Chuy's Interview Questions

Updated Jun 17, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 63 of over 63 interviews

1.9
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Chuy's

Chuy's

Application

I interviewed at Chuy's

Interview

It was pretty easy because they just asked get yo know you questions and why you want to work there and what your schedule was like. What you do in your free time

Chuy's

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Chuy's in May 2022

Interview

Nice, easy outgoing 3 interviews.nothing hard and very smooth going. Managers are very personable and easy to talk to. Explained the chuys culture to me and asked if that was something I'm interested in

Interview Questions
  • What is the biggest hindrance of successful servers?
    1 Answer

Chuy's

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chuy's

Interview

Filled out an application in person and had a 15 minute interview with a manager. Super laid back interview asking about your experience, hours and pay with a job offer at the end.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Chuy's

Application

I interviewed at Chuy's

Interview

I was sat down, briefed on what the job required, re discussed stuff about me, how much I wanted to work, what it was like with COVID, all in all very laid back and chill.

Interview Questions
  • Even though I applied for Busser, would I be open to working the host job?

Chuy's

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chuy's

Interview

I was Interview by one manager and was introduced with the cook manager after. They want someone who is responsible. I Was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Chuy's

Application

I interviewed at Chuy's

Interview

Very laid back. There are 3 interviews you must make it through, once through the host manager, then assistant manager, then general manager. They are all super nice and make you feel relaxed and comfortable. On the plus, I got a free to go drink and chips, salsa, and creamy jalapeno!!

Interview Questions
  • They went off of my resume and application and improvised. i.e. "what is this company you worked for, what did you do there, how do you know your references, etc."

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Humble, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Chuy's (Humble, TX) in Jan 2020

Interview

The hiring manager sat me down and the interview was around 15-20 minutes. It was just a normal interview on basic restaurant staff topics, and they asked questions about my personal life to see if i had any other long-standing commitments that would interfere with the job.

Interview Questions
  • What is a good host supposed to be?
  • Say a customer having a bad day comes in and is angry about the wait, what do you do?
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Chuy's (Houston, TX) in Jan 2020

Interview

First interview with area supervisor followed by a second with Regional manager in Nashville followed by a shift observation. Final was a phone interview with the VP of Human Resources.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chuy's (Louisville, KY) in Oct 2019

Interview

Met with the different managers in the restaurant. Each did a little interview. It was painless and easy. They also offer you a free meal if they are keeping you longer than expected. Best job interview I’ve ever experienced.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Chuy's (Houston, TX) in Aug 2019

Interview

3 Interview process with the bar manager, front of house manger, and general manager. They did an extensive analysis of my resume and asked me about the gaps in which I wasn't working and why.

Interview Questions
  • If you were to get triple sat, and it will happen, how would you handle that?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 63 Interviews

Chuy's Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Chuy's as 80.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 1.87 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Food Server and Host rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Server and Server/Waiter roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Chuy's takes an average of 5 days when considering 69 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Server had the quickest hiring process (on average 3 days), whereas Hostess roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 4 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Chuy's according to 69 Glassdoor interviews include:

One on One Interview: 50.96%