ChargePoint Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ChargePoint Interview Questions

Interviews at ChargePoint

1. Featured Interview

Mechanical Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ChargePoint in July 2019.

Interview

Process was long but thorough. Total time for interview was approximately 5 hours with 7 different people each diving into a different topic such as manufacturing techniques, sheet metal design, GD&T, etc. Many of the interviewers asked the same questions.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at ChargePoint in September 2018.

Interview

Recruiter had contacted me on LinkedIn. Had a quick call with him and then a phone interview with the Hiring manager who was Director of some software org. Radio silence since Phone interview .

Interview Questions

• A bit manipulation question and a Binary tree question .   1 Answer

Sr. Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Campbell, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at ChargePoint (Campbell, CA) in December 2018.

Interview

Was contacted by recruiter on LinkedIn. Coordinator was forcing to schedule phone screen and also made mistakes in scheduling; then happened a phone screen with the director of engineering. As suggested by few people in other reviews, it doesn't matter how good you do, you are gonna get rejected. Maybe they just want to interview certain number of candidates for the sake of formality/records. TOTAL WASTE of time.

Analyst Interview

Interview

Kind of worst interview experience.The hiring manager is completely rude, arrogant and also not punctual. No one is begging for working in this company. Show some respect for the candidate.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Campbell, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ChargePoint (Campbell, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

I applied through LinkedIn, HR responded and brought me in for a first interview within a week. I also met with two of the team members I'd be working with.

I got a call the following week and was asked to come back for a second round. I met with the entire team as well as members of other teams I'd be interacting with. I received a few days later. The entire process took less than one month.

I felt at ease from the first meeting with the Director of People Operations. She did an excellent job explaining the context of the role and how it would fit within the team. I wanted to work there as soon as I had my first meeting with her. Great representation of the company culture.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my skills using the software platforms I would use as well as how I would approach problem solving by presenting scenarios.   Answer Question

Front End Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Campbell, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at ChargePoint (Campbell, CA) in May 2018.

Interview

An engineer called me on a Saturday for a behavioral interview. After passing that, they moved directly to the on site. I was asked everything from product design, parallel programming, to Javascript trivia. Aside from the parallel programming question, they're not heavy on algorithms. The interview lasted from 10AM to 3PM, prepare to power through the whole time without food because they don't give you time to eat.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Campbell, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ChargePoint (Campbell, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Quick phone screen then moved onto in person interview. Interview is with several team members, manager and director. It has a speed dating feel to the whole process which did not allow for any depth in the conversation. The people were friendly and seemed to enjoy the open design to the workplace.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Campbell, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ChargePoint (Campbell, CA) in January 2018.

Interview

Step 1: Phone Interview with hiring manager (for pre-screen),
    Step 2: On-site to meet with three team members 1:1 (for team and culture fit),
    Step 3: Speak with Director and HR (for details regarding job offer)

Interview Questions

• What do you like and dislike about working with people?   Answer Question

Sales Development Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at ChargePoint.

Interview

Met with multiple people of the sales team, good to get different perspectives. ChargePoint seems like a great place to work, for good sense of culture from employees. Although no offer, still a customer and fan

Sales Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ChargePoint in May 2018.

Interview

Started with a screening interview with one of the VPs then moved on to video interviews with other members of sales management team. Spent between 4 and 5 hours in total on that part of the process. Each person had a slightly different description of the job and what they would be doing that differed in important details from the posted job description. It didn't seem like they had a good handle on the position and their goals for it. Each interview went well and was told multiple times that I had the exact background they've been trying to find. I was even told that I should come in for an in person interview. I ended up finding out the hiring manager I was working with was on a contract that terminated and that they've decided to hire someone else only to see the job posted again. Overall it was a very poorly run process.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Campbell, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ChargePoint (Campbell, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

The HR Director, or otherwise known as 'Director of People Operations' was truly an outside of the box kind of HR Director. Unlike many company HR Directors, she didn't make me feel like I was just a number, or just another candidate following a process. She was 'human'. And, for HR division, I would assume that would mean something but am finding, oftentimes, that term gets forgotten in the 'process'.
    Once I submitted my resume, she spent time on learning more about what exactly I would be best at. There are several roles at ChargePoint and with my sales background, she actually opened up possibilities I didn't even think of. She was careful to arrange select interviews with key people, as well as key team members. Organized, thoughtful, excellent follow up. Everyone was prepared and had actually reviewed my resume in advance. But, they didn't just keep their eyes glued to the 'stats'. The people involved in the hiring process were clearly engaging in conversation- beyond the 'sell me this pen', or 'tell me about a difficult customer and how you overcame that challenge'.....this was a refreshing interview because the HUMANS involved were dynamic, out of the box, holistic thinkers. And they clearly respected each others' opinions, as they cross pollinated their responses with each other and with the 'Director of People Operations'.

Interview Questions

• I was asked so many different questions that were towards my understanding of 'channel partners', 'why I was changing from Medical Sales to something different', 'why I wanted to work at ChargePoint', questions about how I cultivated and grew a sales team, and so many more applicable business and sales questions. there was also conversation around my 'life'...where I was from, interests, etc. It wouldn't be fair to just put down one question they asked. I would challenge you to go in and find out for yourself!   Answer Question