Chegg Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

Sort:

Javascript Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Chegg (San Francisco, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied on glassdoor and a recruiter calls me a day or two after and sends over a coding challenge. I took the challenge and they said I did great, then get a 45 min phone interview. The interviewer had a hard time getting out his question, I think he made it up on the spot, and the next couple of days I get a rejection email.

Interview Questions

• 3 hr coding challenge which was easy and I still don't know what he was trying to ask in the phone interview. They need to have a definitive question ready rather than making something up on the spot. If they didn't make it up on the spot it surely seemed that way.   Answer Question

Javascript Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Chegg (San Francisco, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

Pretty standard tech interview process ala 2016. First a phone screen with a company recruiter, then a take home test, then onsite. The take home test was supposed to be done in 3 hours, but in reality I doubt anyone could finish it this quickly and up to standard. The onsite interview took 4 hours and was pretty friendly, although I didn't get to tour the office or meet anyone else besides the few people who interviewed. Aside from that, I think it obvious that they're seeking (and holding out for) the rare unicorn who is off the charts both in computer science, knows a language or two outside of Javascript, in addition to a deep knowledge of front end/UI development itself. Apparently, they have been trying to fill this particular position for 1-2 years. All in all, I feel like my time was wasted because I let them know from the beginning what my strengths/weaknesses were, yet the interview mainly focused on the weak parts.

Interview Questions

• Implement a typeahead feature from scratch, on a whiteboard   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Chegg (Santa Clara, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

The HR guy contacted initially, followed by a phone screen. The HR guy seemed nice and gave me a detailed overview of the company
    The interviewer seemed to be confused and outright rude at times. Asked me design question and kept on confusing me as I was trying to come up with a solution.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Chegg (Louisville, KY).

Interview

A recruiter contacted me about an opening for a software engineer. I submitted my resume and then he set up an interview the next week. The interview was with an HR person and a tech person. It went well, but I was pretty sure I was not quite as experienced as they were looking for. They took me to see the tech manager right after for a one on one interview.

The whole process was very quick and everyone involved was friendly. I was right about the amount of experience though as that is what they stated about why they declined to make me an offer.

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Chegg (Santa Clara, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

Phone screen and on site interview. One day. Sr. manager asked a technical question. VP asked a technical question. Met with design team.

Interview Questions

• Mostly user experience coding test. Was not that difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Stated my desired salary, was offered 5k less.

SRE Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chegg.

Interview

It was a standard process until I got to the first technical interview. It was a guy with a heavy accent talking on a poor cell phone connection making up trivia questions as he went along. By far the worst interview I have experienced. Totally unprofessional. I suggest you don't waste your time.

Interview Questions

Chegg Response

Jul 7, 2015 – Head of Talent Acquisition

We did not extend offer to this candidate. We do not agree with the candidates assessment of this interview. We do not ask proprietary information. Our feedback from over 100 others who have... More

Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Chegg (San Francisco, CA) in February 2018.

Interview

Applied February 1st. Contacted via internal recruiter February 4th. Phone Interview February 7th with Recruiter. This process consisted of basic background info to make sure you're a worthy candidate. Passed on to next phone screen with direct manager February 16th. Invited to onsite interview round February 18th. Onsite interviews conducted February 25th. This was with 5 different employees all 45 minutes each back to back! That's insanity. March 1st I was given an offer to take the job, which I accepted.

Interview Questions

• Every interviewer started off with basic background information of what they do and then you give them a basic background of what you've done that correlates to the role.
      Then the interview process is about how you analyze, what skills you would use to solve hypothetical situations you would run into in the job position, and scheduling questions.
      Be sure to communicate with your direct manager what you expect as far as work / life balance, team support, managerial style, and culture fit.
      If any of these above categories make you uneasy, don't be afraid to walk away from this job. It may not be worth it for you!   1 Answer

Warehouse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shepherdsville, KY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chegg (Shepherdsville, KY) in July 2011.

Interview

People at staffing agency, very nice, looked like they were hiring every one that applied. Ahead Staffing

Interview Questions

• Do you have warehouse experience   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Chegg in March 2016.

Interview

Video screening - General behavioral questions
    Phone Interview -
    Phone Acceptance

It was very straightforward and communication was great! They got back to me the day of applying and from then, they were quick to answer any questions I might have had.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Chegg in April 2014.

Interview

I applied online and I thought I would never hear back. But they did take a month to respond after which I had a phone interview with the head of the internship program. After a couple of days, she said I got through to the next round at which point I had a phone interview with two people who I would possibly work for.

Interview Questions

• The interview was around 45 minutes long and it was fairly straightforward, nothing I didn't expect. I was well prepared and had done a couple of interviews before so it helped me prepare.   Answer Question