Chevron Phillips Chemical Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 17, 2017

2.8

Entry Level Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in The Woodlands, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Chevron Phillips Chemical (The Woodlands, TX).

Interview

Recruitment is a process.

I applied through my university career site after meeting with a group of representatives at a career fair on campus. I was selected for an on-campus interview where I visisted separately with two managers a few days after the career fair.

About three weeks after on-campus interviews I was notified I was selected for an office interview. It consisted of lunch with two employees and then four rounds of interviews with different group managers which lasted approximately 30-45 minutes each.

Two weeks after the office interviews I was notified that I was not selected for the position.

Overall the experience was a great one. Everyone I interviewed with was pleasant and I feel this interview process helped prep me extensively for other interviews I have had since then.

Interview Questions

• On campus: Questions were basic conversational style. "Walk me through your resume' and "Tell me about yourself'.

Office: Behavioral type questions. "Tell me about a time you..." and "Give me an example of when..."   1 Answer

Facilities Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lubbock, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Chevron Phillips Chemical (Lubbock, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied at university with recruiter. Received interview offer shortly after. Interviewed with two company reps. Most Interview questions were behavioral based except for my willingness to work in Houston and specific questions about my precious experience. Reviewed response within a week

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your experience at your summer internship (gas plant)   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Chevron Phillips Chemical (Houston, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

Got the interview from a career fair, they called me the day after it ended for an interview the next day. It was about a 30-45 minute 1 on 1 interview and it was all behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me about a time where you had a hiccup in a plan, and and had to accommodate for it. What was the situation, what did you do and why, and how did it work out.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Chevron Phillips Chemical (Champaign, IL) in September 2017.

Interview

Met the recruiter at a career fair, called me that night to schedule an interview the next day. Was 30 minutes with an engineer analyst from the plant I'd be working at. Behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you deviated from established practices to create something better?   Answer Question

Entry Level Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Chevron Phillips Chemical in September 2017.

Interview

I got the interview through my local school career fair. The first interview was a typical behavior style and a run me through your resume. Got an email two months later that they were pursing other individuals.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a goal you reached and tell me how you achieved it.   Answer Question

Co-op Operator Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Chevron Phillips Chemical in February 2017.

Interview

In the interview they asked alot of safety related scenario questions, what do I know about the company and why did I want to work there. I have heartfelt and sincere answers for all the questions, they said they felt like they were on the back porch talking to a friend, I prepared for this interview rigorously. I already knew what products the company made and how they made them, I already thought of every safety issue I had at previous jobs so I was ready for those questions.. Prepare, prepare and prepare... Answers should include safety and team work on every question if possible.

Interview Questions

• What do you do if 2 coworkers are having a conflict?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate because I have no experience just 2 degrees and this was for a Co op position until I graduate in may 2017

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Chevron Phillips Chemical in January 2017.

Interview

Talked to a recruiter at a career fair, and received a call more than two months later requesting a phone interview. Offer was extended a couple days after the phone interview.

Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Columbia, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Chevron Phillips Chemical (West Columbia, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

Pretty straight forward online application, then selected for testing. The test is really easy if you are in any Ptech program. Then if you pass the initial test, you are selected to take the Cobra simulation test. Once you pass this, they will narrow their results and select you for an interview!

The interview I would have to say has been one of the best experiences thus far and I have interviewed with other companies in the same industry. Very positive and easy going as far as the style and Types of questions they ask. Be truthful and be yourself! Do some research before you go. I happened to have had lots of research done before interview because they have been my number one pick from the get go.

Interview Questions

• How would you respond if you saw someone doing unsafe?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Chevron Phillips Chemical in October 2016.

Interview

Brief 30 minute in-person interview and a followup phone interview. The in-person interview was very behavior based and there were a lot of questions about how I handle situations at work. Be thinking beforehand about times when you've struggled professionally and how you have overcome professional challenges. Also make sure you have basic knowledge of the company's history and what Chevron Phillips Chemical does.

Interview Questions

• Basic behavioral interview questions like "give me an example of a time when you..."

The phone interview was mainly just asking me about my experience and going over my resume   1 Answer

Grad Program Interview

Interview

One of the best interview experiences I've ever had. Interviewer was very respectful, kind, and understanding. Reflects very well on the company as a whole and shows a culture that any engineer would be proud to be apart of. This is something Chevron Phillips should be extremely proud of.