Champion Home Builders Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 11, 2018

Interviews for Top Jobs at Champion Home Builders

Human Resources Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Champion Home Builders (Troy, MI) in May 2016.

Interview

My experience was a very positive one. I had a great conversation with the recruiter very soon after I applied. A few days later, I was in the office for an interview which also went exceptionally well in my opinion and I found out later, from the interviewer's perspective as well. Everyone I met was friendly and clearly enjoy their jobs. The questions asked during the interview were very real-world and designed to assess not only tactical knowledge but also to assess leadership ability.

Interview Questions

• Here is a problem that we are experiencing right now, how would you address it?   Answer Question

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Champion Home Builders (Troy, MI) in May 2015.

Interview

Submitted a resume and got feedback several weeks later. Got a call from a manager and nothing for another month. Got a call from upper management and nothing for another month. Got a second call from very rude upper management and nothing for 2 more weeks.

Interview Questions

• What had I been doing for the last company I worked for?   1 Answer

Architectural Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Champion Home Builders.

Interview

Initial communication was great. Recruiter was prompt to respond and to set up an interview. I had only one interview and found out within a few days that they were making me an offer. I felt very comfortable during the interview explaining my work samples, in addition to my school experience and work experience and what I like about architecture.

Interview Questions

• I had to take an AutoCad test, just redraw a simple floorplan and elevation within 20 minutes as well as sketch by hand some changes I would make to an existing elevation. Nothing to challenging.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not able to negotiate hourly pay as an intern.

Production Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salisbury, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Champion Home Builders (Salisbury, NC).

Interview

Directly interviewed by Supervisor and the filled out paperwork that day after submitted for drug test . Relaxed environment only need two forms of ID standard when filling out new hire paperwork.

General Laborer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Claysburg, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Champion Home Builders (Claysburg, PA) in August 2013.

Interview

I was called by the H.R. Dept. to come in to Interview. I was met at the office by the H.R. Manager, and taken to the Plant Manager. After an introduction, the plant manager asked me a few questions about my interests, experience, past, and future plans. Then the Plant manager made a call on a 2-way radio, and shortly after, we were joined but all of the plant foremen. They all introduced themselves and i was walked around the plant to see each department and the roles played at each one.

Interview Questions

• After a tour of the plant and each individual department, i was asked which department i felt would fit my interests best, and where i felt i would be more of an asset to the company.   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Champion Home Builders (Troy, MI) in April 2008.

Interview

Comfortable

Interview Questions

• What salary are you looking for?   1 Answer

Negotiation

minimum problems