Chula Vista Resort Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Chula Vista Resort

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Chula Vista Resort

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Chula Vista Resort.

Interview

Regular process of two interviews.

Negotiation

Good and easy but not the desired outcome.

Banquet Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wisconsin Dells, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chula Vista Resort (Wisconsin Dells, WI) in May 2015.

Interview

applied about a week before i got called in for an interview, at the resort. It was really casual because a friend of mine worked there and they were really in need of people. Pretty much just ask you if you think you'll be able to do the work listed, if you've had any experience serving.

Interview Questions

Food and Beverage Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wisconsin Dells, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Chula Vista Resort (Wisconsin Dells, WI) in March 2008.

Interview

interview process was fine.

Negotiation

no negotiation was available as it is a resort that hires seasonally. I was hired off season, so I was told I could only make 8.50 an hour. They did say it could be possible to get a raise, but that never happened either.

Sales/Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Chula Vista Resort in February 2012.

Interview

Initial communications from the company were timely and appropriate. The day after I submitted my resume and cover letter- per the Craigslist ad- I received follow up from the department manager. The interview process was nonexistant. I believed I was coming in for an initial interview, but was given a brief description of three similar positions and asked to choose one. Apparently I chose correctly (although that wasn't hard because the descriptions were very biased). I was then handed a stack of paper work to fill out. I was told that I would report back in one week, unless otherwise instructed. (They wouldn't need me if my background check did not come back clean.) I did as they asked, and when I returned for what I believed to be a secondary interview, I was directed to HR to fill out my "New Hire" paper work.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to choose between three positions that seemed similar, only because I was offered little to no information. Essentially I was asked, "would you rather work crazy hours for little money or consistent and fewer hours and still earn more?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no option to negotiate. All staff members in the department receive minimum wage as their base pay, and work independently to earn bonuses and commissions. I would advise any new hire to ask for clarification of the bonus and commissions tiers. I was not informed that they changed with the seasons.