Churchill Downs Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 10, 2017

2.3

Accounts Payable Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Churchill Downs (Louisville, KY) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied through staffing agency. Took about a week before a one to one. I actually enjoyed this interview, which doesn't happen often. Very nice interview with laid-back air that had a good back and forth between interviewer and interviewee. Able to ask lots of questions and got very good answers. The job as well as duties were explained very well.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vicksburg, MS

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Churchill Downs (Vicksburg, MS) in December 2016.

Interview

It was a really cool and brief process. The management was always very helpful and they are unbiased and friendly. They just wanted me to describe myself and my availability.

Intern Interview

Interview

process took a week. Submit an application online, got called in 2-3 days, had phone-interview, and in-person interview with all full-time staff within a department.

Interview was very straightforward and laid back. Just found that they have already decided to hire me when they had me for an in-person interview. That was just to make sure if a person will fit into the culture.

Gaming Operation Shift Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vicksburg, MS

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Churchill Downs (Vicksburg, MS) in September 2016.

Interview

fast process overall, My reputation preceded me and got me in very fat.
    I knew the company and was very welcome throughout the whole process.
    I know that often the process is longer, patience is the key.

Vice President Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westwego, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Churchill Downs (Westwego, LA) in March 2016.

Interview

You go before a very biased manager who asks the same as any other would. You are judged by appearance and how fast paced you work. You sit out in the VP Poker area with a lot of smokers.

Interview Questions

• Would your former employers hire you back?   1 Answer

Premium Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Churchill Downs.

Interview

The process took some time and no follow up for awhile. I had trouble reaching someone in the office in phone to try to follow up. I did appreciate the scheduled back to back meeting and little waiting time between meetings.

Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Churchill Downs.

Interview

The interview process is extreme overkill, get ready to talk to about a dozen people. Learn about what the Kentucky Oaks is and the overall political landscape related to horse racing. Churchill Downs is not viewed in a positive light by many horse racing entities and stake holders, it is important to realize this going in. A large percentage of employees at Churchill Downs are female, so be ready to have a lot of female interviewers.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Minimal negotiation on salary, don't expect to get paid much.

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Churchill Downs in August 2014.

Interview

Process was great. Reached out to a recruiter at CLICK IT Staffing and through their relationship with CDI, secured me an interview. Just a few days after the interview, which was organized and well conducted, I received an offer. The interview was conducted in three steps in the same session. Each step was conducted by a different team member; The first was done by the supervisor for the position, the second by the department VP, and the third by a peer from another team.

Interview Questions

• What do you see yourself doing or having done five years from now.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Easy. I got exactly what I asked for.

Tote Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Churchill Downs (Louisville, KY) in April 2014.

Interview

it was very simple and there where no questions you just had to do an application and just make sure you can do math and can count money if you can do that then this job will be a breeze.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Churchill Downs (Louisville, KY) in March 2014.

Interview

Simple, straight-forward. He asked me questions I answered them. He was a little stern and a bit intimidating, but it wasn't bad.

I didn't have a hard time in the interview, but I could see how someone would possibly have a hard time. I just smiled a lot and tried not to look nervous.