Citadel Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 15, 2017

3.2

SDE1 Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Citadel (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

When I submit my application, the email sent me immediately. You need to complete it in 48 hours. Online Assessment, total 15 questions. You need to complete in 1 hours. No programming questions.

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Interview

online assessment after online application. Online assessment is 15 multiple choice questions, covering stats, finance, finance math, and programming. I got 10/15. then received the phone screen about two weeks after the test. The phone screen took about half an hour.

Interview Questions

• briefly talked about my resume, then I was asked about some questions related to my previous research. In the end, I was asked to write a code to calculated variance using python.   Answer Question

Quantitative Researcher Interview

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Citadel.

Interview

1 phone interview and 1 onsite. ~4 people interviewed from different groups. First 2 were somewhat junior and asked a lot of brain teasers. The last 2 were senior and focused more on my resume.

Quant Interview

Interview

Automated online test when you submit your resume, then phone screen, maybe technical phone screen, before on-site round in Chicago. The stuff they want from you is completely different from the trading recruitment process (which I did 2 years ago) - here they want to see both coding and modeling competence. They do differentiate between data science types and quant researchers.

Interview Questions

• Very difficult statistical questions on regression and related topics --- not sure how to prepare, it's really hard!   Answer Question

Quantitative Researcher Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Citadel.

Interview

I applied through college website, got a phone interview. They asked 3 questions, one about programming and two about probability theory. I eventually got the correct answers to all of them, but said several wrong things along way, got rejection email an hour after the interview.

Quantitative Researcher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Citadel.

Interview

Initial phone screen and then two technical phone interviews. Interviewers were really nice, started off by asking about my research and coursework, then moved on to technical questions. Very friendly, but I didn't get invited to an on site interview.

Interview Questions

• Some basic statistics and probability questions, a couple general questions about machine learning methods.   Answer Question

Trader Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citadel.

Interview

Online Assessment after submitting online application. The questions are multiple choices and are in general very difficult. I answered half correctly, so no offer for me. Will again next year.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Citadel in October 2017.

Interview

Applied from university, received a quiz on stats and ML, only got 9/15, got an interview on campus.
    The interviewer was one of the alumni. We went through the resume and did some technical questions. The interviewer was very friendly and helped me a lot when I was stuck. Get an onsite interview after 1 week.

Quantitative Researcher Interview

Interview

Campus interview, interviewers are CS people, they were pretty friendly but questions varies in a lot of fields, including probability, brainteaser, coding and one's own research experience. Questions varies according to your resume.

Interview Questions

• 25 horses, find the fastest 3 ones through a series of races, each race you must select 5 horses to race together   Answer Question

Python Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citadel (Chicago, IL) in October 2017.

Interview

I had an initial coding Hackerrank which had 3 questions. And then a phone interview with a development manager which had a coderpad test. Followed by an onsite interview in Chicago (flight + nice hotel paid for by Citadel). Overall interview process was enjoyable. Recruiter & Citadel were professional throughout, keeping me informed about the status.

Interview Questions

• Hackerrank test:
      1) Print Roman number equivalent for numbers 1-1000
      2) Order a list of words appearing in a file by number of letters but maintain original order ("stable sorting") of words with same length
      3) Implement a stack class with methods to do some specific operations mentioned in the question.

Phone/Codepad interview:
      1) Given a series of prices, find the one buy/sell trade pair which gives the maximum profit
      2) Modification of 1. For the same prices, find the maximum profit possible with any number of buy/sell allowed (at each step/price, you can buy, sell or do nothing, no short sell allowed)   Answer Question