Cinemark Usher Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cinemark Usher Interview Questions

Updated Jan 29, 2017

1.7

Usher Interview

Interview

During my first interview the manager I met with was young, very cold and distant, and seemed to take his job way too seriously. He asked standard questions and seemed to judge every answer I gave him. The process was about 15 minutes. I was called back for a second interview two days later in which I met with the department manager who seemed much more friendly and social. He also asked standard questions and then I was offered the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Non negotiable

Other Interview Reviews for Cinemark

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palmdale, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cinemark (Palmdale, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Pretty average interview, came in and they handed me a paper about the position. I read it and a bit later a woman came out and got me. They asked a few questions. I thought it went pretty well, the ladies I interviewed with made it sound like they would be calling me, however, they didn't. Which I felt was really unprofessional of them.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing that would make you shine above the rest of your co-workers?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Friendswood, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Cinemark (Friendswood, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

They told me what job I would be doing and gave the details of the job. They then asked to make sure I was okay to do this job and that my availability was correct. Then I filled out a piece of paper with general information on it and was told to come back the next day. They never actually told me I had the job, just to come back to fill out paperwork.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to do this job?   1 Answer

Usher Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cinemark in June 2016.

Interview

I gave my application in person. They called back people that had open availability for the summer. They called me a week and a half later for a group interview. There were 10 people in the group interview because 2 didn't show up. The General manager asked the questions and two other managers mostly observed. It was very casual and the GM was really cool, friendly and funny. It wasn't a typical interview as in they didn't ask typical interview questions, not as in what's your favorite movie but more like they asked based on whatever information you provided after the initial introductions. Also had a paper test with simple math questions. He said to wait 2 days by 10pm and if you don't get a call to not be discouraged because they were only hiring few of many. I got a call 8:30pm.

Interview Questions

• Tell me your name, the last place you worked, and something interesting about yourself.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in West Monroe, LA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cinemark (West Monroe, LA) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview itself was great, the bad part was that I had to wait in the lobby for a manager to come interview me for over an hour since the hiring manager is almost never on the ground floor. Otherwise the person that interviewed me was extremely nice and funny and was open to answer any questions I had.

Interview Questions

• How long do you plan on working here.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiating it was minimum wage or no job.

Anonymous Employee in Chico, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cinemark (Chico, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Show up early. I showed up 15 minutes early. Took about 30 minutes and was pretty easy. I wore a tie. The cinemark I got hired at had a double interview process. Make sure you smile and are intreged. Don't be afraid to ask questions to show your intrested in having a conversation. Example, at the end they asked "do you have any questions" I said "actually yes, just because im curious, how long did it take you and what did you have to do to obtain your management position?"

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself   1 Answer
    • what motivates you?   Answer Question
    • whats your bigest weakness?   1 Answer
    • What is your favorite qoute?   Answer Question
    • what are some of your strengths?   1 Answer
    • who in your life motivates you?   Answer Question
    • what is customer satisfaction?   1 Answer
    • what do you think would be the most stressful part of working here?   1 Answer
    • if there was a customer that was being rude and complaimimg to you about the movie what would you do?   1 Answer
    • Do you know how to add using a calculator?   Answer Question

Usher Interview

Interview

Hiring process was very fast! Turned in my application to the location and got a phone call to set up an interview the next day. The manager said the interview would be 20-30 minutes and it ended up being shorter. Manager was very nice and thoughtful

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? Why do you want the job here? Availability?   Answer Question

Usher Interview

Interview

It was a pretty easy interview. Got hired on the spot. Interview questions were relatively simple to answer. Just be yourself and act professional, and you should be good. It's a movie theatre; they are looking for anyone they can get, just as along as you have a positive attitude and a good work ethic.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?

If you are working as an usher and you catch an employee stealing a wallet that a customer left, how would you respond?

If you encounter a customer that looks lost, what would you do?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Davie, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cinemark (Davie, FL).

Interview

I got there and the managers brought a group of about 10 people into a room and began the group interview. They begin to ask questions and try to find out what position you would be good in if you qualify for the job. After the interview, they called within the same week to tell you that you needed to come to orientation on the given day. Orientation was long but they gave us a 10 min break to use the bathroom, get a drink or get some popcorn. When orientation is almost done, they give you a week's schedule with your trainging days. There are two training days that are about 4 hours long.

Anonymous Employee in Walnut Creek, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cinemark (Walnut Creek, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

I came in on a Wednesday evening, and it wasn't busy at all. I wasn't dressed to the nines, but a collared shirt, nice pants, and nice shoes worked out fine. My interviewer came in ten minutes late, but he apologized for being late. We shook hands and sat down for a one-on-one interview, and he was very laid back and chill. After the interview, I was offered the job on the spot, and I accepted.

Interview Questions

• What would make a business successful (in the eyes of the customer, and the eyes of the employee)?   Answer Question
    • If you had a movie made about you, what would it be about, what would it be called, and who would play you?   Answer Question