Chef Geoff Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Chef Geoff

Host Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chef Geoff (Washington, DC) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview was an open house interview for all positions in all the locations. It was held at another location of the chin of the restaurant. Interviewers was hand out a form to fill out then intervewed by the hiring manager. On the form, you get to choose which location you'd perfer to work. The interview was very straight forward and the job was offered right at the spot.

Host Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Chef Geoff (Washington, DC) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online, was contacted within the week for an interview. spoke with two managers, second was concerned questions were repeated. They were serious about hiring and it was a good experience. Was also asked if I wanted to be a server, am willing to learn that and their extensive menu.

Interview Questions

• What was a difficult situation encountered in a previous position?   Answer Question

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Chef Geoff (Washington, DC) in March 2013.

Interview

After filling out an application the hiring manager will contact within 72 hours to schedule an in person interview. The first person that interviews you is usually a manager in your area (bar manager hires bartenders, floor managers interview servers/bussers/hosts etc) then if the first interviewer likes you they'll schedule another interview with the GM or AGM if they are not available.

Interview Questions

• Asks general food and beverage questions. Make sure that you know the menu (American, Italian, Spainsh, etc) before going in!   Answer Question

Negotiation

The hiring manager will either hire you right away or they can send an email asking you to accept a position. There is no "probation period" for new employees so you are immediately retained.