and another DMM. The interviewees were comfortable to talk to and nice. I would suggest that if you get interviewed at Century 21 that you know and understand who are you are meeting with and the company history.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a difficult situation you were in and what you did to overcome it?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Century 21 Stores (New York, NY) in March 2018.

Interview

Terrible. HR reaches out to you and has absolutely zero regard for your time or schedule. Claimed to value communication but ignore your emails. Badmouthed a former employee during the interview, which was a huge red flag for me. Also badmouthed someone currently on the team calling them "sensitive." Abruptly cut off all communication when they did not want to hire me. Absolutely awful experience. Red flags all over the place. Sounds like there is a high turnover rate. My advice: don't even bother interviewing with them. You won't be happy working there.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions asked with fake enthusiasm. Asks you to complete projects at home and then ignores you afterwards.   Answer Question