Chimera Securities Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Chimera Securities Interview Questions

Updated Jun 28, 2017

2.6

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Chimera Securities (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

One phone screen with HR, two phone interviews each with a trader, final round at NY office with a partner and head trader. They're looking for a quantitative/short-term approach to trading.

Equity Trader Interview

Interview

I applied, and was contacted by HR a couple weeks later. Phone screening followed by two in house interviews. The employees who interviewed me were very professional and it seemed like a good atmosphere.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Chimera Securities (New York, NY).

Interview

Phone call with HR, after that you interview with one of the traders on the floor. Following that you are interviewed with the head floor trader and partner. Everything is very laid back just be yourself.

Equity Trader Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Chimera Securities (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

Very relaxed. Never made me feel uncomfortable. My first round was a phone interview with HR. Second interview was face to face with a trader. Final interview was with a head trader and partner of the firm. Most of the stuff asked was personality based to see if you are a good fit with the company. There are a couple tricky brain teaser questions. These are challenging so do your best to stay composed and work through them.

Interview Questions

• What do you think makes a good trader?
      What separates good traders from unsuccessful ones?
      Answer Question

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Chimera Securities (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

Saw posting on LinkedIn, and applied using their website portal. Got an email back the next day asking to set up a phone screen. Had the phone screen with the HR person, and heard back from her a few days later to come in for an on-site interview. Met with one of the Managing Directors & the head of Automated Trading. We discussed my background, and how it would apply to Chimera, and I asked about the environment there.

Trader Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chimera Securities (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online and received a call from HR just for general information and interests. After that, there were 2 separate face to face interviews. One with a junior trader with general trading questions and second with the head trader with brain teaser questions. I think it is useful to ask questions about trading so it seems like you have more interest/and or experience with trading already.

Interview Questions

• What do you think are key characteristics that a good trader has   Answer Question

Trader Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chimera Securities.

Interview

Three rounds, Phone interview, Two in person. Guys were nice office was clean. Lots of good traders in the office from IVY leaguers to market wizards.

Traders knew what they were talking about and so did the tech guys. This firm is regarded as one of the better prop spots on Wall street.

Interview Questions

• Asked not to specify, Be good at mental math and brain teasers   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Chimera Securities (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

The HR did not take my case seriously. They scheduled for a phone interview with me, but they did not call. I sent them an email, and they did apologize to the call. We scheduled an other interview one week later. The whole process took less than 15 minutes, simple questions. No math questions, no brain tearing. My suggestion is to prepare some good questions to ask them, and show your passion and thankful to the job and their time to interviewing you. I was upset about their second late call. Anyway, the HR lady sound sweet, and I had no reasons to complain such a sweet voice. Good Luck, and I do not recommend anybody to work there if you already have the long trading experiences and a profitable trading strategy but never work for any company.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chimera Securities (New York, NY).

Interview

took about 3 months from March to June(I applied early)

4 rounds

2 phone screenings with HR a lot of behavioral questions

1 in person with successful Head Trader (mostly technical)
    final round with Partners of firm (all technical)

Interview Questions

• why do traders fail?
      what makes you stand out from the other 1000+ applicants
      name the market caps of as many banks as you can
      why can you survive in this business working 11+ hour days
      whats the riskiest thing you've done
      describe short and long term outlook of global markets
      name the price of oil gold silver and S&P 500
      why has the euro so far off its highs against the dollar
      walk me through an income stmt, BS, cash flow stmt....

4 very hard probability questions at the end... they will give you hints it will take you a few minutes to answer correctly...(if you're lucky).. I think they just want to see how you work through problems don't panic
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Chimera Securities (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

First interview was with a junior trader. Second interview was with a head trader and the director of the training program. Interview process was easy and straightforward. The second interview consisted of a couple of brain teaser questions, but none that were too difficult.