City National Bank Interview Questions

Updated Feb 23, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 73 of over 73 interviews

Employee Referral19%
2.8
HardAverageEasy

City National Bank

Application

I interviewed at City National Bank

Interview

HR Rep contact; hiring manager interview. Slow to respond, but overall really good experience. They haven’t been transparent about salary which I’m not too thrilled about, but the company it self is repeatable.

Interview Questions
  • Familiar products that I currently work with
    Answer Question
1 person found this interview helpful

City National Bank

Application

I interviewed at City National Bank

Interview

you are to have a screening interview with HR first. After you make it to the next round, you will have a behavioral and technical interview with the hiring team.

Interview Questions
  • tell me about a time when you applied data analytics to an audit

City National Bank

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at City National Bank

Interview

Phone screen followed by Video interview, Very general interview, was good at trying to get to know me. Not too much to prepare for, just be yourself, should be okay.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

City National Bank

Application

I interviewed at City National Bank

Interview

old school stereotype managers looking for loyalty. the senior manager has been leading the interview process almost the entire time while leaving very little time for the direct hiring manager.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at City National Bank (Los Angeles, CA)

Interview

One phone interview and two in person. All were very brief (30 minutes to 1 hour). Everyone was nice. Questions were simple, asked general work experience questions. Took five weeks to schedule first in person interview

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

City National Bank

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at City National Bank

Interview

My interview took about 7 days and the final round was 3-4 hours but it was a virtual interview. I found it to be a good process as I got my feedback within a week.

Interview Questions
  • Q1: Name a time you had a difficult situation and how did you handle it?

City National Bank

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at City National Bank

Interview

Applied through Linkdin. Got call from recruiter and he asked what is the reason for applying the job and general questions. He scheduled interview with the hiring manager. They called for the 2nd interview with the team. They asked some behavioral questions, technical questions and datastructres

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at City National Bank (Los Angeles, CA) in Apr 2020

Interview

is City National Bank really an equal opportunity employer? A recruiter from Robert Half Technology contacted me by email regarding an SDET opportunity with City National Bank in Los Angeles. After a quick chat, she scheduled an interview a few days later with one of the SDETs at CNB. Until now, everything is normal. The day of the interview, I get a call from the interviewer who introduces himself and starts describing the position. Right when I started talking, barely ten seconds in, I get interrupted with a "sorry but I have to reschedule for tomorrow". I contacted the recruiter and complained about it. The recruiter tried to downplay it saying that I did not have anything to worry about and that the reason the interviewer called me was because he wanted to reschedule the interview. This did not make sense to me because the interviewer took the time to introduce himself and explain the role. It's only when I started talking that he stopped the interview. I never got a call back from the recruiter nor did CNB reschedule the meeting. I prefer that someone evaluates me on my competencies/skills rather than my origin.

City National Bank

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at City National Bank in Jan 2020

Interview

first round: HR interview: ask you to introduce yourself briefly then ask you some behavior questions, talk about the recruiting process and introduce the summer internship program. Finally, will ask you if you have any other questions for her

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at City National Bank (Los Angeles, CA) in Jan 2020

Interview

Submitted application with cover letter, received phone interview then was called in for a super day where there were 4, 30 minute interviews back to back with either one or two people from different divisions in the bank. Questions overall were mostly personality and fit while a couple were testing my knowledge of the financial statements with an emphasis on what to look for when loaning.

Interview Questions
  • Pretend you are a banker, what are some things you look for before you loan to them.
Viewing 1 - 10 of 73 Interviews