Champs Sports Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Champs Sports Interview Questions

Updated May 2, 2018

1.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Champs Sports (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Filled out an application online, was given a call asking if I was still interested in the position. Of course I agreed and I was invited in for an interview. Upon arrival, I was asked to take a seat with about 10 other prospects. I had no idea this would be a group interview.
    You're asked to introduce yourself, mention where you're from, why Champs, and to mention one thing others might not have guessed about you (which is a strange request being that chances are no one knows anything about you) lol. Other situational questions are asked as well.
    The entire process lasts about 30 minutes up to an hour. In the end, to my surprise myself as well as a couple other eligible candidates were not selected. Three others were. I'm not sure what Champs is looking for, but judging by the candidates they chose, it isn't much. I couldn't believe it. You're encouraged to reapply in 3 month intervals, which made me believe that the quitting rate was high and it all made sense to me after that.

Interview Questions

• Mention a time where you turned a mistake into a positive   Answer Question
    • Mention a time where you handled a scheduling conflict.   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Champs Sports (San Jose, CA) in April 2018.

Interview

Applied online and it took about 2-3 days for them to call me back for an interview. I went in and they interviewed me in the house of hoops section. It was pretty chill interview and only took about 10 minutes maybe. At the end, they ask to confirm your email because they email you saying whether you made it to the next step or if they moved on to someone else.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Champs Sports in January 2018.

Interview

I applied online, it took them awhile to get to me. It was a group interview, like 4/5 other people. They sit you at a table in a mall and ask the basic questions.

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Champs Sports (Orlando, FL) in December 2017.

Interview

The interview was easy the hiring manager was really nice and easy to talk to we went on a walk around the mall while she was asking me questions and the interview just had a very easy going vibe but really positive.

Stock Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Champs Sports.

Interview

Applied online and was referred by a friend, literally walked in, spoke to the manager and scheduled an interview. The interview was actually very easy nothing to freak out about. The manager was just a little older than I was and was extremely easy to talk to. Unfortunately, I didn't get the job because I was going to school and could only work for a couple months.

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Champs Sports (San Diego, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

The hiring process doesn't take that long if your constantly keeping up to date with your application. Showing eagerness to a job tells a lot about you. The interview process was understandable and made you think if pursuing a career in the profession was a idea.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Champs Sports.

Interview

All I had to do was show up and they would offer me the job. They asked menial questions and the first thing I noticed was how raggedy and unprofessional the manager looked, I knew I had the job when I first saw him.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Champs Sports in July 2017.

Interview

Received a call for an interview a week after applying online. Went to the interview in a polo with nice shoes and got a couple compliments from the workers there. As for the interview itself it was the basic questions and comments about how they try to keep the whole customer base happy.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if it is time for back to school shopping and you and a co worker helped a customer but he feels he should get the whole commission?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Orange Park, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Champs Sports (Orange Park, FL) in July 2017.

Interview

It was very easy going it happened in a group so it wasn't hard to talk at all. The interviewers where nice and made the enviorment welcoming. It happened in a cafeteria and afterwards they asked me and another girl back to fill out forms.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Champs Sports (Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA) in May 2017.

Interview

It was very easy in my opinion due to the fact that I a people person I can sell to every member of the family so I had no real struggles interviewing

Interview Questions

• How would I be able to sell to a whole family and how would I run the floor and help multiple customers   Answer Question