Chevron Phillips Chemical Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Chevron Phillips Chemical Interview Questions

Updated Mar 18, 2017

2.8

Co-op Operator Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Chevron Phillips Chemical in February 2017.

Interview

In the interview they asked alot of safety related scenario questions, what do I know about the company and why did I want to work there. I have heartfelt and sincere answers for all the questions, they said they felt like they were on the back porch talking to a friend, I prepared for this interview rigorously. I already knew what products the company made and how they made them, I already thought of every safety issue I had at previous jobs so I was ready for those questions.. Prepare, prepare and prepare... Answers should include safety and team work on every question if possible.

Interview Questions

• What do you do if 2 coworkers are having a conflict?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate because I have no experience just 2 degrees and this was for a Co op position until I graduate in may 2017

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Chevron Phillips Chemical in January 2017.

Interview

Talked to a recruiter at a career fair, and received a call more than two months later requesting a phone interview. Offer was extended a couple days after the phone interview.

Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Columbia, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Chevron Phillips Chemical (West Columbia, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

Pretty straight forward online application, then selected for testing. The test is really easy if you are in any Ptech program. Then if you pass the initial test, you are selected to take the Cobra simulation test. Once you pass this, they will narrow their results and select you for an interview!

The interview I would have to say has been one of the best experiences thus far and I have interviewed with other companies in the same industry. Very positive and easy going as far as the style and Types of questions they ask. Be truthful and be yourself! Do some research before you go. I happened to have had lots of research done before interview because they have been my number one pick from the get go.

Interview Questions

• How would you respond if you saw someone doing unsafe?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Chevron Phillips Chemical in October 2016.

Interview

Brief 30 minute in-person interview and a followup phone interview. The in-person interview was very behavior based and there were a lot of questions about how I handle situations at work. Be thinking beforehand about times when you've struggled professionally and how you have overcome professional challenges. Also make sure you have basic knowledge of the company's history and what Chevron Phillips Chemical does.

Interview Questions

• Basic behavioral interview questions like "give me an example of a time when you..."

The phone interview was mainly just asking me about my experience and going over my resume
      1 Answer

Grad Program Interview

Interview

One of the best interview experiences I've ever had. Interviewer was very respectful, kind, and understanding. Reflects very well on the company as a whole and shows a culture that any engineer would be proud to be apart of. This is something Chevron Phillips should be extremely proud of.

Process Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Borger, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Chevron Phillips Chemical (Borger, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

From application to interview was almost 2 months. The process is long. The interview was very relaxed and not intimidating. There were 6 interviewers that took turns asking questions. Lasted about 30 minutes. They were all very friendly and gave me a few seconds to collect my thoughts before answering questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation that you witnessed someone acting unsafe and what you did it address it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

N/a

Chemical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Chevron Phillips Chemical (College Station, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

Generally went well. Guy was very laid back about the entire process. Several interviewers were interviewing other students in the same building. There was one extra person directing students to room who was up for chatting. Questions were not too hard, and the atmosphere was relaxed, but it was easy to see that they deal with hiring qualified individuals. I got a response within two weeks saying that they were pursuing other candidates.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe the color yellow to a blind person?   Answer Question
    • Imagine you had unit. More was flowing into the system than flowing out of it. What would you do?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ames, IA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Chevron Phillips Chemical (Ames, IA).

Interview

there were two interviews, one interview was one on one interview on campus, the other was also one on one but over the phone. I also had to do a drug screening and background test.

Lab Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sweeny, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Chevron Phillips Chemical (Sweeny, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

It was an interview with 2 HR reps, a several lab supervisors, and I believe an executive. They all asked general past experience questions. I was not expecting a panel interview and was very nervous. I feel they could've let me know what to expect, but I guess fair is "just a place we take the kids in the fall." They were all nice, but I felt like none of them wanted to be there.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chevron Phillips Chemical (Houston, TX).

Interview

Interview experience was better than I imagined. They asked a standard set of questions. Took about an hour. They were looking for 4 Admins so had someone from each department plus HR personnel conduct the interview.

Interview Questions

• At the end of the interview they asked me if I wanted to provide any additional information about myself and why I thought I would be good for this position.   Answer Question