Chartboost Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 7, 2017

3.4

Senior DevOps Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Interview

Started with phone screen from recruiter followed by 45 minute technical phone interview (with interactive python coding), then on-site interview with team members and manager. It included architectural discussions, DevOps type questions, and of course more python coding. Very nice people, good team! Their office is extremely nice but they are moving, hopefully to another nice location.

Interview Questions

• Q1: Write a program to print the number of times each word appears in a given sentence. For example "the fox jumps over the fox moon" would output:
      the:2
      fox:2
      jumps:1
      over:1
      moon:1
      1 Answer
    • What happens in the system when I run "curl www.google.com" on the console   1 Answer
    • Describe the architect of Google or Facebook   1 Answer
    • Find pairs or people who have $1.00 for lunch and match them up
      (i.e. given a list, find matches (pairs) that add up to 100; reject ones that don't have a match or odd numbers)
      1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Chartboost (San Francisco, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a external recruiter for an opportunity at Chartboost. I had a call with the internal recruiter, then another call with who would be my lead, then a coding exercise and finally flew to SF for a on-site interview.

The process itself was nice and I learned a lot through the process, the thing I didn't like it is how nice their hr members where at the beginning, always with nice words. When I went on-site they promised to get back to me the next day, no matter the result of the interview and that they will provide feedback so I can improve. The truth is that I never heard from them again, not even a polite email. I took a day off from work and flew from the other coast to SF just to have the interview with them, I think that, at least, I deserve a one-line email politely declining to continue through the process.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Chartboost (San Francisco, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online, the recruiter scheduled a call. It was an overall overview about my background, interests then on the second stage a member of the team interviewed me on the phone which was again not so hard and was more focused on my background each call took 30 minutes.

Then I was invited for an on-site interview. The Sr. recruiter gave me a tour of the whole office and different teams.

An interview was with 5 different team members and the hiring manager. Every individual was very well prepared, knew my background to some extent and had at least one question related to a piece of my history that had some relationship with CB.

It was challenging because each member came up with hypothetical questions that directly were related to the candidate's role and his/her interactions with them. All of the rounds of interview were fun for me and I liked being challenged in problem-solving. One of the interviewers was there only to test my SQL and I wasn't ready for SQL at that point of time, he was kind and question was easy basic SQL coding on board but I didn't do well and I think the last interviewer after that came in with the NO from the beginning and he couldn't hide it and didn't challenge me at all. It's funny that you can easily feel the decision as you're going forward in the interview process. Really missed being a member of their team because I had all the skill set they wanted.

Interview Questions

• How many baseball bats are in the U.S? Show your logic on the board.   1 Answer
    • How can you support other teams on the issues that they don't have enough time to take care themselves?   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Chartboost (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

A friend referred me and the interview process was pretty quick. I talked to HR a day after my resume was received, the hiring manager over the phone the next day, and came in for an interview the next week. Everyone was extremely nice and the in person interview was very thorough and long. I was asked a lot of hypothetical questions centered around my critical problem solving skills. I was also asked to explain the competitive landscape, where Chartboost fit in relation, and how they worked with a variety of companies within the gaming ecosystem. At the end of the day, they decided to move in a different direction and there were no hard feelings. It was left open for me to explore opportunities with Chartboost down the line if there was anything else that aligned with my skillset. I had a very good experience despite the fact that I didn't receive an offer, and the HR department was one of the best I've ever worked with.

Interview Questions

• Describe the competitive landscape of the gaming ecosystem.   Answer Question

Senior Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Chartboost (San Francisco, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

An informal chat with a recruiter (whom I had been introduced to at a previous meet-up), a longer in-person chat with the hiring manager, a full round of interviews with invested parties and a tour of the office. The interview panel felt well rounded and I met everyone I would be working closely with. At the end of the interviews, I had a clear idea of what it would be like to work at Chartboost.

Interview Questions

• Read through a job description and point out any flaws as well as how to make it more attractive to candidates.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chartboost.

Interview

Had a chat with the recruiter, they were very well informed and then scheduled an interview pretty quickly. A general technical telephonic screen, with the interviewer explaining about the role and then we jumped into a coding problem in coder pad. The interviewer explain about the company and about their role in the company in a detailed fashion.

Interview Questions

• Implement an Iterator of Iterators class. The class should have next() and hasNext() and should run in O(1) time. Everytime next() is called, it should hit the consecutive iterator.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Chartboost (San Francisco, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Completed a online coding exercise that had 3 programming questions, they were easy to moderate. After that, i was invited for a onsite interview after the coding exercise. It consisted of 4 rounds in total. and was a good interview experience overall.

Interview Questions

• One round focussing on design, rest straight programming questions.   Answer Question

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Chartboost (San Francisco, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

I was contacted for an initial phone screening by the recruiter after an employee referral. He was extremely friendly and helpful throughout the process, and did a great job of keeping me in the loop. The second phone screening was with a developer, who was also very friendly and discussed the position and my background in more depth, including some technical questions.

I was contected immediately after the phone screen and invited for an on-site interview for the next day. I interviewed with seven people over about four hours, and was provided with lunch and a tour of the (beautiful) office. I had the pleasure of interviewing with three of the senior devs and really got a feel for the product and direction they are going. All of my interviewers were very collaborative, and I felt well-treated as a prospective co-worker. Challenging, but never antagonistic. Everyone seemed to believe strongly in the company and product, and enjoy their work.

I would not hesitate to recommend Chartboost to other job-seekers.

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Chartboost.

Interview

Coding Challenge (4 Questions in 60 mins) and final round interview with member of specific team. The final round interview consisted of a person from the team asking me a lot of specific knowledge based questions off a list that required you to have a deep knowledge of the topic. Also before moving on to the next topic, he would ask to rate yourself on a scale from 1 to 10 about how well you knew a particular topic without providing context of what a 10 on the scale represents. The interviewer actually didn't even know if I was interning for an internship or full time before I told him in the beginning of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Detecting memory leaks in Java? Interprocess communication in Android? A lot of specific knowledge based questions that do not really provide good representation of someone's technical ability   4 Answers

Support Engineering Lead Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Chartboost in August 2014.

Interview

This was a phone interview after a quick chat with recruiter. phone interview was with Support director. He asked general questions like what is router , what is 3G etc, how to describe computer to grandma.
    Later recruiter got back saying was not a techinical fit. He could not provide more details.