Clark Nexsen Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.2

Sort:

Intern Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Clark Nexsen (Charlotte, NC) in March 2012.

Interview

Very corporate process for selecting candidates, with an interesting anonomous portfiolio evaluation systyem. Long waits of 4-6 weeks or more for information on selection. However, once the interview came, it was very low pressure and somewhat informal. Only one in person interview was required, and it was apparent the portfolio + resume review process pretty much decides who will get the offer, assuming the in-person interview isnt't a wreck.

Interview Questions

• None really. Very typical. It seems that personality and ability to communicate are a priority.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was done over the phone, and seemed inflexible for this level of position. However, it was a substantially more generous offer than multiple others for the same position type to begin with.

Architect Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Clark Nexsen in March 2012.

Interview

The application and portfolio review is a long process. The interview itself was short and casual. There was only one interviewer, the department head. He was accommodating and easy to talk with. He graciously offered a tour of the studio and some introductions to staff. The questions he asked were not unusual or anything unexpected. It was a very straight-forward, non-trick interview.

Interview Questions

• What software do you consider yourself proficient in?   1 Answer

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Clark Nexsen (Norfolk, VA) in June 2008.

Interview

I was recommended by a former employee that moved to Clark Nexsen and initially had an interview with the Director of Marketing and then the President of the company. Clark Nexsen had an excellent reputation for their benefits, culture and at the higher end of the scale for compensation. I learned very quickly after speaking with the president of the company and learning about the culture and the company as well as benefits their reputation held true. They put a lot of weight into personality testing and education about the same. They have a person on staff that administers the Myers-Briggs test, evaluates your answers, provides seminars to then explain the results to new employees. In addition, they do team building exercises, etc. within departments to promote a cohesive environment. CN is a very employee oriented company not only with benefits but with promoting a healthy balance between work and home. Overall, just an excellent company to work for.

Negotiation

Unfortunately when I interviewed for the position I would say I was not very savy with salary negotiations. I did ask for a much higher salary than I was making at the time figuring I had nothing to lose and actually was given a little more than what I was looking for. Again, kind of reinforcing their reputation of being on the high end of salaries in the area. Advice for others would be to shoot high (especially if you have no real concern of whether you actually get the job) and negotiate as necessary. In general, always a good practice to ask high giving you more room for negotiation.

Mechanical Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Clark Nexsen (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

They selected me via online application and emailed me to confirm for a Telephonic Interview. After which they sent an email confirming my internship by sending an offer letter.

Interview Questions

• Describe your experience and projects mentioned in the resume.   1 Answer

Bridge Inspector Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Clark Nexsen in April 2016.

Interview

Information was provided about what the company does, what they are looking for, the requirements for the position and the amount of travel expected. Very little questions were directed to me as if they were already not interested. Did not get a good feel about it. I was told I will be contacted later but that seems doubtful.

Interview Questions

• If I felt comfortable with the job requirements   1 Answer

Seniopr Plumbing Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Clark Nexsen (Norfolk, VA).

Interview

Sent in my resume on line. Phone interview for person interview

Transportation Interview

Anonymous Employee in Blacksburg, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Clark Nexsen (Blacksburg, VA) in January 2018.

Interview

No technical questions. They are mostly interested in how you interact with others as you will be communicating with people from other offices via Skype. It was very relaxed and informal. I only had one phone interview, no in-person interview.

Although it took several months to receive an interview after applying, it took less than a week after the interview to get an acceptance letter.

Interview Questions

• What classes are you taking? What are your favorites? experience with AutoCAD and Microstation? Community Involvement?   Answer Question

Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Clark Nexsen (Raleigh, NC) in March 2018.

Interview

Overall, this was one of my favorite interviews. Lots of questions, but the interviewer did a good job of clarifying and making it feel more like a conversation than a list of questions.

Structural Interview

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Clark Nexsen (Virginia Beach, VA) in January 2017.

Interview

It was a telephonic interview. They asked about my research, my coursework and whether I have EIT or not. They were really nice while talking. They inform us about the results within a couple of weeks.