City National Bank Interview Questions | Glassdoor

City National Bank Interview Questions

Interviews at City National Bank

2.8

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at City National Bank.

Interview

My interview took about 7 days and the final round was 3-4 hours but it was a virtual interview. I found it to be a good process as I got my feedback within a week.

Interview Questions

• Q1: Name a time you had a difficult situation and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Programmer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at City National Bank.

Interview

Applied through Linkdin. Got call from recruiter and he asked what is the reason for applying the job and general questions. He scheduled interview with the hiring manager. They called for the 2nd interview with the team. They asked some behavioral questions, technical questions and datastructres

Interview Questions

• what is the difference between ArrayList and Hashtable ? How do you access them?   Answer Question
    • What is the difference between table variables and temp tables?   Answer Question
    • What are the types indexing in SQL?   Answer Question

Software Development Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at City National Bank (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2020.

Interview

is City National Bank really an equal opportunity employer?
    A recruiter from Robert Half Technology contacted me by email regarding an SDET opportunity with City National Bank in Los Angeles. After a quick chat, she scheduled an interview a few days later with one of the SDETs at CNB. Until now, everything is normal.
    The day of the interview, I get a call from the interviewer who introduces himself and starts describing the position. Right when I started talking, barely ten seconds in, I get interrupted with a "sorry but I have to reschedule for tomorrow". I contacted the recruiter and complained about it. The recruiter tried to downplay it saying that I did not have anything to worry about and that the reason the interviewer called me was because he wanted to reschedule the interview. This did not make sense to me because the interviewer took the time to introduce himself and explain the role. It's only when I started talking that he stopped the interview. I never got a call back from the recruiter nor did CNB reschedule the meeting.
    I prefer that someone evaluates me on my competencies/skills rather than my origin.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at City National Bank in January 2020.

Interview

first round: HR interview: ask you to introduce yourself briefly then ask you some behavior questions, talk about the recruiting process and introduce the summer internship program.
    Finally, will ask you if you have any other questions for her

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at City National Bank (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2020.

Interview

Submitted application with cover letter, received phone interview then was called in for a super day where there were 4, 30 minute interviews back to back with either one or two people from different divisions in the bank. Questions overall were mostly personality and fit while a couple were testing my knowledge of the financial statements with an emphasis on what to look for when loaning.

Interview Questions

• Pretend you are a banker, what are some things you look for before you loan to them.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at City National Bank.

Interview

First a phone interview with a college recruiter, who then referred me to a particular division that I would be best suited for. Then, I had an interview with the hiring managers on the phone.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at a bank, given your background?   Answer Question

Testing Analyst Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at City National Bank (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2019.

Interview

A phone interview that was very well done, with questions about my experience and skills. There were no abstract questions needing abstract answers. The interviewer said she was interviewing others and would let everybody know in a week about further interviews and that she would be the one getting back to us. And, she did.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume please, What do you bring to this job. What is your leadership style?   Answer Question

Relationship Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at City National Bank.

Interview

Application is very easy. The interview consists of a very straightforward interviewer and he/she is clear of expectations for interviewee if hired. Have a Positive Demeanor. Be able to answer questions accordingly and clearly.

Vice President Senior Business Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at City National Bank (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2019.

Interview

I was recruited from previous interviews and called back for multiple interviews for new positions. Each new recruitment scenario got worse and worse from not meeting the recruiter (too busy), paying my own parking each time because they didn’t offer to reimburse, asking why I applied when they recruited me, to not returning any calls and emails simply asking for a job status. In the end it was the most unprofessional recruitment experience I’ve had in 26 years.

It’s too bad because I really loved the hiring managers, but if the company is any reflection of their recruitment process I’m glad it didn’t pan out.

Interview Questions

• Why I wanted the job (they recruited me)?   1 Answer
    • Asked about gap in jobs during the recession.   Answer Question
    • Asked how I would handle difficult people (they seem to have a lot starting with recruitment).   Answer Question

City National Bank Response

Sep 23, 2019 – City National Bank

Thank you so much for your feedback.

I’m sorry to hear that your experience wasn’t great. What you describe is not in line with our standard practice, which includes keeping in touch throughout the process and paying for parking at both our locations in downtown LA.

Please call me if you would like to discuss further. I would appreciate hearing more about your experience.

Kathryn Keene
    SVP, Talent Acquisition Manager
    213-673-8690

Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at City National Bank.

Interview

Submitted application online. Waited for about a month, received call from HR to schedule phone interview. After phone interview with HR and then face-to-face interview with hiring manager and her manager.