Churchill Downs Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Churchill Downs Interview Questions

Interviews at Churchill Downs

2.5

Event Coordinator Interview

Interview

One phone interview with the entire Events team on a conference call. Received an email saying I had gotten the position, start within 2 weeks. I was introduced the everyone on the Events team. It was nice to have everyone included in the decision making process. It showed how important the role was to the rest of the team.

Interview Questions

• Why are you applying to this job far from home?   1 Answer

HR Generalist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Churchill Downs.

Interview

The process was good and I was asked all relevant questions pertaining to the job that I was applying for. The person I spoke with was very kind and easy to talk to.

HR Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Churchill Downs in July 2018.

Interview

Took a long time between interviews. Interview was 2.5hrs. Took a long time to hear from anyone whether I got the job or not. Everyone I interviewed with had a different take on the position.

Event Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Churchill Downs (Louisville, KY) in January 2018.

Interview

First interview was a phone interview with two of the current event managers. They asked pretty basic interview questions and a couple situational questions.

The second interview I was asked to come into the office. I sat with the whole event management team and then one on one with the Hospitality Director. There were less questions during this interview than the first and more discussing the position in greater detail. I was told that they would let me know their decision either way in the upcoming week. I never heard from them again even after following up with an email and call. I was completely surprised by how unprofessional the whole experience was. I also found it rather odd that the Director told me that the only way to grow in this company was if someone left so professional growth should not be a reason for accepting a job there.

I should also mention that this position only makes $40,000.00 a year.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked in a luxury sweet with high end clients?   Answer Question

Accounts Payable Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Churchill Downs (Louisville, KY) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied through staffing agency. Took about a week before a one to one. I actually enjoyed this interview, which doesn't happen often. Very nice interview with laid-back air that had a good back and forth between interviewer and interviewee. Able to ask lots of questions and got very good answers. The job as well as duties were explained very well.

Event Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Churchill Downs (Louisville, KY) in February 2017.

Interview

Phone interview, then in-person with panel and individual with guest services director. Questions were standard, the most intimidating part was all of the people. They want you to do well and are kind and supportive to work for.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vicksburg, MS

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Churchill Downs (Vicksburg, MS) in December 2016.

Interview

It was a really cool and brief process. The management was always very helpful and they are unbiased and friendly. They just wanted me to describe myself and my availability.

Intern Interview

Interview

process took a week. Submit an application online, got called in 2-3 days, had phone-interview, and in-person interview with all full-time staff within a department.

Interview was very straightforward and laid back. Just found that they have already decided to hire me when they had me for an in-person interview. That was just to make sure if a person will fit into the culture.

Interview Questions

• How do you distinguish yourself from other candidates?   2 Answers

Gaming Operation Shift Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vicksburg, MS

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Churchill Downs (Vicksburg, MS) in September 2016.

Interview

fast process overall, My reputation preceded me and got me in very fat.
    I knew the company and was very welcome throughout the whole process.
    I know that often the process is longer, patience is the key.

Vice President Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westwego, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Churchill Downs (Westwego, LA) in March 2016.

Interview

You go before a very biased manager who asks the same as any other would. You are judged by appearance and how fast paced you work. You sit out in the VP Poker area with a lot of smokers.

Interview Questions

• Would your former employers hire you back?   1 Answer