Chartboost Interview Questions

Updated Sep 28, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 29 of over 29 interviews

3.3
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Chartboost

Chartboost

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Chartboost in Sep 2021

Interview

Overall, the interview process was smooth and transparent, and the people I talked to were very nice! The interview included 5 rounds with an assignment. - I talked with the HR in the Amsterdam office first. Kristel was super nice, and she gave me an introduction about the company and asked me some questions about my background. I met my hiring manager via Zoom one day later. The conversation was nice and easy, mainly about my understanding about the industry, my past working experience and related skills. - Then I was asked to finish an analytical assignment, and the assignment was actually enjoyable. I spoke with the head of team for around 45mins after one day I submitted the assignment. - I was invited to have online 'onsite' interviews with my prospective colleagues. Everyone was friendly and the interviews grew my desire to work with them. - Global HR reached me saying everything went well, and invited me to speak with the VP. The final quick chat with global HR wrapped up the hiring process, it's a f2f congrats :) The written offer was given after several hours.

Interview Questions
  • - Why do you want to work for Chartboost? - Which part of this job attracts you the most? - How do you label yourself? - What are your strengths & weaknesses? - Any conflict you had with your colleagues before? and how do you deal with it? - What else do you think we could do to boost the sales? - How do you prioritize different demands?
    Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Chartboost (San Francisco, CA) in Aug 2021

Interview

The whole interview process is perfect! There are three rounds in total. In the first round, the Head of Global Talent contacted me and organized the first meeting for me with my direct manager. Both the Head of Global Talent and this manager are so nice and professional! the talk went so well. Just after the first meeting, I received the invitation to the second interview, which is a take-home assessment with a time limit of 3 days. After 3-5 days since I submitted my report, I received the invitation to the third round, which is also the final round. In this part, you need to talk with four managers from different departments. They will ask you questions in different fields which contains some cases and calculations. After all these tiring hiring processes, I finally got the oral offer from the Head of Global Talent just the second day, and then just some onboarding things. In general, it is a very good experience. All HR, interviewers are very supportive! Looking forward to the future work.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Chartboost

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Chartboost in May 2021

Interview

The whole interview process was really nice! I got the first interview invitation on May 28th, and the first interview was with People Operations Manager EMEA. She was super nice. She introduced some basic information about the company and told me that we were just having a conversation to learn about me and don't treat it as an interview. It made me less nervous immediately. And the conversation went well. Then I moved to the next round with the hiring manager. She was really talkative. When I mentioned that I learned some terms to prepare for this interview, she showed a great interest in it and encouraged me to explain what I learned. After my explanation, she praised me and gave a more simplified explanation to me. I also asked her some questions about the job and I could strongly feel her enthusiasm for this job and the work atmosphere in Chartboost. We had a conversation for about 40 minutes but the process was really enjoyable. The thrid round was about finishing a written assignment and Excel assignment. Both of them were not difficult. However, I misunderstood when I did the written assignment, but they were so nice to give me another chance to answer it again. I am really grateful for that. For the last round interview, I had a 2-hour interview with 4 team members via Zoom meeting. Before the inteview, hr manager gave me the names of my interviewees and answered my questions about my interviewees. The information she gave me was very helpful. I was asked some questions about my experience in my CV and some behaviour questions. When I asked them questions, all of them gave me a specific and genuine answer. After the panel interview, the Head of Global Talent reached me to say hi and gave me feedback from the team. The feedback were all positive and I am really happy about it. After that, I had a final meeting with the director. He congratulated me and told me they decided to give me an offer!!! It has been less than a month since I got my first interview! After that, I communicated with the Head of Global Talent about my start time and my questions about the contract. She was considerate and the whole communication process was smooth and quick. I asked a lot of questions during the process, but she has always been patient with me and answered my questions quickly and accurately. I felt respected and that I am really welcomed by the whole team.

Interview Questions
  • - How do you know about this job and why do you want to apply for it? - Describe a time you made a mistake and what did you learn from it? - What's your biggest achievement? - What do you like least about your last job? - What are your strengths and weaknesses?

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Chartboost (San Francisco, CA) in Apr 2020

Interview

My interview experience was amazing! Everyone was so warm, open, transparent, and they clearly love working at Chartboost! That came through immediately with the recruiter, and was echoed throughout the process with each person I spoke with. The recruiter had reached out to me, and once I responded we had a call scheduled a couple of days later. They asked me questions about my background, why I am looking to make a switch, and to ensure that my skillset is a match. I was impressed by the thoughtful and relevant questions that were asked, and thought a great job was done vetting out whether or not it would be a match for both parties! The recruiter was very enthusiastic, positive, genuine, and on top of it. I was in mid rounds with other companies, and my timeline was respected and interviews were moved around to match my schedule and timeline, which was greatly appreciated. My conversation with the recruiter was incredibly refreshing, it was such a positive experience! After I spoke with the recruiter, I had a call with the hiring manager the next day for 30 minutes. This conversation felt very at ease and relaxed. I went through my background and experience, answered some process and situational questions, and plenty of time was carved out for me to ask questions at the end. The hiring manager was very passionate about Chartboost and the conversation felt genuine and open. I felt there was a lot of transparency, which I appreciated. The manager wanted it to feel like a two way street, so that we both could ask questions and ensure it was a good fit. The next step was an "onsite", where I interviewed with 6 people (including the hiring manager and recruiter) from the company. I did plenty of research prior, which is quite necessary! I felt well prepared. I met with each interviewer for 45 minutes, and what I really appreciated is that I was never asked the same question twice! Each person asked me an entirely different set of questions. I was asked to do a role play exercise in addition to an on the spot calculation. I was asked questions about the industry, competitors, Chartboost's products, and to go through my own history and to provide examples of my work in different situations. A lot of questions were asked around my thought process in problem solving, starting with "tell me about a time when you...". Each person I interviewed with was incredibly welcoming, kind, and clearly loved their job! It made me really want to be a part of the team, as it was obvious that it's a truly collaborative, ego free, and positive culture. I received an offer the next day! Verbal and written. I had never been in an interview process where I sincerely clicked with each of the interviewers, nor felt such a strong positive presence. I was really excited and received a competitive offer. Overall it was a truly positive experience! One final thing to note is that the recruiter did an amazing job checking in with me throughout the entire process, and sharing excitement with me as I moved on to each step of the way. It felt very encouraging and I appreciated the extra effort put in.

Interview Questions
  • A publisher calls you upset and says their app keeps crashing from your SDK. Can you walk me through how you would handle this, and what steps you would take to trouble shoot.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Chartboost (San Francisco, CA) in Nov 2017

Interview

Phone screening with both HR and hire manager, followed up by a case study that test your technical skills and working philosophy and then on-site interview which takes half of the day

Interview Questions
  • How do you build report and can be customized to different people's need?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Chartboost (San Francisco, CA) in Oct 2017

Interview

1. Phone call with company recruiter. 2. Video coding session with engineer manager. Pretty easy algorithm stuff and learning about company. 3. Half-day on-site interview. Met with CTO, product manager, engineering lead, and an engineer. The younger engineer asked really hard algorithm questions that likely have no resemblance to anything you'd encounter on the job. Typical whiteboarding nonsense.

Interview Questions
  • Write a function to detect whether a number is prime.
  • Write a function to detect whether a string is a palindrome.
  • Write a function that takes an array of strings and returns those strings which are palindromes and whose length is a prime number.
  • How would you architect a product list page?
  • Write a function to serialize a binary tree into a string. Write another function to deserialize a string back into a binary tree.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Chartboost (San Francisco, CA) in Oct 2017

Interview

There was an initial phone screening with a recruiter in which they described the position to gauge my interest. I next spoke over the phone with the Engineering Manager. Then Brought in for an onsite interview with the office manager, and the members of the IT team.

Interview Questions
  • Was given a quick test to see how I research and solve problems I'm not familiar with.

Chartboost

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chartboost

Interview

You'll receive an email saying that they wish to have a phone interview with you, and give you a form to fill out your availability. Interview is about 30 minutes long.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Chartboost

Application

I interviewed at Chartboost

Interview

Single interview with brief standard technical and competency questions. What do you understand by an agile development process? What has been your biggest contribution academic or practical? What have you ben doing for the last 2 years - this arose as I'd had a career gap to accompany my wife to India for her job posting.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a personal project you have worked on.
  • What have you ben doing for the last 2 years - this arose as I'd had a career gap to accompany my wife to India for her job posting.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Chartboost (San Francisco, CA) in Mar 2017

Interview

They called me for an hour long interview with VP of products and after days I met with the team. The process was pretty good as I was interviewed by PMs, Director of engineers and Data scientist.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 29 Interviews