Chuy's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Chuy's

1.8

Waitress Interview

Anonymous Employee in Murfreesboro, TN

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Chuy's (Murfreesboro, TN) in February 2010.

Interview

Applied as restaurant was opened, so mass applications and interviews were being held on-site. Overall it was your typical restaurant industry-interview. On your application you do have to draw a picture of your favorite cartoon, which they then asked about during the interview. Management was very friendly and enthusiastic, and I was introduced to many of the managers during the interview.

Anonymous Employee in Shenandoah, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Chuy's (Shenandoah, TX) in January 2014.

Interview

Over the course of 4 days, I had 3 separate interviews with a manager, the assistant Ggeneral Manager and the General Manager. They were basic restaurant interviews. There was nothing spectacular about them.

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Chuy's (Gainesville, FL) in August 2016.

Interview

Once you apply online, the process of getting an interview can be expedited by stopping by the restaurant and requesting to speak to a manager (outside of the lunch and dinner rush obviously). For your initial interview, you meet with the server hiring manager, then you interview again with the general manager before the training process begins. In both interviews, you describe your previous serving and customer service experience.

Interview Questions

• What kinds of tequila are you familiar with?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chuy's (Plano, TX).

Interview

I applied when the store first opened, but they were fully staffed, so I came back a few months later and then applied again. I got an interview right away, and hired on the spot. The interview was pretty easy. I didn't have much serving experience when I applied but they didn't seem to worry that much about it. When I started, 8 years ago, the interview process was a lot different. I only met with one manager. I think now you meet with the store managers, and then the general manager. I'm pretty sure you have 3 interviews before being selected.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Chuy's?
      What do you know about Chuy's?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Chuy's (Plano, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

3 Interviews. Two with a manager and one with the general manager. The first two were to test the waters of the interviewed. The final interview was more of a "You're hired" or "You're not hired".

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chuy's (Charlotte, NC) in July 2017.

Interview

You fill out a one page application in store. You can usually speak to a manager right away if you come in between 2-4 and if they like you they'll schedule you for an interview with the gm. You talk to two managers and find out after the interview if you got the job.

Anonymous Employee in Lubbock, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Chuy's (Lubbock, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

Ask you to draw a picture and your past experience then later on want you to memorize the menu before you are offered job. It was a 3 interview process pretty easy but seems like they definitley want you to be a little weird

Interview Questions

• Who would you deal with a (certain) stressful circumstance   Answer Question

Server Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chuy's.

Interview

Easy. Went in to hand in my application at an non busy time and got interviewed on the spot and offer on the spot. Came in the next week for training. I already had multiple years of serving experience

Anonymous Employee in Woodbridge, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Chuy's (Woodbridge, VA) in June 2018.

Interview

Easy Process and I am thankful that it was easy. They are very open and welcoming and answer any questions you have. Managers take pride in who they hire and will make sure you're the right fit. Chuy's isn't for everyone.

Interview Questions

• Why did I want to work there?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Chuy's (Fairfax, VA) in July 2018.

Interview

Very easy interview. Asked questions about school and what I like to do for fun. The interview was way easier than expected. All around an easy interview with very nice managers.

Interview Questions

• What's your Major in school?   1 Answer