Churchill Downs Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Churchill Downs Interview Questions

Updated Feb 3, 2017

2.7

Intern Interview

Interview

process took a week. Submit an application online, got called in 2-3 days, had phone-interview, and in-person interview with all full-time staff within a department.

Interview was very straightforward and laid back. Just found that they have already decided to hire me when they had me for an in-person interview. That was just to make sure if a person will fit into the culture.

Interview Questions

• How do you distinguish yourself from other candidates?   Answer Question

Vice President Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westwego, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Churchill Downs (Westwego, LA) in March 2016.

Interview

You go before a very biased manager who asks the same as any other would. You are judged by appearance and how fast paced you work. You sit out in the VP Poker area with a lot of smokers.

Interview Questions

• Would your former employers hire you back?   1 Answer

Premium Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Churchill Downs.

Interview

The process took some time and no follow up for awhile. I had trouble reaching someone in the office in phone to try to follow up. I did appreciate the scheduled back to back meeting and little waiting time between meetings.

Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Churchill Downs.

Interview

The interview process is extreme overkill, get ready to talk to about a dozen people. Learn about what the Kentucky Oaks is and the overall political landscape related to horse racing. Churchill Downs is not viewed in a positive light by many horse racing entities and stake holders, it is important to realize this going in. A large percentage of employees at Churchill Downs are female, so be ready to have a lot of female interviewers.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Minimal negotiation on salary, don't expect to get paid much.

Front End Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Churchill Downs in August 2014.

Interview

Process was great. Reached out to a recruiter at CLICK IT Staffing and through their relationship with CDI, secured me an interview. Just a few days after the interview, which was organized and well conducted, I received an offer. The interview was conducted in three steps in the same session. Each step was conducted by a different team member; The first was done by the supervisor for the position, the second by the department VP, and the third by a peer from another team.

Interview Questions

• What do you see yourself doing or having done five years from now.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Easy. I got exactly what I asked for.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Churchill Downs (Louisville, KY) in March 2014.

Interview

Simple, straight-forward. He asked me questions I answered them. He was a little stern and a bit intimidating, but it wasn't bad.

I didn't have a hard time in the interview, but I could see how someone would possibly have a hard time. I just smiled a lot and tried not to look nervous.

Seasonal Event Fulfillment Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Churchill Downs (Louisville, KY) in February 2014.

Interview

I received an email from Erin Taylor, Suites & Corporate Hospitality Fulfillment Manager, asking to set up a phone interview, which never happened. I responded and then sent a second follow up email though never received a phone call. It is disappointing to lose an opportunity before having the chance to show you are the best candidate for the position.

Security Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Churchill Downs (New Orleans, LA) in October 2011.

Interview

The interview was great. Virgil asked me several questions pertaining to my recent job history in Security. We talked for approximately 30 minutes during the interview. Virgil assured me that as long as i do my job i would be successful and i must admit he was right. I cannot thank Virgil for the opportunity he provided me to grow with in the company and since the interview i have been one of the top Security Officer's.

Interview Questions

• Where did i work prior to here?   1 Answer