Clark Construction Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 7, 2017

2.6

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I interviewed at Clark Construction Group (Chicago, IL) in September 2017.

Interview

I went to the Chicago office for an interview with two of the people I would be working with and it was a straight forward interview. Just research the company ahead of time so that you have an idea of what market sectors they are excited about and how you can fit the position well.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Clark Construction Group (Bethesda, MD) in March 2017.

Interview

Phone and then 2 1/4 hour in person interview, met with two VPs who were encouraging, positive. The discussion was extensive covering the project they were hiring for and my relative experience.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Clark Construction Group.

Interview

After talking with Clark at my university, I was invited to their office. When I arrived, I met with two employees (one of whom was a last minute addition). Neither interviewer seemed particularly enthusiastic about their work and one even asked why I wanted to work in "such a high stress industry." In between interviews, I was left alone in a conference room for 40 minutes. I then went on a site visit where many of the management team I met with seemed hesitant about talking about their position in general or spent most of the time talking about negatives. Compared to the other 5 interviews I had in the area, this was by far the worst.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in this industry when it takes so much time and is so stressful?   Answer Question

Executive Assistant (Bethesda, MD) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Clark Construction Group (Bethesda, MD) in December 2016.

Interview

I found listing on SimplyHired.com but thought it was strange from the beginning (and still do) as the job continues to post as NEW every hour on the hour, and has been for over two months now. I think they are just weeding through a LOT of candidates in search of who-knows-what! Did go in for an interview, and first HR person I met with had all names of current candidates written on white board in office that I could easily see. There was also a stack of resumes on desk. Then when I interviewed with VP, half of interview spent with VP listing all of Clark's projects. Kinda strange vibe going on.

Interview Questions

• They were worried that the commute would be too much for me as I did not live in Bethesda, and they told me Bethesda traffic could be pretty bad. How do you respond to this? I seriously think employers should leave commuting issues to the interviewees. If interviewee did not think it was a viable commute, they would not be there!   1 Answer

Civil Engineer (Project Engineer) Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Clark Construction Group.

Interview

I was interviewed on-campus by two people separately. Each person interviewed me for 30 minutes. It was not a technical interview. They mainly asked me questions about the project I was currently working on and how that experience would apply to working for the Company. I also had the opportunity to ask questions about the position.

Interview Questions

• The questions were about my experiences.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Clark Construction Group (Bethesda, MD) in November 2016.

Interview

From the day I applied to the day I had my interview was about 2 weeks. I submitted my application online. About a week later I was emailed to take there virtual interview where the screen gives you a question and you answer it by talking into the webcam. The responses are recorded and you have 60-90 seconds to answer the four questions. Then I was emailed two days after to go to the headquarters in Bethesda, Maryland for an all day event/interview (8:30am to 4:30pm). They paid for my flight and hotel stay.

In the morning, all the candidates were split into two groups. One half went to tour a job site in Washington D.C. and the other half started their interviews. Then at noon, everyone met back up at the headquarters for lunch. After lunch, the group that had interviews switched and toured the job site in the afternoon, and the group that toured the job site had their interviews in the afternoon. There were 4 interviews all lasting 45 minutes each. They were one on one interviews with various employees that had the same position in your career path (office engineer, superintendent, project manager, etc.). The interviews were more conversational instead of the interviewer asking questions and you're the one answering. It was very back and forth and relaxing. Be prepared to talk about your resume, why clark, why construction. Any experiences you have try to tie them into construction management and/or general contracting.

After the interviews, they bring you back upstairs and the HR recruiters tell you that we will let you know something in 2 weeks, whether we offer you or not you will hear something back.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Clark Construction Group (Washington, DC) in November 2016.

Interview

Met at a career fair. Was contacted soon after for web recording interview. Then invited down for full day. Half the day was spent doing interviews. Then we visited job sites to get a sense for what they were working on.

Interview Questions

• They mainly asked about my experiences. More a get to know you conversation to make sure you're a good fit.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Clark Construction Group (Bethesda, MD) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online and via school career fair and was invited to complete the initial video-recorded answers to basic questions about myself and why I was applying. I was then invited down to a day at the Bethesda Headquarters. All of us there for the interviews met with our personal HR rep and some older employees. We then split up into rooms where we had 4 45 minute interviews with a variety of employees, generally on the younger side. The essentially just wanted to have conversations with us to get a picture of if you're an intelligent human being capable of doing the job, as well as if you're really interested in the position and would excel. After the 4 interviews, we had lunch, and then took the Metro on out to a job site to get a full tour of everything going on there. When we got back to the HQ, we were told we'd hear back within two weeks, which I did.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions about yourself, resume, experiences, why Clark Construction etc   Answer Question

Civil Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Clark Construction Group (Bethesda, MD) in November 2016.

Interview

Clark came to college career fair and reached out the following week for a first stage interview. This interview was done online. Questions were asked and timed answers were recorded. After the first stage, Clark offered a onsite interview where I got to visit their main office in DC. I have four interviews in the office and then they took me to a construction site. On the site, I had two more interviews.

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ithaca, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Clark Construction Group (Ithaca, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

On campus interview, followed by a video interview. The in person interview was great, and the interviewer was extremely friendly. The video interview is uncomfortable because you talk at a webcam and only 20 seconds to prepare. I personally did not enjoy this style of interview because you cannot read the interviewers reaction and adjust accordingly.