Citadel Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 11, 2018

3.2

1. Featured Interview

SE Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Citadel.

Interview

4 people half day, each interviewer asked 2-3 technical questions followed by Q&A. The interviewer is very kind and the question depends on the interview. Difficulty level is average, most questions got hints from the interviewers. Do not expect one-pass solution. Instead, try to iterate it.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Citadel in September 2017.

Interview

I applied through my university and received a 15 question quiz. The questions were difficult as I do not have a background in machine learning. I completed the quiz with 10/15 and did not receive an offer.

Interview Questions

• Interpret the Covariance matrix in the following setting:   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Citadel (Chicago, IL) in December 2008.

Interview

Citadel seemed to have very specific skill and experience objectives. If you match, you're in luck. Otherwise, expect to be dismissed summarily. Interviewer was pleasant enough, but he seemed to lose interest as it became apparent that I was not into any of the niches he was looking for.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Citadel (Chicago, IL) in February 2011.

Interview

3 Technical Interviews. Basic CS concepts

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Citadel (Chicago, IL) in March 2011.

Interview

Had a phone interview with manager. Was then brought in for interviews with HR and 2 other technical people. Was also was supposed to meet manager but he was a no show, was never told why and the manager made no attempt to contact me after interview which I felt was very rude. Also, was pretty obvious my skills did not match the opening, I don't have scripting skills and I don't state that on my resume either. Felt it was a complete waste of my time and only found out that I didn't get it after following up many weeks later.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Citadel.

Interview

Had an hour long phone interview. I was asked a very broad range of questions followed by a very difficult coding question. The questions included topics from computer programs, data structures, and computer architecture.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Citadel in October 2017.

Interview

Applied from university, received a quiz on stats and ML, only got 9/15, got an interview on campus.
    The interviewer was one of the alumni. We went through the resume and did some technical questions. The interviewer was very friendly and helped me a lot when I was stuck. Get an onsite interview after 1 week.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Citadel in June 2017.

Interview

Phone interview with Citadel in August 2017, had two non-technical in July. Never hear them back since after, even I did very good in the interview. I emailed the recruiter for feedback, no response.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Citadel (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Having interviewed with at least two dozen different companies in software and finance ranging from series A startups to the biggest names in the industry, I can safely say Citadel has the most bizarre, pointless, waste-of-time interview process I've ever gone through. Indeed, if I had known from the inception it would take an astounding four weeks to schedule a first round interview due to a complete lack of communication on their end, I would never have even gone through the process, to say nothing of the following rounds. Citadel demonstrates no interest whatsoever in their candidates, especially compared to smaller firms like HRT or Jane Street in their own industry, and pretty much any firm in the software industry. Interview literally anywhere else.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Citadel.

Interview

One round of online assessment before I was rejected. I got the online assessment a few days after I applied. It had to be completed within 2 weeks. The assessment consisted of 15 math, statistics, computer science and general IQ questions.

Interview Questions

• You have a worker and a gold bar. The worker will work for you for 15 days. He must have x/15 of the gold bar after the xth day of work. What is the minimum number of cuts of the gold bar you need to make to pay the worker?   3 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citadel (Ann Arbor, MI) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied thru career fair, get invitation to a on campus interview. Two 45 minutes tech interviews with two programmers and a 30 minute behavior interview with HR, a lot of questions both for stats and C++

Interview Questions

• convert string to integers,   1 Answer