Chanel Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 17, 2017

2.9

IT Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Chanel (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

HR and a interview with the manager asking a few tech questions .Thats all pretty simple got the offer after one week from the last interview nothing more to add to that .

Interview Questions

• How do I managed to priorities my work.+ Tech skills QA   2 Answers

Director Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Chanel.

Interview

Standard questions but had me come into the office 4 times for more than 3 hours each time.
    For the 1nd interview, I was supposed to meet with 2 VPs but they cancelled/rescheduled 4x (2 times on the day-of). The general process was disorganized and chaotic.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chanel (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview process is fairly simple: phone screen with HR to discuss interests and outline the role, followed by in person interview at their NYC HQ.

During the in-person meeting, you'll meet with HR and if that goes well, the hiring manager you'd report to. HR is mostly concerned with ensuring the right fit for their specific company culture. E.g. why you want to work at a European, privately held company, understanding you're aware of the relationship between the Paris office and the NY location, what your personal work ethic and values are.

One thing that was frustrating is that Chanel is very opaque about corporate roles and structure, meaning the job posting had vague qualifications and the phone screen wasn't elaborate either. Only until I got to the meeting with HR, and then moved on to the hiring manager I'd report to, did I realize I was interviewing for a position that was very junior in the context of my graduate degree and compensation needs.

Also, the conversation with that hiring manager was...interesting. Coming from a fashion background that was "extremely impressive" (their words), I was still asked "what do you think of the house of Chanel?" and "What do you think of Gabrielle Chanel?" I get that they might be screening out candidates who just want to work at Chanel and aren't familiar with the brand, but it didn't make me feel warm and fuzzy to feel I was already being spoken a bit down to before even starting a role.

Ultimately I declined moving forward with the position, and HR was supportive. I guess my one piece of feedback would be to employ better screening practices in explaining the organization, role, and salary structure over the phone to avoid wasted in person time.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Chanel (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

I spoke to HR on the phone and then went in to their office for an interview. I first met with HR and then two people on the team I would be working for. They were all very professional and explained the role well.

Interview Questions

• Why Chanel?
      Walk me through your resume.
      What would your old boss say about you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chanel in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online and then after a week got an email about an online interview. The interview was me responding to questions as I was recording myself. One thing I noticed is that there were various questions that practically asked for the same thing over and over again. At the end I did not hear back.

SummerProgram Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Chanel (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Online application, video interview. Took a few interviews to hear back. Competitive and not very structured in their follow-up. Not sure what position they will assign applicants to because they place you where they see you fit in the best.

Inter Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Chanel.

Interview

I had an over the phone interview and then an in person interview with the recruiter and after that she set up an interview with the person I would be reporting to.

Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Chanel (Houston, TX).

Interview

Very easy interview asked questions about myself and my past work experience, and my availability. Also called back to do a second interview in person and set a time and it was to meet with management to discuss further employment

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Chanel (Nashville, TN).

Interview

Long process as in a few weeks with multiple people. But very nice! Willing to train. They were very sweet and up front about what to expect with pay and training

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Chanel (Chicago, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

Really laid back! Manager was really easy to talk to and I felt like I was talking to a friend. There were about 40 people who applied and interviewed so you really have to stand out and set yourself apart from others

Interview Questions

• Why would you be a good fit for the company   1 Answer