Chungdahm Learning Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Chungdahm Learning Interview Questions

Updated Jun 13, 2017

2.2

English Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chungdahm Learning in May 2017.

Interview

I received an email from my recruiter less than a week after applying. We set up an interview on the phone later that week. During the interview, we discussed basic open ended questions and conducted a mock teaching, where would teach a subject based on a lesson plan I prepared beforehand.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chungdahm Learning.

Interview

The Interview process was a bit extensive compared to other Hagwons. First a english test was given with a questionnaire. Attached with the test was a one-minute introduction interview followed by a phone interview with a mock teaching situation.

Interview Questions

• What made you choose Korea versus other countries to teach English?   Answer Question

ESL Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Chungdahm Learning (New York, NY).

Interview

It took me two days for the interviews and test. They had a listening test, grammar test, writing test and speaking test. You had to pass all of those test to be considered to the next phase of the hiring process which consist of interviews in different accounts.

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell me something about your self.   1 Answer

English Instructor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Chungdahm Learning.

Interview

Eight years ago, it was apply through an email to their recruiting company, Aclipse. They email and contact you via phone. You had to complete an essay and a questionnaire. Today, they add a video testimonial. They also test your grammar, English and "teachability" when you land in S.K. and do your week long, unpaid, teacher training program in Seoul.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle problematic students?
      How do you deal with multiracial environments?   Answer Question

ESL Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chungdahm Learning.

Interview

It's been a while so I'm a little bit fuzzy on the details. I believe there was an on-line application and, if you were deemed an acceptable candidate, you moved on to the 2nd round. The 2nd round is a phone interview that lasts roughly 30-45 minutes. If you do well, you are given an offer that is conditional. You must pass a one-week training session in Seoul in order to gain employment.

Interview Questions

• Describe the difference between a stare and a glare to an intermediate English language learner.   Answer Question

Native English Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Chungdahm Learning (Atlanta, GA) in August 2015.

Interview

Took 1 or 2 weeks to hear back from Aclipse which is the company that works with CDI in USA. The recruiters are friendly and tries to help you succeed. There is a mock teaching that you have to prepare for, for the second interview.

Interview Questions

• What is a struggle you faced in one of your harder classes in Univ. and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

English Instructor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Chungdahm Learning.

Interview

I was referred by a friend and a recruiter contracted me. I went through a phone screening first; they asked about my accomplishments during college and any work and/or work experience. Later, they asked situational and behavioral questions. After I passed the phone interview process, I went through a training process in S. Korea to determine if I am suitable for the job.

Interview Questions

• They asked questions on how I would teach a class. For example, how would you explain a difficult word to a student?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chungdahm Learning in February 2015.

Interview

Interview process occurred over the phone through the recruiter. Involved some straight forward questions and an RP scenario that you are able to prepare for in advance. Overall, pretty painless and simple as they give you all the materials you need to prepare ahead of time.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult class/challenge you faced in university/academically?   1 Answer

ESL Instructor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chungdahm Learning.

Interview

I was contacted by an upper recruitment manager and had an initial screening for grammar capabilities via phone. After approval, I had a skype interview with one of the head instructor at my branch of interest. After signing my contract, I was contacted again by main branch for another intervuew because I did not go through the normal hiring process of applying through Aclipse. It was a bit confusing but they said not to worry. All in all it was a smooth process.

Interview Questions

• What kind of conflicts have you had in the workplace and what had you done to solve them?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation here.

English Instructor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chungdahm Learning.

Interview

I went though their US recruiter (Aclipse). First, I applied through their website and received a call within 10 days to set up a phone interview.

Interview Questions

• What would you say to a student who doesn't understand the meaning of a word?   1 Answer