Citadel Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.2

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

SE Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Citadel.

Interview

4 people half day, each interviewer asked 2-3 technical questions followed by Q&A. The interviewer is very kind and the question depends on the interview. Difficulty level is average, most questions got hints from the interviewers. Do not expect one-pass solution. Instead, try to iterate it.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Citadel in September 2017.

Interview

I applied through my university and received a 15 question quiz. The questions were difficult as I do not have a background in machine learning. I completed the quiz with 10/15 and did not receive an offer.

Interview Questions

• Interpret the Covariance matrix in the following setting:   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Citadel.

Interview

One round of online assessment before I was rejected. I got the online assessment a few days after I applied. It had to be completed within 2 weeks. The assessment consisted of 15 math, statistics, computer science and general IQ questions.

Interview Questions

• You have a worker and a gold bar. The worker will work for you for 15 days. He must have x/15 of the gold bar after the xth day of work. What is the minimum number of cuts of the gold bar you need to make to pay the worker?   3 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Citadel (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Having interviewed with at least two dozen different companies in software and finance ranging from series A startups to the biggest names in the industry, I can safely say Citadel has the most bizarre, pointless, waste-of-time interview process I've ever gone through. Indeed, if I had known from the inception it would take an astounding four weeks to schedule a first round interview due to a complete lack of communication on their end, I would never have even gone through the process, to say nothing of the following rounds. Citadel demonstrates no interest whatsoever in their candidates, especially compared to smaller firms like HRT or Jane Street in their own industry, and pretty much any firm in the software industry. Interview literally anywhere else.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Citadel.

Interview

Had an hour long phone interview. I was asked a very broad range of questions followed by a very difficult coding question. The questions included topics from computer programs, data structures, and computer architecture.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Citadel in October 2017.

Interview

Applied from university, received a quiz on stats and ML, only got 9/15, got an interview on campus.
    The interviewer was one of the alumni. We went through the resume and did some technical questions. The interviewer was very friendly and helped me a lot when I was stuck. Get an onsite interview after 1 week.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Citadel in June 2017.

Interview

Phone interview with Citadel in August 2017, had two non-technical in July. Never hear them back since after, even I did very good in the interview. I emailed the recruiter for feedback, no response.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Citadel.

Interview

I did 1 phone screen and then 4 back to back interviews. On the hard side, but manageable. I wish they would be a lunch break between interview. They fly you first class and cover incidentals. Interviewers were all from different teams. One of the interviewer was more focused on his phone than on the interview though.

Interview Questions

• Find the number of ways to get from one corner of a grid to the opposite corner, by going down or right only.   5 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Citadel (Chicago, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

After a brief talk on job fair(about C++), I got the chance for an onsite interview. Everyone in the team interviewed me during the onsite interview, ending with the team manager and HR. The environment was positive, although questions were hard.

Interview Questions

• All rounds are similar, they all focus on system level programming/C++/dynamic programming skills. There are a few hard ones: 1. talk about CPU cache 2. why compilor do alignment 3. LRU cache implementation 4. two DP questions.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Citadel (Philadelphia, PA) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied through the campus career services page and was called for an on campus interview. The interviewer jumped straight to coding questions, without any warm up whatsoever. I basically entered the room and was given the first coding question, which was kinda nerve wracking. Also, the interviewer wasn't really helpful when I came across some roadblocks in my approach. He instead chose to look at his phone during these times.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Citadel.

Interview

I had a phone screen interview. The interviewer called 15-20 minutes late. I must say this was a very odd interview for a Software Engineer position. For example, he questioned the value of the product I was developing at my current workplace. The interviewer seemed interested in poking holes in non-technical aspects even though it was a technical interview. My recruiter had told me that I did not need prior financial knowledge. However, the interviewer questioned my interest in the job and asked about financial terms that he knew I would not be able to answer. There was a basic C++ codility question that was asked and I had no issues with it. My feeling is that the interviewer had made up his mind even before he interviewed me but had to go through the motion because he was asked to.

Interview Questions

• What is a 'short'? What is a 'put'? What is a hedge fund? How much of C++11 have you used?   1 Answer