City National Bank Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Credit Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at City National Bank (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

The entire process took about 3 months. The HR department was extremely friendly and helpful. Phone interview.... one on one interview with the department manager....group interview with the CA.

Interview Questions

• knowledge with financial statements, lexis nexis, excel works, and commercial lending process   Answer Question

City National Bank Response

Dec 19, 2017 – City National Bank

Thank you for your feedback.

It is an exciting time at City National. Our partnership with RBC has allowed us to provide an even broader level of service to our clients and new opportunities for... More

Operational Risk Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at City National Bank (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online and received a call from HR about a week later. I had phone interviews with HR, the hiring manager, and a peer coworker. Then I had face-to-face interviews with the same individuals, as well as the department EVP. The process took about 2 months and I received the job offer.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to describe my prior work experience and how it would help me prepare for the new job.   Answer Question

Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beverly Hills, CA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at City National Bank (Beverly Hills, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Had two interviews. Relatively unstructured, easy to talk to, friendly. The first interview was a recruiting firm followed by the hiring manager. They provided excellent background on the firm and strategic goals.

Interview Questions

• Questions on my background, work history, and accomplishments.   Answer Question

Not sufficiently challenging role.

AP Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at City National Bank (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

It was an okay experience. The recruiter was so nice and understanding. Took the time to go over the company's history and was very responsive with emails and phone calls. Met with the Specialist, Lead, Controller, and Supervisor. The in-person interview lasted 2 hours. I had an hard time making a connection with the specialist and lead as they asked the questions, but did not really open the forum up for me to ask them questions. The Controller was okay, asked me the basics on my work experience. I connected well with the supervisor and was impressed with my work experience and was looking for someone that matched my skill set. Their system is a bit dated and was hesitant on whether or not if this was the best fit for me. My only negative is that they took way too long to make a decision.

Interview Questions

• How would you define out-of-pocket reimbursement?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at City National Bank (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied in December and only just got interviewed in February. Started with a phone interview, very basic questions, then got called in for an on-site interview. As for the on-site interview, I arrived late to the facility but they were very understanding and welcoming. The person I interviewed with was very kind, listened intently about projects I've done, and told me in great detail about what kind of projects were being done by their team and where I would be able to fit in. Also commented on my enthusiasm. Very smooth interview, nervous going in, but very relaxed coming out.

Interview Questions

• Tell me more about some of the projects you've done.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at City National Bank.

Interview

A couple of talks with HR and they asked what I was looking for as well showing me the different types of roles available in the company. Everyone that I talked to was helpful and easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at City National Bank (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

Contacted through campus career center, informed my resume was of interest. Met with campus recruiter on campus and most of the questions revolved around fit questions and questions about my relevant work experience.

Internal Audit Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at City National Bank in August 2017.

Interview

interviewed with three managers for an hour and half,
    the first interviewer is very nice,
    the second and the third are unprofessional since they trying to make fun of the first interviewer and told me that accounting knowledge doesnt help me in entering into internal audit jobs.
    They asked me about what my career goal is and something on my resume.
    They also felt very shock about the HR selected me for the interview process because they thought I disqualify.
    Now I understand how the company become acquired by another bank: arrogance and unprofessionalism.

Administrative Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at City National Bank (San Diego, CA).

Interview

It was a very quick process. I applied online and revived a call from the HR department about a week later. It was three interviews total : over the phone with HR, Over the phone with the hiring manager and in person with the office. It was very fast paced with the whole process taking about two weeks

Accounts Payable Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at City National Bank (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Are you a team player? Can you work overtime? Do you know how to process invoices and post cash receipts? Do you know how to set up a new vendor using W9 form? Can you create an expense report?

Interview Questions

• How many years experience do you have in accounting field?   Answer Question

Senior Credit Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at City National Bank (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Interview set up through a recruiter. Initially there was a phone interview with the HR contact. Then it moved on to a phone interview with the hiring manager. Next it progressed to a lunch interview with the Hiring Manager. Then an interview with one of the Commercial Banking EVP's. After that an interview with one of the Credit Managers in one of the loan production offices. At that point I turned down the position, but the Hiring Manager called me back addressed some concerns and asked me to reconsider the opportunity, which I did.
     Then I think there was a phone interview with one of the BDO's for the loan production office. Next I met with the BDO for an interview in a breakfast meeting. Then another fairly long and detailed meeting with the Hiring Manager, over a cup of coffee. At that point, an appointment was made to meet with another Credit Manager, and the Chief Credit Officer. However that meeting never occurred as the Hiring Manager emailed to ask about compensation, and the process broke down as I was already making more than what they could offer. This issue could have been fleshed out earlier, but the HR manager apparently didn't provide the Hiring Manager with my comp range provided by my recruiter early in the process. This process took around three months in total and probably could have been resolved in a matter of one phone call at the beginning.

Interview Questions

• After at least nine different phone and in-person discussions, I'm not sure that there was anything left undiscussed (other than compensation). They were quality questions from experienced bankers. Nothing was surprising or unexpected.   1 Answer