Children's Wisconsin Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Children's Wisconsin

2.6

Supply Chain Distribution Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Children's Wisconsin (Milwaukee, WI) in March 2020.

Interview

Very easy and personable. Easy communication and consistent contact even during the corona outbreak. They made sure all of your shots are updated and while doing that, allowed for shadowing.

Interview Questions

• The questions were standard questions. Mainly asking why you want to be at children's and why you think you will fit the role.   1 Answer

Medical Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Neenah, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Children's Wisconsin (Neenah, WI) in September 2018.

Interview

I was initially contacted by a recruiter over the phone and set up a phone interview with her, had that it went great. I was told my info would be set over and would then set up an in person interview on-site with a manager. A week went by and I had to contact them, received a email back to schedule an interview. Had it a week later, went really well, there was the manager and one employee who worked as a Medical Assistant as well. At the end I was VERY optimistic about the position after leaving. A week went by and I contacted to follow up, heard nothing for a week, then got the reply of we are still in the interview phase and will let you know as soon as we hear any feedback. Another week went by...and another week! It's been almost 3 months and I have still not heard ANYTHING back at all, I emailed once again and heard nothing.. Very disappointing as I was so interested in this position and let other jobs go because of it..

Interview Questions

• What made you apply for this position, What have you done to go above and beyond for a patient.   Answer Question

Care Partner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wauwatosa, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at Children's Wisconsin (Wauwatosa, WI) in August 2018.

Interview

Long and drawn out. Took me basically 6 months to get a job, was interviewed for a job I couldn't have at first, but eventually ended up getting in. Overall, it was worth it but you need to have experience or know people to get in here is the gist I got from the whole experience. I truly wish those applying better luck than I had because it was a very heart breaking process. Extremely happy to work here now though - I love it.

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Children's Wisconsin (Milwaukee, WI) in April 2018.

Interview

Initial phone interview with HR, followed by a shadowing experience and a panel interview with managers and supervisors. The shadow experience was helpful in gaining an understanding of the day-to-day requirements of the position.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you encountered a difficult patient. What professional accomplishment are you most proud of.   Answer Question

Intern Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Children's Wisconsin (Milwaukee, WI) in October 2017.

Interview

First, there was a phone interview. After I was selected to continue, I was required to do one in-person interview with the supervisor for the role and the recruiter.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you spoke up even if you were uncomfortable.   Answer Question

Scheduling Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Children's Wisconsin (Milwaukee, WI) in September 2017.

Interview

Phone conversation & then in person interview. Interviewed with two employees in management and one that was in the role I'd be working. Comfortable and casual atmosphere. They then had me sit with a scheduler to see just how the job was done.

Youth Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Children's Wisconsin (Milwaukee, WI) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview process is smooth and attentive. The company itself spends a lot of money onboarding its employees and genuinely cares about the success of its programs. The interview process reflects that.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a superior asked you to do something that went against your own person moral code?   Answer Question

Clinical Nutrition Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Children's Wisconsin (Milwaukee, WI) in May 2017.

Interview

The process took 6+ weeks. I was initially contacted by a recruiter. I had 7 interviews with 11 people in total. 2 days of in-person interviewing and 2 days of Skype interviews. The interview process was lengthy and somewhat confusing. It seemed every individual I met with had a separate agenda and it was as if there was little communication going on behind the scenes between the multiple departments. This, of course, made interviewing quite difficult as I found myself repeating often or leaving something out; like a question, concern, observation, etc. The company very much expects those who interview to be more "in the know" about their facility. This is advantageous for a Wisconsin-raised or internal candidate but not so much for external candidates. Overall the atmosphere and culture of the company seemed respectable, dedicated, and lively which was very refreshing. Everyone is very knowledgeable and truly passionate about patient/pediatric care. Throughout the interview process I was frequently told "you're their top candidate" however a day after relaying my salary request to my recruiter I was told they had offered the position to another candidate and she had accepted. It felt a bit odd as one person I interviewed with relayed "all of our RD's are grossly underpaid." I did not receive a formal letter/response from Children's.

Interview Questions

• How would you manage a team of individuals that are sincerely considered experts in their field?   1 Answer

Outreach Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Children's Wisconsin (Milwaukee, WI) in February 2017.

Interview

I am a current employee who applied for another position within the CHW system. I heard from HR about a month after I had applied for the position, set up a 30 minute phone interview with HR where he explained the usual, job, potential compensation etc, then set up a time for me to meet with the department manager a week later. I met with the manager and a supervisor, they were very nice and welcoming and seemed to be interested in hiring me. At the end of the interview I had asked when I could expect to hear a response and they told me that HR would contact me by the following week. The next day I sent the manager a thank you note and let her know that I was still very interested in the position. One week went by without a response. I brushed it off as perhaps something came up or they got busy. The beginning of the second week I sent an email to HR to follow up with the interview and offered to provide information if needed. No response. I contacted HR again one week later (this is 3 weeks now) NO RESPONSE! Again, I waited another week, still giving the benefit of the doubt. Again, NO response!!! Nothing!! It has been a month and a half since I interviewed and didn't even get the reject email for closure. The HR department here seems to lack in the communication department of potential employees and internal transfers. It really sucks not to hear back, even a decline letter would have been nice. At least then I would know for sure.

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Children's Wisconsin (Milwaukee, WI) in November 2016.

Interview

Very simple, I was an internal candidate, so the interview process was a quick phone call with HR to identify my goals as a nurse and where I would like to be, followed by a standard interview with the unit manager and shadowing opportunity on the unit I was interviewing for.