Cinemark Usher Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 5, 2017

1.7

50 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cinemark (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

Applied online and after about five days they called me and then set up my interview for the next week. After that I had my interview and was hired almost on the spot.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with an upset customer?   1 Answer
  • Do you work well in high pressure situations?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Cinemark

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cinemark (Raleigh, NC) in October 2017.

Interview

Very easy. This was my first job interview, and the interviewer was friendly and helped me feel at ease. It didn't take very long, maybe about 5 or 10 minutes total.

Usher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cinemark.

Interview

Filled out an application and was called to setup an interview the same day. Interview was basic. They really want to confirm your availability to make sure you're a good fit for the company. They also want to be sure you're hardworking with good communication skills.

Interview Questions

• How would I handle working with someone I didn't get along with?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palmdale, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cinemark (Palmdale, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

i applied online, a week later received a phone call to come in. talking to two ladies, interview went well, got an email the next day at 4:02 in the morning saying i didnt get the job, but apply for other positions. when talking the ladies, they make you feel like you got the job, but now it was just a front, saying you didnt get the job. i believe i was judged before they even interviewed me

Anonymous Employee in Orem, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cinemark (Orem, UT) in April 2017.

Interview

It was very easy, at least for me. She discussed the job like i already got it. I was very scared at first, but she was a great interviewer. I hope others go just as smoothly as mine did.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing you would like to get out of this job?   Answer Question

Usher Interview

Interview

During my first interview the manager I met with was young, very cold and distant, and seemed to take his job way too seriously. He asked standard questions and seemed to judge every answer I gave him. The process was about 15 minutes. I was called back for a second interview two days later in which I met with the department manager who seemed much more friendly and social. He also asked standard questions and then I was offered the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Non negotiable

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palmdale, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cinemark (Palmdale, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Pretty average interview, came in and they handed me a paper about the position. I read it and a bit later a woman came out and got me. They asked a few questions. I thought it went pretty well, the ladies I interviewed with made it sound like they would be calling me, however, they didn't. Which I felt was really unprofessional of them.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing that would make you shine above the rest of your co-workers?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Friendswood, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Cinemark (Friendswood, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

They told me what job I would be doing and gave the details of the job. They then asked to make sure I was okay to do this job and that my availability was correct. Then I filled out a piece of paper with general information on it and was told to come back the next day. They never actually told me I had the job, just to come back to fill out paperwork.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to do this job?   1 Answer

Usher Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cinemark in June 2016.

Interview

I gave my application in person. They called back people that had open availability for the summer. They called me a week and a half later for a group interview. There were 10 people in the group interview because 2 didn't show up. The General manager asked the questions and two other managers mostly observed. It was very casual and the GM was really cool, friendly and funny. It wasn't a typical interview as in they didn't ask typical interview questions, not as in what's your favorite movie but more like they asked based on whatever information you provided after the initial introductions. Also had a paper test with simple math questions. He said to wait 2 days by 10pm and if you don't get a call to not be discouraged because they were only hiring few of many. I got a call 8:30pm.

Interview Questions

• Tell me your name, the last place you worked, and something interesting about yourself.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in West Monroe, LA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cinemark (West Monroe, LA) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview itself was great, the bad part was that I had to wait in the lobby for a manager to come interview me for over an hour since the hiring manager is almost never on the ground floor. Otherwise the person that interviewed me was extremely nice and funny and was open to answer any questions I had.

Interview Questions

• How long do you plan on working here.   2 Answers

Negotiation

There was no negotiating it was minimum wage or no job.