Champs Sports Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 2, 2018

1.7

Part Time Interview

Anonymous Employee in McAllen, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Champs Sports (McAllen, TX) in November 2011.

Interview

The interview was kind of off. I mean there was certain questions that I didn't see the reason behind. Wasn't professional was more of a bragging session which got annoying.

Part Time Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Champs Sports (Sacramento, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied at the end of January 2015. I got called in the first week of February, by a store near where I lived. I went in for an interview, hiring manager said he liked me and he would have someone contact me for a second interview.
    I got another call from another champs store in the area, the second week of February. Went in for an interview that Tuesday (Feb. 10th), hiring manager liked me, talked and she got me to sign a pre-hiring form. The next day (Feb. 11th) got a call for a second interview. I got hired on the spot. Process took literally 2 days. Overall the experience was pretty easy, really recommend to know your shoes and to actually just be yourself.

Interview Questions

• Why Champs? What do you know about Champs? Sell me this pen? A quick sell is sometimes a good thing and also bad, can you describe the pro's and con's of a quick sell? Why is team work important? Describe two shoes? What's your fav shoe? When did you make a mistake and how did you fix it?   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Champs Sports (Portland, OR) in August 2012.

Interview

Called in for a face to face interview with a Store manager at a branch that was not hiring. She was a nice girl and asked relevant questions regarding how I would manage personnel in a sales environment, how I would deliver excellent customer service and train/inspire others to do the same.
    Overall a pretty good experience.

Interview Questions

• None. All pretty standard scripted questions regarding customer service and retail leadership. Be prepared to give examples from your own experience.   Answer Question

Stock Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Champs Sports.

Interview

Applied online and was referred by a friend, literally walked in, spoke to the manager and scheduled an interview. The interview was actually very easy nothing to freak out about. The manager was just a little older than I was and was extremely easy to talk to. Unfortunately, I didn't get the job because I was going to school and could only work for a couple months.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Champs Sports (Houston, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

My interview process was fairly easy the manager asked a few question, the basic interview questions. She was very nice and very cheerful the interview lasted about 10-15 minutes

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Nyack, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Champs Sports (West Nyack, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

simply terrible the guy whos name only has (3 letters).had me waiting on the sales floor not in a room or in the back but where customers are shopping.than after 15 mins of waiting hes like were just gonna do the interview right here im like excuse me ? hes like yeah whats the problem..i didnt have an issue but now we do lol anyways he asks me to tell him about myself jobs where i worked etc etc and than starts yelling yes yelling like i need you to be open loud and enthusiastic i was so confused wasnt expecting that than asked do i have a car .. im sorry but i didnt know you needed to have a vehicle to be a cashier . long story short its not worth the time , go to footlocker.

Cashier Interview

Interview

The interview was in a very relaxed and sociable atmosphere. My recruiter tried to make me as comfortable and relaxed as possible. The questions were fairly easy for the most part and the recruiter acted like a normal person and understood what I was trying to say instead of acting like if I didn't explain it perfectly, he wouldn't get it. Very nice and just overall seemed like a nice person to work with. Explained things in more detail if I needed clarification and explained the job position to me in full detail. The only problem I had was after the initial interview, I had to call to check on my own status, and when they set up other interviews, they constantly had to reschedule.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question was 'What was an instance in which you had to improvise to get more tasks done when you already had a full schedule?'   Answer Question

The major thing that effected my decision was the amount of time it took them to try to get another interview rescheduled. They seemed too unorganized, and I was about to relocate in a few months.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Champs Sports.

Interview

the interview process was pretty quick, i got interviewed by 3 people, one HR guy and 2 store managers, they asked me basic interview questions that were pretty easy to answer.

Manager In Training Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aventura, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Champs Sports (Aventura, FL) in February 2014.

Interview

Applied online about 4 months later received a call asking if I was still interested. Set up an interview for 10 am when I got there it was 50 other people interviewing as well interview started at 11:15 and ended at 11:20 got hired on the spot but didn't start for another 3 weeks. Not drug test or background check is necessary for this company.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Minimum Wage

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Champs Sports in October 2012.

Interview

Hiring was pretty straight forward, Interview was basic. More like bonding time where you get to know your future manager. Dont be nervous and come dressed in business attire. Please!