Chegg Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 18, 2017

2.7

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Chegg (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

1) Was contacted by Sr. Data Scientist - No questions asked, but she spoke about the company and the role and the work
    2) Director - Questions about background and experience based on resume
    3) Sr. Data Scientist - Technical interview questions

P.S. : They will not tell you why they turned you down

Interview Questions

• 2 SQL questions
      1 simple python programming question - word frequency counter custom function
      More technical questions followed from the programming question   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chegg.

Interview

-No real interview, they review your resume, work experience, and "proficient subjects" and maybe if you are on the border of being selected or not give you a call.

I received no call but an email stating I received the position about 2 weeks after submitting an online application, I also had to submit proof of education such as my Bachelors of Science Diploma and a picture of a School ID.

Marketing Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Chegg (Santa Clara, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

Chegg has a fast and responsive interview process. The recruiter kept in constant touch and the hiring manager kept the process moving quickly. Each stage took a few days and they were transparent in their needs, benefits, and feedback.

Interview Questions

• A mix of behavioral questions and thinking through scenarios like how would you grow a line of business.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Chegg (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied for a position within Chegg's product line. Started off with phone screens from HR and hiring manager. I was then asked to come onsite where I was to put together a case study on one of their products and present it to the group.

Onsite interviews lasted about three hours, which consisted of said presentation and three individual sessions.The presentation and Q&A afterwards were pretty straight forward. The one on one individuals were relatively straight forward as well, asked about my experience/background, projects i've worked on, etc. My negative experience mostly stemmed from the last person I met with when he said something along the lines of "I don't like to be the smartest person in whichever environment I'm in, whether it be at work or with friends. But maybe in this room, I am." He also mentioned something about my background/talking points being "institutionalized" and was well rehearsed. Not sure what would prompt someone to mention those condescending remarks but that couldn't be any more of a turnoff.

Afterwards, I sent my thank yous and followed up with HR which I have received no responses.

Data Science Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Chegg.

Interview

Had an initial screening interview that was done with video given pre-recorded questions by the recruiter. 2nd interview was with the hiring manager. Interview was about myself, past experiences, and then case study.

Interview Questions

• Case study was interesting but a bit unexpected. I definitely fumbled around with this.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Chegg in March 2017.

Interview

I was approached by the team lead after i applied to the job. I was then handed over to a recruiter who then scheduled my interview with the lead. It was an hour long interview where we spoke about the role, responsibilities and technologies used. The next round was suppose to be a technical coding interview with one of the team members. The interviewer did not call me at the scheduled time. I informed the recruiter that i havnt received the call. The recruiter then tried to look what went wrong. The interviewer never got the interview invite and called me an hour after the scheduled time that something went wrong on the calendar. Our conversation lasted almost 45minutes where we discussed inside out about the company and the role. End of the call he said i should get something from the recruiter soon. I emailed recruiter thrice in the next two weeks and at the end i just got an email saying position has been filled.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chegg (Santa Clara, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Was given a roundtable interview + case study same day, with the idea I could then present to a group and actually sell the project internally. However, since I didn't have time to prepare for it (was supposed to be sent a week prior) - I had to fly by the seat of my pants.

There was no way of saving the interview, and the team was looking for a fully flushed out strategy. The team was really looking for a solution that they could implement tomorrow.

Honestly, the team is expecting director level knowledge, for an average manager salary in the middle of Santa Clara.

Interview Questions

• How would you a/b test your solution? What are your development skills? (Front end/python)   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chegg (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

I had a great phone screening with the HR Recruiter, then hiring manager and was brought in to meet with 4-5 people. Here's what really bothered me that I wanted to share: The VP was the very last person to meet with me. She took one look at my resume (it seemed to be the very first time she saw my resume) and said "Oh you don't have X Skill. We can't have someone w/out X Skill fill this position". Needless to say I didn't get an offer which is fine, but if they knew this would be a requirement from the VP, I wish they hadn't wasted my time (and theirs) by bringing me in.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what you did.
      What steps would you take if you were given this project.   Answer Question

Senior Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Chegg (Santa Clara, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

Phone screens from HR and hiring manager
    SQL test. The questions are straightward
    On site (Meet with 4-5 people), in which I need to give a presentation
    They could possibly verbally grant you an offer during on-site, which I think is just to hold you before you move forward with other companies. Eventually nothing official came out and no one even responded to your followups.

Interview Questions

• Question about sql skills, past projects and learnings, some basic modeling questions in a tool which I used before   Answer Question

User Experience Researcher Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Chegg.

Interview

I had a phone screening with the recruiter. It was very short and definitely felt like she was just following a checklist. I didn't get a chance to ask any questions. She said she wanted to get me in front of the hiring manager and I should hear by a certain day. When that day came and went, I followed up. She was apologetic and said she would get back to me later. Same thing happened again. In the end I heard nothing either way - no interview and no rejection.