CipherCloud Interview Questions | Glassdoor

CipherCloud Interview Questions

Updated Feb 14, 2017

3.1

Escalation Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CipherCloud.

Interview

The recruiter was late for the initial phone call. No problem....However, when I made it to the next round, I was set up with a time in which the person who was supposed to interview me was unable to make the call. Again, no problem. We rescheduled for the next day. That rescheduled call turned out to be a no-show.

Support Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CipherCloud in September 2015.

Interview

Interview process took ~ 3 weeks. Only relevant questions related to the work to be done and work i had done were asked in the interview. On site interview was for ~ 2 hours. People were friendly and felt comfortable during the interview. From the interviewer learned that the work life balance is good.

Interview Questions

• Questions related to unix commands, thread dumps, heap dump , system performance etc.   Answer Question

Senior Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CipherCloud (San Jose, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

There are a couple of rounds that one has to go through. The first one is a general interview with HR, the second one is a technical interview and the third one is with your boss, the Director of Professional Services. The fourth interview is on site with the VP, Director and Senior Manager. The Senior Manager will give you another technical interview and the Director and VP will get a feel for you customer service skills and attitude.

Interview Questions

• Explain asymmetric cryptography.   1 Answer

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at CipherCloud (San Jose, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

Typical interview process, meet with potential team mates, members of engineering staff, manager then if you pass all that, VP. No multi panel. Did initial phone screen, went well so was offered to come in person. The in person interview was less technical than I expected, I think my resume and initial phone screen probably gave them confidence that I would be able to handle the role from a technical standpoint. Interview went well, was made an offer a week or so later.

Interview Questions

• Describe an SSL handshake   Answer Question
    • Basic linux command line questions (how do you compress a directory, ssh to servers, other common support related questions).   Answer Question
    • How do you troubleshoot Java stack traces and JVM tuning.   Answer Question

Director, Business Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CipherCloud (San Jose, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

Had initial screening with recruiter via phone. On site interviews with a total of 9 people over three visits. The last interview was a mock presentation to a small team. Solid recruiter with a great sense of urgency made a huge difference. My impression from the interviewers was that they had some very good people without the typical accompanying technorati superiority complex.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult component of the interview was doing a presentation to a cross functional team and then a round of Q&A on the topic.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Had identical offer from another top 20 pre-ipo company which validated their being in-line with industry. Was disappointed with visibility into valuation. The company's multi-cloud vision and the caliber of individuals I met during the process made the difference.

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CipherCloud in April 2014.

Interview

Interview process was fair and took about a month from beginning to end. It involved meeting senior executive leadership and a trip to the corporate office in San Jose. Overall a typical interview process.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at CipherCloud (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Great process and very fast,

i was called and set up a quick interview and clear the interview and got offer on the same day.

Interview questions were really good and not so easy. I was very satisfied the interviews and chat i had with my manager and within 2 weeks i was in CipherCloud Employee.

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CipherCloud in February 2014.

Interview

Applied online; was contacted by the recruiter a couple weeks after. Spoke with recruiter for about 5 minutes and scheduled a phone interview with hiring manager same week. Spoke with hiring manager for about 40 minutes then schedule an in-person interview for next week. Went to in-person interview which lasted about 2.5hours with 4 different people (Director, Sr Director, VP and SVP)

Interview Questions

• No unexpected questions. They just wanted to know more about my past experiences and how it relates to the position. Typical interview questions   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at CipherCloud (San Jose, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

Staring from simple problems to more complicated scenarios based on your answer. Also Java internals, datastructure and about previous projects. Phone screen followed by three or four one to one.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CipherCloud (Washington, DC) in January 2013.

Interview

It was thorough and comprehensive. A recruiter contacted me and arranged for a phone screen with the VP of Sales. The initial phone screen was relatively mutually exploratory. At the end of the call, we agreed to meet in person. The in person interview lasted roughly 2 hours with the VP of Sales and considering my background of success and the fact that we had similar experiences, the VP basically offered me the job at the end of the interview. I didn't meet with nor did I speak with anyone else at the company before being hired.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through a sales cycle you've encountered that ended successfully and explain why   Answer Question