Climate Interview Questions

Updated Apr 8, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 147 of over 147 interviews

Recruiter16%
Employee Referral5%
HardAverageEasy

Climate

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Climate in Mar 2022

Interview

1. HR Call (describe position and role) 2. 1hr technical phone screen (Coding Interview) 3. 5 hour Onsite: 2 Coding Interview, 1 System design , 1 Hiring Manager, 1 Behavioral Round

Interview Questions
  • Easy and Medium Leet Code Questions, Resume Questions , Leadership Principles Questions
    Answer Question

Climate

Application

I interviewed at Climate

Interview

one hour white board coding on python, pandas, SQL; standard process, not too hard; both manager and program lead are there; asked about past working experience; very friendly interview process; only one round of interview.

Interview Questions
  • Q: what do you dislike the most about your past working experience

The latest conversations about Tech

60 Comments

Tech

235.1K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Interviews&utm_content=Industry-content-integrated-Interviews&utm_term=Climate~486612
Join the conversation on

Climate

Application

I interviewed at Climate

Interview

Varias entrevistas con muchas personas variadas pero siempre acerca de mi propia experiencia laboral y mi trayectoria. Siempre fue importante recalcar como mi experiencia y formación esta vinculada al puesto que estaba aplicando

Interview Questions
  • Describir tu camino laboral e intentar vincularlo con el puesto al que aplicas

Climate

Application

I interviewed at Climate

Interview

Standard coding questions, behavioral questions and questions about my resume/experience. All interviewers asked me why Climate and what is so exciting about the opportunity. All in all it was a challenging interview and the interviewers were all very accommodating.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Climate

Application

I interviewed at Climate

Interview

They sought me out from LinkedIn or somewhere, their name is climate company but they are some kind of agriculture data company. The recruiter was super aggressive, short-talking, and looking down on my resume. I asked him if the hiring manager would be willing to do the take-home exam so that I can do it in the evening or the weekend, recruiter said we don't do take-home assignments, I said I am not interested.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Climate

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Climate

Interview

1. Recruiter call, 2. phone screen with manager, 3. simple descriptive stats coding screen with pandas, and finally 4. a three hour on-site with a presentation and QA, followed by a "quantitative reasoning" assessment, and last a soft skills call with another manager. Overall okay, but the quantitative assessment was no code and vague, with not enough information given to know what kind of answer/narrative they were looking for.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Climate (San Francisco, CA) in Nov 2021

Interview

The official job title was "Geospatial Data Scientist". The interview process took about 2 months with 7-10 days between each round. I applied through their website and after writing a detailed cover letter the recruiter emailed me after 2 hours of application submission. From there the rounds were as follows: 1. Recruiter screen (30 mins): Explaining the job description to me, and going over my resume very quickly. 2. Hiring manager screen (30 mins): Hiring manager going through my resume and asking behavioral questions as well. 3. Technical Screen (60 mins): Coding interview with scientists on the Science team. 30 minutes using pandas to describe data and general data related questions. Since this was for geospatial data scientist the second part involved using geopandas to make some plots and manipulate geospatial data. 4. Onsite interview involving three interviews: A) Quantitative reasoning (75 mins): Technical interview involving machine learning and modeling using a dataset (only reasoning no coding). B) Presentation (60mins): 30 minutes presentation of a relevant past project and 30 minutes of Q&A with other data scientists C) Hiring manager (30 mins): Behavioral and cultural fit questions with another hiring manger. Recruiters were very communicative and helpful. The interviewers were also smart and accommodating.

Interview Questions
  • Describe data set with pandas. Make plots using geopandas. How would you learn label y given a set of predictors that are described.
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Climate (San Francisco, CA) in Nov 2021

Interview

I was contacted by the company recruiter explaining to me about requirements and how my profile fits their requirements and if I was interested in moving forward and interviews were scheduled. There were 6 rounds of interviews, 3 coding rounds, 2 technical discussions and a round with the engineering manager. After investing so much time I didn’t receive even a one line reply from the company, it would have been fine if I was told that the company decided to move forward with some other candidate but the HRs lacked that decency. I never experienced this in 15 years of my career and having worked in many roles in different countries and then I looked up reviews and I got my answers as to why. I wished I had seen the reviews before the interview and I learned my lesson to not agree to any interview without looking up company reviews online. I am just glad I dodged the bullet

Interview Questions
  • Questions around experience and some leet code easy to medium challenges

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Climate (Chicago, IL) in Oct 2021

Interview

The process was very relaxed and I was comfortable through the entire process. The interviewer asked very general questions to get an idea of my energy, what I bring, and what I expect.

Interview Questions
  • Work experience and situations. What do you look for in a position? Stressful situation skills?

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Climate (Saint Louis, MO) in Aug 2021

Interview

Fairly standard interviewing process. First was the initial recruiter contact, followed by an interview with the hiring manager, then a technical interview with an engineer, and finally followed by a series of behavioral interviews with people across the company.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 147 Interviews

Climate Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Climate as 42.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.96 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Senior Software Engineer and Software Engineer(Internship) rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Software Engineer and Data Scientist roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Climate takes an average of 26 days when considering 158 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Software Engineer had the quickest hiring process (on average 18 days), whereas Quantitative Researcher roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 36 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Climate according to 158 Glassdoor interviews include:

Phone Interview: 34.15%