Chevron Phillips Chemical Interview Questions

Updated Apr 24, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 94 of over 94 interviews

2.8
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Chevron Phillips Chemical

Chevron Phillips Chemical

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chevron Phillips Chemical in Mar 2021

Interview

*Basic Introduction around the room. *Behavioral based questions. *Given a P&ID of a pump, tell how you would LOTOTO. *Given a picture of a distillation column and related parts, describe what is going on.

Interview Questions
  • What kinds of valves have I worked with? What valve is meant for throttling?
    1 Answer

Chevron Phillips Chemical

Application

I interviewed at Chevron Phillips Chemical

Interview

(Pre-COVID Era) Four person interview panel reading a series of questions. Most are behavioral relating to safety and environmental. The hiring manager will follow up post-interview and let you know if you are the successful candidate or not.

Interview Questions
  • Tell us a time where you used problem solving to improve a situation.

Chevron Phillips Chemical

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chevron Phillips Chemical

Interview

I had a short 5 minute interview at a school career fair and applied online after. I got an interview, so we set up a time to meet virtually. We had a brief ~20 minute interview through Microsoft Teams.

Interview Questions
  • They mostly asked behavioral questions, like: Describe a time you had to resolve a conflict. When have you experienced a problem you had to overcome?

Chevron Phillips Chemical

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chevron Phillips Chemical

Interview

It was great learning process, with basic competency questions. Good communications with staff via email throughout the entire process. Th feedback received from the company was thorough and very much appreciated. I found the communication style good and easy.

Interview Questions
  • What are your aspirations in life?

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Chevron Phillips Chemical (Houston, TX) in Dec 2020

Interview

Everything was done via Microsoft Teams, which is appreciated in these times of social distancing. Took two interviews to complete, one with an immediate supervisor and the other with their supervisor included.

Interview Questions
  • What is a situation you've faced at a previous job was a challenge?

Chevron Phillips Chemical

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chevron Phillips Chemical in Nov 2020

Interview

1st round: phone interviews with HR and the hiring manager; 2nd round: a virtual interview with the hiring manager and the manager; 3rd round: a virtual interview with a research presentation and discussion with both the manager and CEO group and the hiring group

Interview Questions
  • previous experience; relations of previous experience to their production requirements;

Chevron Phillips Chemical

Application

I interviewed at Chevron Phillips Chemical

Interview

Interviewed on-campus, then interviewed online with a panel of 3 engineers. After the second interview, I was told that HR would get back in two weeks on their final decision

Interview Questions
  • Tell me a time when you experienced Failure? How did you learn from it?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Port Arthur, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Chevron Phillips Chemical (Port Arthur, TX) in Oct 2020

Interview

First, through my school's career fair. The first interviewer was very nice and easy to talk to. It lasted about 20 minutes. She asked about my resume, but nothing "interview-like questions" at first. Just wanted to get to know me. Later that that night I received a follow up call for an interview the following day. That one was scheduled through Microsoft teams. There were two other people from different locations.

Interview Questions
  • lasted about 45 minutes. They asked about teamwork teamwork-like questions (In a situation i had to take control and find a solution) and a time i was in a position that lead me to make something more efficient than it originally was. There was a total of 4 or 5 questions, not many technical, more about the type of person you are and what you can bring to the company.
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in The Woodlands, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Chevron Phillips Chemical (The Woodlands, TX) in Oct 2020

Interview

Pretty behavioral based. Some technIcal accounting questions. Process only took about a month from first interview to offer. Compensation was not as competitive as other oil and gas companies. Benefits were great.

Interview Questions
  • What do you expect to see on Chevron Phillips balance sheet?

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chevron Phillips Chemical (Houston, TX) in Oct 2020

Interview

Easy process. Completed a phone interview with Human Resources, then the following week a video interview with four different individuals from different finance positions. Was offered a job the day after the interview.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a challenging position and project at your previous place of work
Viewing 1 - 10 of 94 Interviews