Cinemark Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 17, 2017

1.8

Box Office Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Collins, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cinemark (Fort Collins, CO) in June 2017.

Interview

I got a call a few days after applying online to set up an interview for the next week. The woman on the phone was very kind. I went in for my interview but had no idea where to go and so I asked the woman at the box office and she told me to wait in the lounge and she will let the person know I'm here. I then waited while another girl was being interviewed by a different person and then my interviewer came. She was actually about 7 minutes late and I was 10 minutes early. The interviewer was very polite and fun to talk with. She asked simple questions at first like "can you work holidays" and things like that. More questions were being asked like your biggest weakness. She didn't seem annoyed if I didn't know an answer right away and told me that I will know in a week or so if I got the job!

Haven't heard back since the interview was yesterday so I am selecting NO for did you get an offer.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer
    • What is your definition of Work Ethic?   Answer Question
    • What is your biggest weakness/blind spot and how are you overcoming it?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cinemark.

Interview

I applied online and went through a questionnaire. Was called a week later to come in for an interview. Had my interview in the break room as the office was being used. Two assistant managers asked me questions and then called me a week later and gave me the job.

Usher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palmdale, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cinemark (Palmdale, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

i applied online, a week later received a phone call to come in. talking to two ladies, interview went well, got an email the next day at 4:02 in the morning saying i didnt get the job, but apply for other positions. when talking the ladies, they make you feel like you got the job, but now it was just a front, saying you didnt get the job. i believe i was judged before they even interviewed me

Concessionist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Daly City, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cinemark (Daly City, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online and got called in for an interview about 2 weeks later. The manager did ask me a couple of common interview questions, but she didn't seem to really care about my answers. The most important thing was my availability schedule. Just expand your availability as much as you can and you're putting yourself in a good position to be hired. I got an offer on the spot and I accepted. Got called in for orientation a few days later and started work the next week.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cinemark (Houston, TX).

Interview

all she asked me was what i liked to do, hobby wise, and why i wanted the job. it was fairly easy and got hired the next day. they are very poor with training but if your coworkers are nice you'll get the hang of it in no time. the person who interview me honestly did not seem to really care at all she was just like alright well that's all the information i need from you, you should be receiving a call shortly and afterwards you should check your email for any cinemark based messages.

Interview Questions

• what do you like to do in your free time?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Cinemark (Rochester, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online for a part-time position in January 2017. I didn't receive a call until April 2017 and was asked if I could come in for an interview the following week. I showed up 10 minutes early for the interview. The interview was very casual, in that the interviewer didn't have the resume from my application, and she decided not to use the Cinemark-provided list of interview questions.
      I was asked very simple questions- do you have reliable transportation; can you work holidays; which position would you prefer; can you work until 2am most nights; do you have any hobbies that would change your availability, etc. I honestly feel I nailed this interview. My schedule is as flexible as can be and I'm willing to do whatever they throw at me. At the end of the interview we shake hands and she said I would receive a call for orientation, which would most likely be that Wednesday (2 days away) or Saturday (5 days away).
      It's now Friday and I haven't received a call. So I call, and was told no hiring managers are "in" so I left a message and was told I'd get a call back.
      It's now Monday, one week from my interview and 2 days after the orientation I was told about, and still nothing. So again I call. The man at the box office said I had the job and I had to wait but he'd get me a manager anyways. The manager, who I'm certain was my interviewer, said there are no positions available. No further explanation was provided. I wasn't even told I'd get a call should something change.
      I'm stunned at how this was handled. I wasted a week waiting for a call that never came for a job I apparently never had when I could have continued job hunting.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any previous related work experience.   1 Answer

Concessionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Garland, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cinemark (Garland, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied online and got an email a few days later to come in and interview. Went in and had to wait awhile for the manager to get to me, since she was interviewing others. Felt nervous because others were being hired on the spot and I was told if they were interested I'd be contacted for a second interview. Haven't heard back yet.

Usher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orem, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cinemark (Orem, UT) in April 2017.

Interview

It was very easy, at least for me. She discussed the job like i already got it. I was very scared at first, but she was a great interviewer. I hope others go just as smoothly as mine did.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing you would like to get out of this job?   Answer Question

Usher/Concessions Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vallejo, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cinemark (Vallejo, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Quick and straightforward, it's a 1 on 1 interview. The hiring manager greeted me kindly and took me to a private room to talk. He was really nice and got the job the next day.

Anonymous Employee in Napa, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cinemark (Napa, CA).

Interview

I applied in-person. Got an interview within a week of applying. The interview took about 30 minutes or less. Told me details of the position I applied for and asked about my availability. Hired on the spot for the position I applied for, I accepted. After, signed a few papers about background information and left. It was an easy and relaxed interview. The process took 2 weeks.