Citadel Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 20, 2017

3.2

Middle Office Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenwich, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Citadel (Greenwich, CT).

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter. Not exactly sure why the wanted to proceed with my application given my resume (clearly was not qualified for the position). Had two phone interviews (one went well, the other not too well). Was called back for a superday. First two interviews of the day went very well. Simply behavioral questions. The third was a bit more scrutinizing. And the last was simply condescending. I knew that I would not be a good fit amid the third interview. The company clearly only cares about returns and could care less about the employees. After the fourth interview, the receptionist told me that they were "done for the day", despite originally being told I had more interviews. A true exhibition of cowardice and lack of respect. Would not have taken an offer given the personalities of the people I interviewed with.

Compliance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Citadel (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

I was called for a phone interview, and have not heard back as of yet. As far as an interview goes, it was not very tense. If you are preparing for this interview, get to know the company.

Interview Questions

• Briefly describe your background? Also, a couple of random questions, totally unrelated are to be expected.   Answer Question

Quantitative Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Citadel (Chicago, IL).

Interview

The process was very good. Most of it was on Machine Learning. One phone interview followed by an on-site interview. On-site was 4 interviews, one algorithm, one statistics, one software and another on Machine Learning.

Interview Questions

• Statistics questions on random walks.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citadel in March 2017.

Interview

- Applied online for entry level positions.
    - I had received call from citadel hr for telephonic round .
    - It was general basic 30 mins screen interview on resume. They did ask me behavioral questions,
    and graduation and basic regarding on my internship.

Compliance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Citadel (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

It's one phone interview and one in person interview. I honestly didn't make it to the in person interview. I never stood a chance. The interviewer clearly hadn't even read my resume, and knew nothing about me. I honestly was confused about why I was on the phone with her to begin with. It was just a waste of my time.

Interview Questions

• Really clearly hadn't even looked at my resume, was rushed on the phone with me, and made me feel bothered that she had to take the time to interview me. Walk me through your resume was the most in depth question I was asked. She also asked me why this job? What about this company I liked? Her first question was, what do you know about the company?   1 Answer

Devops Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Citadel (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I talked to a recruiter and then a couple of Citadel's HR staff members. There weren't any details provided until I talked to my hiring manager, and they asked me specific questions about some stuff in my resume that impressed me. I felt like overall there wasn't nearly enough focus on my actual critical-thinking ability.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to describe how I built a system from my past   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Citadel (Chicago, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

First phone call with HR. Then 2 phone calls with various members of the team. Then invited on-site to Chicago office for "superday" round of interviews. Met with 5 separate team members, each interview lasting about one hour. Heard back about 2 weeks later saying I got the role.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Citadel (Chicago, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied through campus recruiting. Received recommendation from the interviewer for the next round, but never got repled back. The interviewer is nice, but maybe something happens in the HR side.

Interview Questions

• OA is to create a list that could add incremental values in a timely manner. Interviewer asked basic questions in programming: what are the difference in UDP&TCP, different in recurrent network and convolutional network, rvalue and lvalue, some OO concepts in C++.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Citadel (Chicago, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

Citadel hires exclusively from the top 5% of people for a position. Not the top 5% of people on the market, but of the people. The interview process at Citadel is specifically crafted to rise to the level of the candidate and the position, and find these great employees.

After an initial phone screen with someone who really knows their stuff, we proceeded to arrange the on-site interview where I met with 6 differently-skilled colleagues to be. Soon after returning home, they decided to move forward and collected additional information to establish the entire package, which took about 4-5 weeks. After receiving approvals on the hiring packet all the way up to the CEO, the offer was extended, and I accepted.

The inside recruiter and the outside recruiter kept me up to date at all stages. The on-site coordinator met all of my needs during the day, and the overnight stay at the hotel was within easy walking distance of the interview location.

Quantitative Researcher Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Citadel.

Interview

Phone interview was friendly and straightforward but looking for specific experience to fill a specific modeling role. 1hr with recruiter then 1hr with existing quant. Mostly questions about background/experience, some technical questions (probability, calculus)