Cherry Bekaert Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

1. Featured Interview

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cherry Bekaert (Miami, FL) in October 2016.

Interview

Process took roughly 3 weeks, applied through university career fair. Consisted of on campus, and office interviews. Very positive experience, everyone was extremely nice, and in general really seemed to want to get to know their candidates. Interview offers via email, verbal offer over phone, followed by written offer through email.

Interview Questions

• Why audit? Tell me of a time you used your negotiation skills to solve a problem. Walk me through a group project involving a presentation. What are you hoping to get out of this position? Ect, a lot of behavioral questions. And had a good opportunity to ask questions.   Answer Question

Dec 12, 2016 – Executive Recruiter

Thanks for the great feedback! We are so pleased that you had a positive interviewing experience and that you were able to ask questions to help you to make the best choice for your internship. We ... More

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Cherry Bekaert (Atlanta, GA) in January 2017.

Interview

I met with and administrative lead and a manager video conferenced in. They were both very professional and very polite. The office was very clean and professional and the receptionist was very inviting and offered beverages.

Interview Questions

• Name a time I had a difficult situation on the job and how did I handle it? What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Too far from my home

Feb 13, 2017 – Executive Recruiter

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive interviewing experience!

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cherry Bekaert (Raleigh, NC) in November 2016.

Interview

Horrible and Unprofessional. My interviewer started off the interview by telling me, it would be cut short. He was also driving, so the service on his end was horrible. He expressed that due to the fairness of the interview process we should rescheduale. The interviewer only told me about the position, did not ask my any questions regarding my experience before the connect fell through. The day before the rescheduled interview, I received an email that stated that based on the interview, even though there wasn't much clarity, the interviewer learned enough about me to determine that he wanted to proceed with other candidates. To me, this was extremely unprofessional especially since I was not asked any questions regarding my experience. I felt I was not given a chance to give an interview. It was disappointing, that potential candidates are treated the way they are. I will not be applying for any more positions in this company.

Interview Questions

Cherry Bekaert Response

Dec 6, 2016 – Executive Recruiter

Thank you for taking time to provide feedback on your phone interview. We care about our candidates and are always working to ensure we create a professional candidate experience. Your feedback is ... More

Senior Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cherry Bekaert (Raleigh, NC) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied for this position on LinkedIn and the same week had an initial phone interview with a recruiter. It was a standard interview asking about experience, salary requirements, etc. I then had a second phone interview with who would have been my supervisor 2 weeks later. That was less of an interview and more of an explanation of the position. I was selected for a formal in-person interview. The recruiter followed up with an agenda which included 5 separate interviews, each lasting 30 minutes. The agenda had changed the day before the interview but I was not supplied with the new agenda. I ended up interviewing with 6 separate people, 3 of which were attorneys, and it went very well. I was shown around office, offered drinks and snacks, explained about benefits, and even introduced to members of the team around the office. Overall a great interview experience, disappointed I didn't receive an offer but it was good practice I suppose. I hope the person they selected works out for them.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to communicate with someone who did not want to participate.   Answer Question

Jan 3, 2017 – Executive Recruiter

We appreciate you taking the time to provide such detailed and valuable feedback. We wish you the best of luck as you continue your job search!

Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cherry Bekaert (Tampa, FL) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied through school after job fair. Was selected for the on campus interviews. Did a night before meet and greet at a local bar/restaurant. Interviewed with a partner and manager at the same time. Nothing too complicated. Then went to the in office interviews. Three 30 min interviews. Two partners and one manager. Some behavioral questions, mostly talking about my resume. Then out to lunch with some staff. I did not get an offer. My thought is it was because of my age and that I have children. I am much older than the other candidates. They have a very young staff and it felt sort of like a frat house culture. They were very professional but acted young. All of the firms activities seem to revolve around alcohol. Again, not inappropriate just not what I was looking for. They say they are looking for leadership experience, just not too much experience for an intern. If you're a young guy who likes beer, this is the firm for you.

Interview Questions

• How do feel about having a senior that is younger than you?   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cherry Bekaert (Raleigh, NC) in September 2016.

Interview

The process began with an on campus interview which was followed by an office visit. The office visit consisted of 3 interviews with managers and a partner in the department. Then lunch at which you have the opportunity to learn more about the firm and the fit. After lunch there was a quick wrap up session that allowed time for questions and any last minute things.

Interview Questions

Cherry Bekaert Response

Nov 3, 2016 – Executive Recruiter

Thanks for sharing your experience! We’re so pleased to hear that information regarding the firm’s culture, values, and job expectations were shared with you during the interviewing process so that ... More

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cherry Bekaert.

Interview

After my summer internship, I was offered a full time job one week after end of my internship, starting next year. The process for internship interview was very straightforward, I had one on campus interview, then was called up for an office visit. They were very flexible about which location I could go to, which was nice. The office visit consisted of an overnight stay - dinner, then breakfast next day, then 3 interviews (partner, senior manager, senior), then a lunch before leaving. I had a host the whole time that showed me where to go and answered general questions.

Interview Questions

• General discussion over strength, weakness, team player type questions   Answer Question

Oct 28, 2015 – Executive Recruiter

Thank you for the great feedback! We are so pleased that you had a positive internship and interviewing experience. We look forward to welcoming you to the Cherry Bekaert family!

Tax Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cherry Bekaert.

Interview

Basic - I guess it was typical - what's expected and can you do the job. Let you know overtime expected. Told that they have work life balance, good benefits. Explained about chargeable hours and their firm beliefs. Met people during recruiting, met people during interview.

Interview Questions

• Your are told up front that full time will be about 2400 instead of the typical 2080. Asked if that's ok   1 Answer

Oct 28, 2015 – Executive Recruiter

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback, we really appreciate it! We’re so pleased to hear that information regarding the firm’s job expectations, values, benefits, and hours were ... More

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cherry Bekaert (Richmond, VA) in May 2015.

Interview

Ugh. An agonizing hour of behavioral questions, most of which made me wonder "What does this have to do with anything?" I can't wait for this trend to end and interviews once again focus on the actual job.

I was so relieved when it ended that I found myself hoping they wouldn't contact me again. They didn't.

Interview Questions

• "Sometimes people ask us to do things at work and even when we follow all their directions they're unhappy with what we've done. Why do you think that is?"   2 Answers

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cherry Bekaert (Raleigh, NC) in January 2015.

Interview

Two interview rounds and a phone interview. General questions asked. Be prepared to explain how you can successfully aid in teamwork. Overall great experience. They are some common questions asked.

Interview Questions

• Explain when and how you motivated a team in an assignment   Answer Question

Negotiation

Reasonable