Cirrus Logic Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cirrus Logic Interview Questions

Updated Nov 12, 2017

3.2

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I thought that my to-be manager was discourteous and disingenuous in our interview, and hoped that they weren't so in normal situation. I felt like they wanted to pry into my past and future decisions until they saw a good reason not to advance me. I was surprised because their actions did not match what I knew about Cirrus Logic from company website and secondary testimonies.

Design Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Cirrus Logic (Austin, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

This is not a place that experienced/senior engineers should look to. They seem to have more work than people to do it and are looking to scale through hiring more bodies than changing how they actually do verification reuse. They rely mostly on external recruiters not only for finding candidates but also as agents throughout the whole process so you're mostly dealing with a distant third party headhunter who knows little about the role, industry, or expectations.

The pre-interview process involved a prescreen call and testbench coding exercise that a candidate does on their own time followed by a technical review call. The onsite interview was not effectively geared towards a Senior person and also involved an on-demand coding activity which was vague and wouldn't reveal much about DV expertise.
    Despite initial positive feedback and follow-up calls, the company took over 2 weeks to respond (via their 3rd party head hunter) with disappointing news and absolutely no other feedback.

Interview Questions

• Write a constraint expression for an 8-bit value with the same number of 1/0 bits   1 Answer

Device Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cirrus Logic (Austin, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

Two phone screenings and then onsite interview with the whole team. They were very courteous and welcoming. You have to go into each individual's office and answer questions. They ask you to draw on the board. They asked mostly technical questions and a few personal questions such as career goals and motivation.

Interview Questions

• basic semiconductor fundamentals: pn junction, avalanche voltage, MOSFET I-V curves, some signal processing basic   1 Answer

Digital Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cirrus Logic (Austin, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online at their Career portal and got a call few days later to set up a time for phone screenings. 2 phone screenings before I was invited for onsite interviews. 8 onsite interviews followed back to back, each 1 hour long. The first interviewer was not professional at all and kept asking things even when he admitted that he was out of touch with those concepts for a really long time. The hiring manager took for lunch and interviewed at the same time.
    Questions listed below

Interview Questions

• Phone Screening:
      - Digital design fundamentals, CDC, Verification fundamentals, questions related to coursework, Analog fundamentals, and finally some take home problems that I answered within 24 hours.

On Site Interviews:
      Highly technical rounds
      - Pattern detection, FSM, LSFR related questions, some mathematical questions, extremely tough digital circuits questions, projects in depth, questions based upon what the resume describes, synchronizers, STA, synthesis in detail, constraint handling, physical design fundamentals. Some analog circuits and lots of CDC questions.   1 Answer

Assembly Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cirrus Logic.

Interview

I applied online through their website and then got an email for a telephone interviewer. He asked me to tell me about myself and about my resume and what experience I had.

Interview Questions

• Have you had experience with testing equipment in the labs?   Answer Question

Digital Design Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cirrus Logic in February 2017.

Interview

a phone screen from manager. This manager has strong accent. I had difficulty to understand him. He first asked position I were applying then a lot technical questions after. All questions are technical. Nothing related to resume.

Analog Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cirrus Logic (Austin, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

This was a telephonic interview for a data converter design position. I had a telephonic interview prior to this where my base band analog skills were tested, this interview was focused more on signal processing basics.

Interview Questions

• S to Z domains transfer functions, Aliasing (4 Khz sampled with 5 Khz signal), how to substitute a resistor with a switch capacitor ckt, sigma delata ADC basics.   Answer Question

PM Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cirrus Logic in January 2017.

Interview

Really smooth process. 8 interviews throughout the day. Flew out to Austin and they were very accommodating as this was an experience hire. Did not get the offer but got honest feedback from the hiring manager as to why I was rejected.

Digital Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cirrus Logic in December 2016.

Interview

I was notified for the interview position by email and they asked my availibility for the interview. I recieved the call on time as it was scheduled for. The interview began sharp at 2:00 pm and was about 25 minutes long. The interviewer asked questions mainly related to digital signal processing concepts such as FIR/IIR filters, group delay, impulse response and transfer function.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about one of my project that was on LMS adaptive filter (relevant to Digital Signal processing) and the hiring manager went deeper into the concepts of filter.   Answer Question
    • How to divide a clock by 3 without using PLL?   Answer Question

Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cirrus Logic (Austin, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

This was the most unprofessional interview experience ever. No questions were asked based on my skill set in my resume. They gave me a problem to solve (design and verify) which I was fine with, but in the meanwhile the interviewers were discussing some random stuff not related to the interview which was distracting. They were least bit interested in what i did and it was extremely unprofessional. The worst is they never got back me to with the interview result.