Chattem Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Chattem Interview Questions

Interviews at Chattem

Assistant Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chattem (Chattanooga, TN) in April 2018.

Interview

I applied in January, was contacted for a phone interview in March. Had the interview and was scheduled for an on-site interview. Interviewed with 4 different people one on one. The interviewers all had very different interview styles. One was more conversational, one was behavioral.

Interview Questions

• Describe a recent commercial or advertisement that has impacted you. Why did it impact you, and who was the target audience?   Answer Question
    • Describe a product, any product, that you enjoy and why.   1 Answer
    • Describe a time that you worked really hard at something and it failed.   Answer Question

Line Mechanic Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chattem (Chattanooga, TN) in January 2011.

Interview

One on one interviews with two or three supervisors. Then there was a significant amount of time spent on the lines. At the end, you will sit down with the supervisor and get feedback right then on how they felt about you.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the toughest thing you have face in your life, and how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The rate was clearly posted prior to my interview, so there really wasn't much negotiate.

Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Chattem (Chattanooga, TN).

Interview

it was very good interview and i enjoy talking with each one of them the process as easy and the answers was off the top of my head and question on point

Interview Questions

• can you work overtime second shift and weekends   1 Answer

Scientist/Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Chattem (Chattanooga, TN) in February 2011.

Interview

Easy, one day interview process with those you would be working most closely with.

Business Development Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Chattem.

Interview

Long process. Took 3 months for a position that was open 6 months. Had a phone screen and 2 in-person interviews. Asked to provide a case study on data they provided. It was difficult to tell who was the ultimate decision maker. There seems to be alignment issues between the field and corporate.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself including your personal life. What are your hobbies.
      What are your strengths? Weaknesses? Favorite type of manager? If you had a choice of making a project late but perfect vs good and on time what would you do? Tell me how you would solve the business problem.   Answer Question

Manager -- Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Chattem (Chattanooga, TN).

Interview

Chattem uses few select headhunters to acquire talent -- therefore these individuals know the organization and can do a good job of vetting candidates. After a phone screen with the headhunter, I held a 1-hour call with the hiring manager -- more about fit than skills. Once that was established, I received a case study to complete; by doing an acceptable job, you are then able to progress to an onsite interview. It is a good process to ensure cultural fit and then determine skillset before flying to Chattanooga.

Once onsite, you should receive a whirlwind tour of the office and will typically meet/interview with between 4-6 individuals across multiple departments and then have a 1-hour panel interview with 2-4 folks within your intended department. Total time in the office can range from 4-8 hours with a lunch typically thrown in the mix. Everyone is very nice, which can be disarming. Be sure to stay in "interview mode" throughout. You shouldn't receive too many curveballs.

Dress in the office is typically more formal business casual -- definitely a business dress interview day.

Interview Questions

• Why Chattem, why Chattanooga?   1 Answer
    • If a friend, a coworker, and a manager described you with one adjective, what would it be?   Answer Question
    • What do you know about HBC, what do you know about CPG? What experience do you have among the various channels/trade classes?   Answer Question

Transportation Logistics V P Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Chattem (Chattanooga, TN).

Interview

They wanted to know my history in this field.And once I explained where I started that most people never get a chance to have your hand in every process. In transportation.I assure u if u do decide to interview me u will understand how extensive of experience you will understand exactly why I will be the one for this job.Thank You.

Interview Questions

• What did I ever shut down my own logistics company after all those years   1 Answer

Sales Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chattem in August 2011.

Interview

Received an email 40 days after applying for job. Setup a phone interview, which was very basic. Received a phone call to setup one on one interview, the first interview was with the phone interviewer. Received a call back for a second interview with direct report and direct reports manager, interview was very similiar to one on one interview a lot of generic interview questions and maybe a couple behavioral interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you were faced with a difficult co-worker and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question