KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Technical Account Manager

60 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "The people are great.(in 41 reviews)
  • "Great benefits and HR worked super hard to give us a better package(in 19 reviews)
  • "Great work/life balance(in 11 reviews)
  • "Great office in a good location (3rd and market).(in 8 reviews)
  • "There was free food every day which came from actual restaurants around the Bay Area.(in 8 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Climate and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Awesome co-workers

Apr 13, 2022 - Lead Data Engineer in Lansing, MI
    Business Outlook

Pros

Encourages further learning and career development.

Cons

Could have more competitive salary and total benefits.

2. 4.0

Great Mission and Co-workers

Jun 8, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Everyone is here to increase sustainable farming and feed a growing population. Critical in these times - The people are collaborative, thoughtful, and caring. They go out of their way to help you succeed - It is safe to run experiments and learn here - There is a renewed focus on sustainable solutions - carbon, ecosystems, and more

Cons

The company is going through a transition to focus on more impact integrating with Bayer. The changes are important, but change is hard.

3. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Fun place to work

Jun 29, 2022 - Engineering Manager in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

People, culture and the work

Cons

Leadership , retention challenges, Bayer Acquisition

4. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great People and Work-Life Balance, Troubled Organization

May 19, 2022 - Software Engineer, Backend in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great work life balance, easy and flexible hours. Really nice people, not political. As a less experienced engineer, I got tons of opportunities to lead projects and gain valuable experience. Pay is pretty good for expectations of how much to work, but the promotion schedule is a bit rigid and slow.

Cons

Bayer, the parent company, keeps placing more roadblocks to prevent engineers from doing their job effectively. Pace of actual development progress is slow. Management does a poor job of communicating strategy and getting buy-in for decision making. Inability to hire and retain talented engineers.

3 people found this review helpful
  5. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Went downhill with Bayer

Jan 18, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good understanding people with decent work-life balance. The 401K matching is the best I've seen at total 10% match. Lots of career opportunities since people are leaving left and right.

Cons

Everything went downhill in 2021. Bayer took over everything from projects to tools. We had to migrate from G-suites and Slack to Microsoft and Yammer. The transition of all these services was atrociously handled and people would have to spend 60% of their work time trying to solve IT issues. Climate IT did their best, but so much was out of their hands. Bayer leadership did not ask or listen to the feedback from Climate counterparts. Most if not all of the people who have left or are leaving are leaving for two main reasons; The time and energy wasted due to migration issues, or because of all the people who already left due to the migration. If Climate is not completely shut down/absorbed by Bayer in the next year they will truly have to start from scratch as no one will be left at this point. Who would have thought our days with Monsanto would have been better?

9 people found this review helpful
  6. 5.0

Interesting work, great culture

Dec 2, 2021 - Lead Data Scientist
    Business Outlook

Pros

I get to work on the most interesting and challenging problems in data science. We do real predictive modeling, no "click-counting." I work with intelligent and thoughtful coworkers and managers. Managers encourage ownership of work/concepts and creativity; not much micromanaging or checking boxes happening on my team. There is room for growth and promotion (both technical and people-lead paths), and managers actively help you grow. Compensation can be great, but meaningful raises often require negotiation (which has been a surprisingly positive experience so far). Work-life balance here cannot be beat. The culture within my organization and especially my team cannot be beat.

Cons

There is some disconnect across organizations that slows the progress of research making it in to production. Several strategic shifts and re-orgs over the past few years have left us with some tech debt. The acquisition by Bayer has caused some headaches (not least of which is the IT integration), all of which has led to increased turnover. There is the usual political BS at higher levels (but ICs are mostly protected from this). HR is a pretty inaccessible org in my experience, and seems to be overworked and/or understaffed lately.

7. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Unchallenging, uninspired, easy to screw around and get paid

Apr 28, 2022 - Senior Software Engineer in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Managers aren't watching ICs very closely, so this could be an easy place to be "over employed" - Pay is average for the industry - Pace is slow, so you can work for an hour that day and be the most productive member of your team.

Cons

- You have to play politics. Everything is politics. - Contractors are basically doing everything. - No real projects; just tech debt all the time. - The folks who built most of the FieldView products have long since left the company, so good luck figuring out how to support that. And since leadership is afraid to do any new features, those products are languishing.

6 people found this review helpful
  8. 1.0

Frustration

Jun 7, 2022 - Senior Product Manager in Saint Louis, MO
    Business Outlook

Pros

Agriculture is an amazing business Free lunch Nothing else

Cons

Poor leadership team. Very bad environment right now. A huge turnover of employees over the last 4 years. Slow capacity of delivering new features and products. Waterfall way of working

3 people found this review helpful
  9. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great place to work

Apr 12, 2022 - Manager - Data Science in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great people and a great mission.

Cons

Could use more leadership with tech experience.

10. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Getting better,slowly

Apr 8, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Recent leadership changes may improve company culture Efforts are being made to correct morale issues

Cons

Still many disconnects across org- between and amongst leadership levels Direction remains unclear Need to offer 100% remote working

Viewing 1 - 10 of 188 Reviews

Climate Reviews FAQs

Climate has an overall rating of 3.2 out of 5, based on over 242 reviews left anonymously by employees. 60% of employees would recommend working at Climate to a friend and 44% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -12% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Climate employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.2 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Climate. This rating has decreased by -11% over the last 12 months.

60% of Climate employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Climate 3.9 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.2 for culture and values and 3.2 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Climate to be career development, benefits, coworkers and the cons to be management, senior leadership, culture.

Popular Careers with Climate Job Seekers