Chadwick Martin Bailey Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

Sort:

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Chadwick Martin Bailey (Boston, MA) in September 2014.

Interview

Initial phone interview with HR. Got invited in to meet with 3 people within organization from different areas. Mostly wanted to talk about past experience and get understanding of segmentation knowledge. They also spent time explaining what they did and how the company was organized. At end, gave case study to analyze. You needed to proof read it and give feedback on what was wrong with it.

Senior Leader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Chadwick Martin Bailey.

Interview

The interview process took about 2-3 weeks and consisted of a phone screen and three in person interviews with several members of the team. Each round of interviewing was positive and the individuals I interviewed with had consistent messaging around the company's culture. I was impressed with their responsiveness and diligence in trying to make sure I would be the right fit for the organization. I did end up being offered the job and have started working for CMB. Am really impressed that their culture is exactly what I expected (if not more) from my interview sessions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Chadwick Martin Bailey (Boston, MA).

Interview

Two weeks after submitting my application, I was contacted to set up an initial interview. I spoke with an HR rep over the phone -- standard questions about my resume, and why I was interested in CMB. I was then invited in for an in-person interview the following week.

I arrived at the office about 5 minutes early, but ended up waiting for 20 minutes before anyone came to meet with me. I spoke with 3 employees, all of whom were very friendly and eager to talk about CMB. I appreciated the effort that they all made to explain the company structure and the responsibilities of the position (very data and detail heavy). Afterwards, I was told that they would be in touch within a couple of weeks, but didn't hear anything further after I sent thank you's. When I followed up two weeks later to find out where things stood, I received a prompt response informing me that they were not moving forward with me.

Interview Questions

• I wasn't sure how to prepare for the case study, but it really is exactly what it sounds like: an attention to details test. It is timed, but very manageable within the time frame.   Answer Question

Associate Researcher Interview

Interview

first round interview, standard questions about experience, school, marketing knowledge and research itself. Few questions about personal goals, salary expectations and what not. The interview was with a HR rep and lasted no longer than 15 minutes.

Associate Researcher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chadwick Martin Bailey in October 2018.

Interview

I was contacted for a phone interview a few weeks after applying on LinkedIn. After the call, I was told to expect an update by the end of the week. Only after two weeks and an additional request for an update did I get a response.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time you worked through a problem with a team.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Chadwick Martin Bailey (Boston, MA) in November 2012.

Interview

Saw job posting on the CMB website and applied by emailing my resume and cover letter to the HR Director. Had a phone interview, then was asked to come interview at the office. At the office I met with the HR Director and two other employees, and was asked to take an attention to details assessment. The whole process took a few hours, but was very enjoyable. Everyone was very friendly and the office environment was great. I was asked to come back for another interview at the office to meet with a few more people, however I had already accepted another position.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in market research?   1 Answer

Associate Researcher Interview

Interview

Got a phone call from HR asking some questions about my background. Went in for an interview followed by an attention to detail assessment. No unexpected question.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Chadwick Martin Bailey (Boston, MA).

Interview

Had two initial phone interviews (with the Recruiter and Research Manager) and then one in-person interview to meet with the Recruiter, Research Manager, VP of Client Services and two Associate Researchers.

Everyone was great throughout the whole process: very friendly, non-intimidating, professional, etc. There weren't too many unexpected questions, they basically just wanted to know about my background, why I wanted the job, and what I'd done at my previous job that I could bring to CMB. Biggest thumbs-up to them is how accommodating they were to my schedule (I was interviewing from out of town), and also how patient they were as I weighed their offer with another.

Main takeaway: they seemed very genuine about what the job would be like, and as long as you're generally prepared to talk about yourself you should be just fine.

Interview Questions

• Not too many difficult/unexpected questions; maybe one I stumbled over most was along the lines of "what accomplishment at your previous job are you most proud of?"

Also had to do an "attention to details test," i.e. reading a case study and editing/finding errors in the report. This was actually kind of fun.   Answer Question

The research they do is a little quantitative-heavy for my tastes, although seemed like a great place if you want to learn how to use statistical programs.

May 5, 2014 – Human Resources Generalist

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide your interview experience feedback. You obviously thought a lot about your career choices and we appreciate the opportunity to have met with you... More

Research Director Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Chadwick Martin Bailey.

Interview

They advertised the role as a Research Director but they are actualy looking for a sales guy. The role is that of an Account Director. All they care about is to try and sell. Please be aware of this when you apply for this role.

Interview Questions

• Questions were all standard questions. Nothing too difficult. Howeever, the focus is how will you go about increasing the business. Interview process was extremely lengthy. Lots of phone interviews plus an all day loop including a proposal preparation and presentation.

This job has been open for more than a year and have known quite a few people who have interviewed for it and have been unsuccessful. CMB is probably not sure of what they are looking for. Please be prepared to have the experience be a complete waste of time   Answer Question

Jul 8, 2015 – Human Resources Generalist

Thank you for sharing your feedback on your recent interview experience. I’m sorry that you believe the time you spent interviewing with us was not worthwhile. We are appreciative of everyone we meet... More

Qualitative Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chadwick Martin Bailey (Boston, MA) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview process was fairly straightforward, although I had forgotten I applied to the role by the time they contacted me. Initial phone screen, followed by an in person interview and "attention to detail test," followed by a second in person interview with management and more PM's, and finally a reference check.

The process itself was easy, but negotiating was more difficult. The initial offer was literally below the initial range I gave during the phone screen and unfortunately by the time they came up to a reasonable offer I had been offered a competing offer from my current role that was superior to the offer from CMB.

Interview Questions

• Very general, standard questions pertaining to previous work experience and how that translates to the research role at CMB.   Answer Question

The compensation package offer was too low given the travel requirements for this role. The confusion was mainly on me and not on CMB, but given the possibility for significant travel the starting salary is low compared to the type of credit card limit an employee would need in order to book flights and hotels for extended trips all throughout the country. I should have asked more specifically during phase 1 on "how" the travel is paid; I was under the impression it was handled by the company, but realistically this was a mistake on my end not CMB's.

The initial offer was literally below the range I gave during the phone screen and unfortunately by the time they came up to a reasonable offer I had been given a competing offer from my current company that was far superior. A point of contention for me was HR trying to "walk me through" the benefits package, essentially trying to show where I can find extra value to make up for the sub-par salary offer. He may have been trying to help me understand, I don't think he had malicious intent, but it came off in a condescending way that gave me the feeling I may have made a mistake...if a company can't make a compelling enough offer that they need to show you where you can save pennies in their benefits package then they probably know they are making a low offer.

Overall it was a good experience and a good opportunity, everyone I met with was cordial, professional, and engaging. Would have loved to accept the offer, but unfortunately I couldn't afford to.

Apr 25, 2016 – Human Resources Generalist

Thank you for providing your input based on your interview experience with us. We will make it a point to be more transparent and clear about our expense reimbursement system with future candidates... More