Cinemark Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1.8

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Anonymous Employee in Allen, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cinemark (Allen, TX) in February 2018.

Interview

They asked me very simple questions about my daily life. Then they asked me basically how I would be a good asset to the team and some questions about my favorite movie.

Assistant Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cinemark (Wilmington, DE) in October 2008.

Interview

They will ask that you are not opposed to a career in the theater industry. They want trainees who they can one day turn into General Managers of their own theaterss.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to become so deeply involved in the motion picture exhibitor industry?   Answer Question

Negotiation

i was told what my wage would be. There wasn't any negotiating whatssoever.

Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cinemark (Boulder, CO) in May 2014.

Interview

We sat down at one of the dining tables at the theater. Very casual interview process, just to get to know the Hiring manager. The Staff positions didn't require much more then being able to work at rotating positions.

Interview Questions

• What do you like to do with your spare time?   1 Answer
    • Where have you worked before?   1 Answer

Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cinemark (Tucson, AZ) in April 2009.

Interview

Not much to it. Asked about availability and that's about it.

Any Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tracy, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cinemark (Tracy, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

Basic easy questions and had the interview in the food court. It was laid back and felt like it was there to make sure I cared at least a tiny bit about appearance and could talk to people.

Any Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cinemark (Pasadena, TX) in June 2013.

Interview

The manager was very friendly and asked about 5 questions that I was very much comfortable answering. The whole interview took place in the lobby on a bench during the week. I went in extremely nervous but she made me feel very at easy and also related to me at some points which made me feel very at ease. I felt that the manager was very and went on to giving me the job the same day showed me around and welcomes me. It was something I was very excited about and I was even introduced to one of my coworkers that same day. Without a doubt this has been one of the best jobs I have ever had and the whole hiring process was just as amazing.

Box Office Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cinemark in October 2009.

Interview

An application must be printed off online (some locations still have them available to be picked up, but not all) and brought in to the theater. The application can be taken by any employee in the box office, but do NOT give it to them. They will just wait until you leave, then read over it and either a) get bored, or b) show something funny to all the other employees working in the box office that day. Then it gets left in the back, until someone remembers to give it to a manager, which can be weeks (this is from experience after working in box office). Instead, ask for a manager--don't mention why--and give it to him or her. This creates a better image of you, and you'll be more likely to be called back.

You'll get a phone call if they like your application, to set up an interview. The interview is done by two managers.

What they want to know:
    Why you want to work there.
    How you would deal with angry customers.
    What your schedule is like, and if you're okay working holidays (because you'll have to).
    How long you plan to work there (if your answer is anything under 1 year, don't expect a cal back).

After the interview, you'll either be offered a job on the spot, or called later with an offer.

Negotiation

If you have previous theater experience, or considerable customer service experience, let them know what pay you would like for that experience (pay starts at minimum wage). Just don't expect much--if any--of an increase over minimum wage.

Box Office Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cinemark in May 2018.

Interview

Very basic questions, 5 minute interview.
    They really didn’t want anything. Just wanted proof of work eligibility,method of transport, age, etc
    Just make sure you look clean,organized, and responsible. Dont get nervous

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Collins, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cinemark (Fort Collins, CO) in June 2017.

Interview

I got a call a few days after applying online to set up an interview for the next week. The woman on the phone was very kind. I went in for my interview but had no idea where to go and so I asked the woman at the box office and she told me to wait in the lounge and she will let the person know I'm here. I then waited while another girl was being interviewed by a different person and then my interviewer came. She was actually about 7 minutes late and I was 10 minutes early. The interviewer was very polite and fun to talk with. She asked simple questions at first like "can you work holidays" and things like that. More questions were being asked like your biggest weakness. She didn't seem annoyed if I didn't know an answer right away and told me that I will know in a week or so if I got the job!

Haven't heard back since the interview was yesterday so I am selecting NO for did you get an offer.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer
    • What is your definition of Work Ethic?   Answer Question
    • What is your biggest weakness/blind spot and how are you overcoming it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Abilene, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cinemark (Abilene, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

Sat down with two supervisors and they asked me about my self and why I wanted to work there. They asked how I would feel about working with teenagers and about my past experience. It was over in about 10 minutes and I was offered the Job on the spot

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a co-worker who would not do their job.   1 Answer