Citation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Citation

2.8

Business Development Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmslow, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citation (Wilmslow, England (UK)).

Interview

Fairly basic down to earth informal meet and greet the staff, then went on to do a quick group exercise, nothing to challenging. Finally a one to one interview with a team manager. Very structured competency based questions with no real opportunity to really go into detail or elaborate on your skills and experiences. The person asking the questions was like a robot and didn't seem interested in being there as the interviews are held after 17:00pm when everybody has gone home. I got the impression this person wished they weren't there. They showed no personality or any two way discussion empathy what so ever and i'm guessing this was a role suited to people who are looking for their first proper job and would be expected to do as their told and ask no questions. Hence didn't get the job, but I am glad as during the interview a few home truths came about what the job really entails and not how it was advertised! Also a final note, if you don't live in Wilmslow and you plan on driving there make sure you know where to park as it is a nightmare and very expensive if using a multistory car park!

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Citation (Manchester, England (UK)) in November 2015.

Interview

Saw the job on the Citation website, applied just by sending a CV. Got a call from HR about a week later for an interview. One interview at their offices.

Administration Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmslow, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citation (Wilmslow, England (UK)) in September 2015.

Interview

Very efficient. I was contacted to attend interview. A mutually convenient time and date was agreed. Everything was prepared in advance for the testing process. The staff interviewing me were professional and friendly at the same time.

Human Resources Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Citation (Manchester, England (UK)).

Interview

Telephone screening with various employment law scenarios, then a face-to-face interview with a separate written exercise. The interview was relaxed, and very much a 2 way process. It was as much about the culture of the organisation as the role itself.

CRM Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmslow, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Citation (Wilmslow, England (UK)) in October 2015.

Interview

Quick and snappy. I did a presentation, I talked about me, what I can do, what my skills were. No crazy multi-tiered many day interview. Also worked around my hours available which was nice.

Interview Questions

• How I would recommend and implement my changes to the Salesforce org.   Answer Question

Junior Content Marketing Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmslow, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Citation (Wilmslow, England (UK)) in March 2018.

Interview

The interview and recruitment process was faultless.

The process began with an application through their website. The job advertisement said that they were looking for the 'fish to their chips' and the role being advertised for was titled 'Content Marketing Unicorn' which was really intriguing and set a unique feel to their recruitment.

I then received an e-mail from a member of the HR team informing me that I had been shortlisted for the job. This was sent on Valentine's Day and had an engaging graphic that said 'love is in the air... congratulations, you've been shortlisted'. I really liked the company's e-mail marketing, as they really practised what they preached when it came to engaging content creation.

I was then asked to provide my availability over the next couple of weeks to arrange a phone call. This process was stress-free; I e-mailed over a few dates and we arranged a day and time. The telephone interview was around half an hour and was a great chance to chat with a Citation Senior Content Marketing Executive, who could find out more about yourself and equally you could find out more about the role. It felt more like a conversation than an interview, and discussion topics varied from experiences at University to what type of writing I enjoyed to what was my favourite type of chocolate was. The role would involve working closely with the interviewee, and so it was mutually beneficial to build rapport with them and establish one another's expectations and interests.

I then received another fun e-mail from the same member of the HR team (a great thing about the process was that you were contacted consistently by the same person, who was a good port-of-call should you have any queries) inviting me to an assessment day at the company's head office in Wilmslow. Clear information was given with regards to dress-code and the office's location.

The assessment day was a pleasant experience. Around six other candidates were in attendance. A (good) free buffet-lunch was provided. The first half of the day was split between group activities and individual tasks, and four company employees observed these. The day finished with an interview with Citation's Senior Content Marketing Executive and the company's Head of Content and Branding.

Citation engendered a pleasant atmosphere by starting the day with an icebreaker - two truths and a lie. Candidates were then asked to sum up in one to two minutes why they wanted the job. This was followed by a group discussion about the most important items you should take on a desert island, followed by a fun listening game/test involving fun riddles and a prize for whoever scored highest.

Candidates were then given a marketing task. This was about describing your journey to the interview, and it was up to you how you presented it - bullet points, mind maps etc. The rationale was that working for the company would require producing engaging content about topics that could potentially be dry, and so this was an opportunity for you to demonstrate those skills. You then had to write three tweets about your journey to work that were shareable. Finally, a short question asked you to describe something bad you had done recently and what you did to hide it.

During the morning, candidates were also drip-fed information about the company but in a way that was not overwhelming, intimidating or patronising. The group watched a video describing the company's future plans and where the company is heading.

The final activity was a group presentation. Candidates were split up into two groups and had to present to the four Citation employees. A brief was given about Eskimos and the concept was simply - you had to market a new product to sell to Eskimos, effectively selling them a 'snow substitute'.
    The interview was the most serious part of the day and, in my view, the most enjoyable. It was a chance for you to talk about your previous experiences and how they would prepare you for the role. A template series of questions were asked but the interview was very conversational, with an opportunity to interject throughout with any points you wished to make or questions you would like to ask. The interview was around fifteen minutes. This was a great chance for you to really make it clear why you wanted to work for the company and what you could offer.

Within a week, I then received a phone call providing me with feedback from the day and offering me the job. It was made clear to candidates on the day when they would likely hear back about if they had got the job so they weren't left in the dark.

The process felt very stress-free, and at each stage of assessment, I got more excited about the role. The company offer its clients peace of mind on all things HR, Health and Safety and Employment Law, but they also offered me peace of mind throughout the recruitment and interview process by providing clear information but in a fun and engaging way.

Interview Questions

• (Final Q - paraphrased) - overall, why should we hire you>   Answer Question

Internal Client Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmslow, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Citation (Wilmslow, England (UK)) in February 2018.

Interview

Ive been to many Interviews over the years and my interview with them yesterday was by far one of the best experences ive had as far as a interview goes in a long time. The whole team and the whole process made you feel very welcome and relaxed and every one was friendly.
    They even Fed us all and I have to say even that was very nice

Over all an exellent experince and Looks Like a Fantastic place to work so fingers crossed I get the jobs as its a Place id like to work

Office Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmslow, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citation (Wilmslow, England (UK)) in February 2019.

Interview

Informal chat in a buzzing office. Very welcoming. Two way process to help me understand more about the role and for them to get to know me a little. They were looking for personality as much as anything, as the company has a fun and friendly feel.

HR Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citation (Manchester, England (UK)) in July 2019.

Interview

The telephone interview involved several scenarios which I hadn’t had chance to prepare for due to the fact it wasn’t mentioned in the invite. I found the interviewer to be stern and almost questioned my answers even though I knew they were right. She made me feel very uncomfortable and in total contrast to the feel good, friendly atmosphere they promote in their adverts. Overall a negative experience not be to repeated and made me realise this call centre environment is not for me and I decided to withdraw my application.

Head of Consultancy Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmslow, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Citation (Wilmslow, England (UK)) in May 2019.

Interview

I was approached and invited to interview. First stage was a phone call, then second stage went to the Wilmslow office.
    My CV was dissected line by line which was unusual - I am more used to discussing relevant experience to the role. As such we ran out of time!
    I then waited over FOUR weeks for feedback. When i did finally get some it didnt really seem relevant to the interview.

Nice offices and people - perhaps the rate of growth is impacting the effiency of hiring.