Cirrus Logic Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Verification Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cirrus Logic (Raleigh, NC) in February 2019.

Interview

One 45 minutes phone interview which is mostly the basics of the digital design concepts and OOP concepts followed by one and half hour of on-campus interview. It was a panel interview round.

Interview Questions

• Questions related to projects mentioned on the resume, Constraint questions, Write the verilog code and testbench for the given system   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I thought that my to-be manager was discourteous and disingenuous in our interview, and hoped that they weren't so in normal situation. I felt like they wanted to pry into my past and future decisions until they saw a good reason not to advance me. I was surprised because their actions did not match what I knew about Cirrus Logic from company website and secondary testimonies.

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I interviewed at Cirrus Logic (Austin, TX) in December 2013.

Interview

Asked about the dc dc converter design such as Buck loop compensation, current sensing, flyback design and analysis, and IC design knowledge, Audio experience and background, DSP , signal processing methods, A/D converter. More in applications and less in IC design area.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Cirrus Logic (Austin, TX) in October 2010.

Interview

It's not a easy process.

Senior Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cirrus Logic (Austin, TX) in February 2010.

Interview

Initial contact via recruiter. Very open and helpful HR at company. Interview was mixture of personal and technical - they really want to make sure that the person is a good fit for the company culture as well as being technically competent. Company was extremely supportive during job transition time where I was unable to work for several months

Negotiation

Not much negotiation - I was keen to get job. They added a bit more on top of the initial offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cirrus Logic (Austin, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

This was a telephonic interview for a data converter design position. I had a telephonic interview prior to this where my base band analog skills were tested, this interview was focused more on signal processing basics.

Interview Questions

• S to Z domains transfer functions, Aliasing (4 Khz sampled with 5 Khz signal), how to substitute a resistor with a switch capacitor ckt, sigma delata ADC basics.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cirrus Logic (Austin, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

First I had a phone screen, then they invited me for an interview, and they asked for references. My references had to fill in a questionnaire about me, before the on site interview. The on site interview was postponed once without explanation.
    Cirrus had their travel agency arrange the flights between the SF Bay Area where I live and Austin. Although there are direct flights between Silicon Valley and Austin the travel agency didn't book direct flights (and they also don't do that for Cirrus employees I've heard.) The travel agency also booked the hotel and a rental car.

Cirrus gave me a map which indicated 3 places where I could park the car, the parking garage for visitors (which was already full at 8.15AM) and two parking lots, of which one turned out not to have places for Cirrus Logic employees/visitors anymore.
    I first had a talk with their recruiter in a meeting room and after that I was escorted from interviewer to interviewer. I came back to that meeting room a few times.
    It was a surprise to some of the interviewers that they had to do an interview, I even heard one interviewer exclaim 'O no'.
    I was asked to bring extra resumes, that turned out to be necessary. Most interviewers had my resume on screen but in one case the interviewer was not able to pull my resume up so I had to give him one of the resumes I brought.

Interview Questions

• Can you derive the formula for the voltage of a bandgap?   Answer Question
    • Draw the cross section of a MOST
      and some questions about the charge in the channel and the effect of the voltage on the drain   1 Answer

Analog Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cirrus Logic in May 2012.

Interview

applied through company website, phone screen with hiring manager. The process took 1 month. I interviewed at Cirrus Logic (Austin, TX) in July 2013.The interview was all about basic analog and digital signal processing concept questions

Interview Questions

• bandgap, amplifiers,discreet time signal, SD A/D converters.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cirrus Logic (Austin, TX) in September 2009.

Interview

pretty standard with phone interview and then onsite one on one interview. some of the interviewers were good and some where like time pass. questions asked were simple and were opamp bases and dsp questions. some questions were also on ESD protraction and latch ups. Some on delta sigma mod. functionality

Interview Questions

• draw folded cascode opamp and if the input voltage increases, tell what will happen to each node voltage and current in each transistor.   1 Answer
    • spectrum of digital signal and what will happen with upsample the signal   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation phase.

Analog IC Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cirrus Logic (Austin, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter who forwarded my resume to the hiring manager. Later there was a telephonic interview covering fundamentals of Analog design. I was invited to their HQs in Austin and met around 10 people who interviewed me. I was asked to analyze circuits and reason out their noise, frequency and power performance. All the interviewers were very cordial and gave me ample time to present my understanding.
    They are more interested in your approach. Be patient with yourself.

Interview Questions

• Fundamental analog, discreet time, switched capacitor, A/D converters.   3 Answers

Assembly Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cirrus Logic.

Interview

I applied online through their website and then got an email for a telephone interviewer. He asked me to tell me about myself and about my resume and what experience I had.

Interview Questions

• Have you had experience with testing equipment in the labs?   Answer Question