Citadel Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 17, 2018

3.2

1. Featured Interview

SE Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Citadel.

Interview

4 people half day, each interviewer asked 2-3 technical questions followed by Q&A. The interviewer is very kind and the question depends on the interview. Difficulty level is average, most questions got hints from the interviewers. Do not expect one-pass solution. Instead, try to iterate it.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Citadel in September 2017.

Interview

I applied through my university and received a 15 question quiz. The questions were difficult as I do not have a background in machine learning. I completed the quiz with 10/15 and did not receive an offer.

Interview Questions

• Interpret the Covariance matrix in the following setting:   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Citadel (Chicago, IL) in February 2014.

Interview

one round on-campus, one round on-site

Interview Questions

• Few algorithm problems. Instead of many skill tests and IQ tests.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Citadel (Chicago, IL) in December 2008.

Interview

Citadel seemed to have very specific skill and experience objectives. If you match, you're in luck. Otherwise, expect to be dismissed summarily. Interviewer was pleasant enough, but he seemed to lose interest as it became apparent that I was not into any of the niches he was looking for.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Citadel (Chicago, IL) in February 2011.

Interview

3 Technical Interviews. Basic CS concepts

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Citadel (Chicago, IL) in March 2011.

Interview

Had a phone interview with manager. Was then brought in for interviews with HR and 2 other technical people. Was also was supposed to meet manager but he was a no show, was never told why and the manager made no attempt to contact me after interview which I felt was very rude. Also, was pretty obvious my skills did not match the opening, I don't have scripting skills and I don't state that on my resume either. Felt it was a complete waste of my time and only found out that I didn't get it after following up many weeks later.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citadel (Ann Arbor, MI) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied thru career fair, get invitation to a on campus interview. Two 45 minutes tech interviews with two programmers and a 30 minute behavior interview with HR, a lot of questions both for stats and C++

Interview Questions

• convert string to integers,   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Citadel (Chicago, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

After a brief talk on job fair(about C++), I got the chance for an onsite interview. Everyone in the team interviewed me during the onsite interview, ending with the team manager and HR. The environment was positive, although questions were hard.

Interview Questions

• All rounds are similar, they all focus on system level programming/C++/dynamic programming skills. There are a few hard ones: 1. talk about CPU cache 2. why compilor do alignment 3. LRU cache implementation 4. two DP questions.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Citadel.

Interview

I did 1 phone screen and then 4 back to back interviews. On the hard side, but manageable. I wish they would be a lunch break between interview. They fly you first class and cover incidentals. Interviewers were all from different teams. One of the interviewer was more focused on his phone than on the interview though.

Interview Questions

• Find the number of ways to get from one corner of a grid to the opposite corner, by going down or right only.   4 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Citadel (Pittsburgh, PA) in November 2015.

Interview

I apply online and receive on campus interview a week later. The interview consists of a HR interview and a tech interview. For the tech interview, they first asked me some questions about my project, and then asked me an algorithm question: multiply two matrix.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Citadel (Pittsburgh, PA) in November 2015.

Interview

first introduce yourself. And we spent a lot of time discussing resume. I was asked the difference of Artificial Intelligence and machine learning. Then ask you one technical question and several behavioral question