Clever Devices Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 21, 2017

2.9

Sr. Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Clever Devices (Raleigh, NC) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied Online. Got an email from HR along with a questionnaire and programming test. After sending the answered questionnaire and the test then they scheduled a phone screen with HR. HR asked general question about background and salary expectations and gave some info about the company. Later scheduled an interview with the director. Lot of behavioral questions and asked about how many years of experience in each listed skill.At the end told a technical phone screen will be scheduled. Next day got an email saying there is no position available for suited for my background. All the info about my background is in the resume. I still don't understand that if they don't have a suitable position then why did they waste my time sending the programming test and questionnaire.I strongly feel they should respect the candidate's time.

Interview Questions

Clever Devices Response

Mar 28, 2017 – Managing Director, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your feedback. Please feel confident that we have the utmost respect for our candidates time, and for the unique abilities and skill each candidate brings to the table. Our technical... More

Production Bench Technician Interview

Interview

I submitted many resumes for the Production Bench Technician position the past couple of months but have not received a phone call or email. I have done a lot of research regarding this company and I know I will be great asset and team member as I have knowledge and experience in technology including hardware and software also I have great customer relations. I have many years working at mass transit locations. I like to know who I can reach out to so I can have a interview?
    Clever Devices is a great company and I will be a great asset to this organisation.

Interview Questions

• I am looking forward to the interview with there great team.   1 Answer

Mar 28, 2017 – Managing Director, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your feedback. We receive a high volume of resumes and do our best to properly evaluate each candidate's skill set. At times, there may be skills or experiences that other candidates... More

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Clever Devices in February 2017.

Interview

Met them at school's career fair. Recruiter said I seemed a good fit and would contact me. Set up phone interview via email. Interviewer asked a lot of questions about Java concepts rather than data structures related questions which was unexpected.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Clever Devices (Miami, FL).

Interview

Clever Devices' HR contacted me from an application I put in through LinkedIn. They scheduled a phone interview which went smoothly and well. Next they scheduled two more interviews; a phone one and an in person one. The HR team was very helpful with scheduling interviews that worked with my schedule. The second interview was a phone one which again asked me to explain my background and had some behavioral questions. The third interview was an in person interview that also asked me to elaborate on the work I had been involved in. HR quickly responded within a couple of days after the third interview to schedule me to go visit their headquarters in NY. They booked the flight, hotel and transportation for the visit. Three days before the trip they sent me an email stating that the position had already been filled. The abrupt change in plans was strange considering they had been organized up to that point. Something was internally fishy about this last minute announcement. It didn't sound genuine. I would suggest them being better organized to not waste potential employees times.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable with the amount of travel for this position?   Answer Question

Executive Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbury, NY

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Clever Devices (Woodbury, NY).

Interview

The process began with a brief phone call followed by an in-person interview. Questions asked were straight forward. The emphasis was whether the candidate's skills would translate for the position available. It would appear the company is undergoing significant change as they continue to grow. The lack of having prior procedures and policies in place has seemed to cause a sense of frustration.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Clever Devices (New York, NY).

Interview

Get ready for the gauntlet
    I interviewed for a Sr IT Project Manager position
    I am a PMP having managed infrastructure and IT integration projects for 20+ years.

Interview was arranged by my recruiter.. I expected the usual: 45 mins and possibly a meet with the next level exec.
    No, this was almost four hours.
    The process:
    You are placed in a cramped hot office.  Seated in a small uncomfortable chair (I am 6' 3").
    1. Meet with a VP. They tell you about the company, you tell your story then a short q and a.
    2. Meet with a Sr Director. They tell you about the company, you tell your story then a short q and a.
    3. Meet with a Director: They tell you about the company, you tell your story then a short q and a.
    4. Then, in comes a Program Manager who is obviously also an engineer. I was asked technical questions about GPS and transportation technology that clearly - as my resume shows - I have no experience with.
    I was also asked some PMI questions, a set up. These questions were from material I forgot the day after I took (and passed) the PMP exam. Obviously, after three hours in the cramped office, and the interviewers terse attitude, this last session was meant to rattle me.
    I didn't expect this at all.
    5. I was askeded to wait for the next interviewer. After 40 minutes, I was told that they were finished. No one else will interview me.
    I was escorted out.

Note: if you are a veteran (I thank you), don't expect any questions about your service. I served five years USN - radio ops, electronics and teletype repair. Foward deployed thirty six months.
    I was not asked asked one question about my military rxperience.

One interviewer told me I may hear back in a month.
    The VP stated that retention is Job 1. If this is an indicator of how they treat people, I can see why there's a frenzy to hire.

My recruiter was surprised to hear about this interview. He was apoligetic.
    He's not my recruiter anymore.

Jun 29, 2016 – Managing Director, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your comments. We understand our interview process can be stringent, and it is always a difficult balance to have it all done in one day versus coming back multiple times. We are also... More

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Clever Devices (Washington, DC) in May 2016.

Interview

10 minutes of are you ok with doing this....that. They were mostly concerned about how I felt if required to report to work at odd hours. I was shown how the software works and what role I would have which was right up my ally. I was also given a laptop to do such work on. I never even got a chance to turn it on as I was tasked daily with other odd jobs.

Interview Questions

• Are you ok with random reporting hours to work, Like 4am?   1 Answer

Jun 16, 2016 – Managing Director, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your review. It is always helpful to hear how candidates feel about our interview process. We are delighted you have chosen a career at Clever Devices, and are positive you will enjoy... More

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Clever Devices (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

Telephone interview, followed by take-home assignment, then in person interview. Interview questions were OK (not very difficult, but not that easy either) . Take home was about about data structure and algorithms such as finding prime number, repeating chars in strings, etc. In house interview with 3 people in the final round. Also had an interview with VP.

Interview Questions

Clever Devices Response

Feb 8, 2016 – Director, HR Business Partner

Thank you for posting about our interview process. I'm glad to hear it was a positive experience, please feel free to reach out if you need anything. When we're working with agencies, we do most... More

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woodbury, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Clever Devices (Woodbury, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

While the interview process moved quickly, I did meet multiple people in the company. I had a few phone interviews, followed by 3 rounds of in-person interviews with people ranging from a counterpart/peer to the CEO. The interview team was flexible with their schedules to accommodate the fact that I was working. The interviewers each had a different style, but I found them all to be pleasant, and knowledgeable about the company.

Interview Questions

• There was an expectation that I had done a thorough job of researching the company and their products, which I had done.   Answer Question

Service Tech Interview

Interview

First step phone hen face to face the they will email you an offer letter it takes about 2 weeks then they will train you on there products. Then after they will give you truck and tools need for the job.