Christopher & Banks Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 6, 2017

2.2

ECommerce Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plymouth, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Christopher & Banks (Plymouth, MN).

Interview

Phone interview with HR, then in person interview with 7 people (!?) at HQ. The in person interview was so thorough, I even received an HR package covering benefits and PTO. It felt like my first day. I thought the interviews went well, pretty standard questions, everyone was friendly. I really expected to get an offer if not a call back for a followup. I was shocked to get a "do not reply" email within a day or so saying that they went with someone else. That was almost 2 months ago and they still haven't filled the position. So weird. I was really bummed at first but it's probably for the better.

Interview Questions

• standard explanation of what they do, then discuss your background. very basic.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Wayne, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Christopher & Banks (Fort Wayne, IN).

Interview

At that time, I knew the store manager. She recruited me. The store twas a good place to find fashionable and wearable, sturdy, well made clothing. It was a delightful place, and the other sales people were professional people who enjoyed working with other women. The interviewer stressed congeniality, teamwork, personal assistance and camaraderie. They were a great team and desired to remain so.

Interview Questions

• Pertinent ID information, and if I could work daytimes. Questions on general sales ability.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I knew I was entering a different industry, and did not expect to be immediately at management salary. I stressed my sales expertise, my ability to offer color, fit and maintenance expertise. The manager appologized that she could pay only a basic wage. I started at $9.00 hr because of my past experience, and that was considerably more than others were paid.

District Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Christopher & Banks.

Interview

Phone interview, if it goes well they fly you to corp. for a panel interview. You fly in, rent a car and drive to corp. Once there, you will meet with VP's, HR and the Regional. After interview is completed you drive back to the airport and fly home. No overnight stay. I was offered the position within 48 hours.

Interview Questions

• Why was I looking to leave my current employer   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ames, IA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Christopher & Banks (Ames, IA) in September 2015.

Interview

Applied online and 3 days later received a call for face to face interview. Store manager was rude and pointed out that I had no experience applying for management... even though I was a store manager in my previous position and was demoting myself in pay/position for this job. She criticized my education... excuse me for having a bachelor's degree and can't find a flipping job in my field. If I was such a waste of YOUR time why the hell did YOU call me in for an interview in the first place?!?

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Christopher & Banks (Chattanooga, TN) in August 2015.

Interview

Called ahead with my resume and met the hiring manager around 2 in the afternoon while she was working the floor. She asked me basic questions such as past employment and where I attended high school. She was also interested in knowing where I attended college and whether or not school would conflict with my working hours if I was hired. I assured her that the hours would fit perfectly with my schedule. She then shook my hand and asked me when I could begin working.

Interview Questions

• Where you a good student in high school?   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Christopher & Banks in July 2015.

Interview

Interviewed with DM in person heard back same day
    2nd Interview with corporate recruiter -phone she didn't really interact. Just typed the answers to questions.
    3rd Interview with RM -phone
    Call back from DM and offered position. Salary was low
    Negotiated and was offered what I asked for initially.

Interview Questions

• Lots of situational questions...tell me about a time....   Answer Question

Key Holder Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Christopher & Banks.

Interview

Very easy interview . Generic questions. Nothing unexpected .
    How did you find we are hiring ?
    Why you choose our company ?
    Describe you bad customer service experience ? How you solved this problem .
    How you can drive business to your store ?

Negotiation

Was no negotiation . Take it or leave .

FT Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Christopher & Banks.

Interview

Applied via website, got called the following week to set up an interview the next day with Store manager. Lots of questions about work history and different scenarios. Said that the DM would call and do a phone interview. DM offered me position that night.

Interview Questions

• When have I had a situation where I had to build a team up to meet goals.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, was offered higher wage than I was going to ask for so I accepted.

Key Holder Interview

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Christopher & Banks.

Interview

Needed 3 recommendations, questioned my references as if they were applying for a job. When I went in for interview is was comfortable and with only one person, the district manager. She was nice and uplifting. gave me false hope on available positions. She stated a position was available that was not.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

What negotiation? They offered a pay rate.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Christopher & Banks (New York, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

Met with DM, had a great interview, and then did a phone interview with RM. the job came down to 2 people and unfortunately I was the one with the least experience.

Interview Questions

• How would you increase sales, motivate sales associates   1 Answer