ChargePoint Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.4
Pasquale Romano

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Chance to make a difference"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Campbell, CA

I have been working at ChargePoint full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very smart people, but not a high ego place. Definitely has an open transparent vibe.
    The company is growing rapidly and there's tons of opportunities for growth.
    Great location in Campbell.

I love the passion about what we do here. There's a real sense of tying your own specific job to something that can make a difference to climate change and the world as a whole. People here care, and that comes across quickly.

It's a fun place to work too! People take their jobs seriously, but there's a fun, friendly vibe that I get at pretty much every level of interaction.

Cons

There is no 401k match

"Needs more alignment"

I have been working at ChargePoint part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great industry , market leader

Cons

Leadership alignment issues and nepotism

Advice to Management

Prioritization would be great,

"Poor Management"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Campbell, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Campbell, CA

I worked at ChargePoint full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Employee Culture, benefits, catered lunches sometimes, Kaiser across the parking lot.

Cons

Poor management, zero HR leadership/help.

Advice to Management

Train the CEO and top level executives on how to be leaders.

"CEO has got to go!"

I have been working at ChargePoint full-time

Pros

People are amazing. Mission is tough to beat.

Cons

Zero accountability. Lack of goals. Overly aggressive product roadmap. Inexperienced CEO who screams and yells.

Advice to Management

Time to change the CEO. We will never succeed with Pat at the helm

"Sales"

I have been working at ChargePoint full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It's a great place to get your feet wet and the stocked kitchen is a great perk.

Cons

They hire the wrong leadership based on favoritism and less expensive salary like management with no management experience because you like them. It's an open space so there are no cubicles and no privacy. People get promoted because they like them, not for their skills. Poor leaders who don't know how to create a motivational and career promoting culture. They need a team of outside organizational consultants to diagnose the issues we have with bad leadership and high turnover due to back leadership. So many people have resigned and they don't fix it. They just have their eye on the bottom dollar and not what's good for their team and the employee.

Advice to Management

Hire an organizational team to come in and revamp every department, the culture is failing and it's costing money. We have lost a lot of amazing people. We are all demotivated and there is good reason why. Hire the right people with experience and not because they are a cheap salary or look good on paper. People are leaving and there is something very wrong. Let us work from home as being visible at work or working longer hours doesn't mean more productivity or we are happy, so stop micromanaging. Look at the top 10 companies with the best cultures, pay and amenities for leadership and employees and emulate that, you will have happy employees who are productive. Find the right leadership and stop with the turnover. Leadership attitude needs to change. Take an interest in your employees and give them a way to map out their career so people can feel empowered and valued. Ask us what we want as we don't feel valued at all. You just see us as a dollar sign and not a person and your expectations are way off.

6. "Fun place"

Current Employee - Business Intelligence Analyst in Campbell, CA
    Current Employee - Business Intelligence Analyst in Campbell, CA

I have been working at ChargePoint full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Just ask and the company will raise pay upto 20% in one go.
    Easy going - just need to work 9-4.

Cons

No free lunch. Leadership is weak

Advice to Management

Hire better engineering team from better universities

"It takes a mass exodus to start seeing changes"

I have been working at ChargePoint full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company is great and the product an industry leader. They put their employees first, but it definitely depends on which department you are in.

- Snacks

Cons

There were growing pains during my time here and unfortunately it took many resignations within a month for management to acknowledge that there was an issue with morale. On a good note, the loss in the talent they had is leading to some positive changes for their existing employees, so I hope they stay true to these promises and keep them happy.

Advice to Management

Stop putting employees into middle management positions based on seniority and not on managerial skills because the one you promoted for my team, had absolutely none. You needed a "YES" person, and you got what you asked for, but at the cost of losing some talent.

STOP WITH THE MICROMANAGING - place some trust in your employees and don't punish the entire team for one or two bad apples. If you have employees who are performing poorly - deal with them, because it is unfair for those who work hard to see these counterparts continue with their bad habits without repercussion.

You claim to provide salaries fair to the market value. You are not. Add this along with the micromanaging - you will see more resignations.

Again, there seems to be some change in the horizon, so I hope these issues are dealt with. ChargePoint is a great company and I want them to succeed. Just make sure you keep your team happy. They want to be there.

"Great mission and culture--- growing pains and benefits and comp are average"

I have been working at ChargePoint full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great Mission and company is very loyal to its employees, the company is at the beginning of a fast growth ramp, expanding internationally.

Cons

Doesn't pay very well, benefits are minimal and I'm starting to wonder how meaningful the stock-options are.

9. "Lots to love about working here"

I have been working at ChargePoint full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people are great and I really enjoy going to work each day

Cons

Growing pains and lots of hiccups throughout the org that unfortunately cost the overall business

Advice to Management

Someone else said it and it is true. Work life balance is better for some teams while others work crazy hours regularly

"Not the Best"

I worked at ChargePoint full-time

Pros

Supervisors, snacks, not much else

Cons

Low pay , being tricked to have to work for a temp agency not CP, No benefits , no chance for advancement, stressful job

Advice to Management

Driver support is your frontlines , yet there is obvious lack of care for driver support. I have a over a decade of customer service that wasn't even a consideration in pay or my education. I have never had such a bright look on a companies potential to be so disappointed by a company cause of the lack of care for their employees ( lower). Get rid of the temp agency don't trick people into working for you through them.