CoStar Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

CoStar Group Interview Questions

Updated Feb 10, 2018

2.5

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CoStar Group.

Interview

Process was direct and simple, apply online, got contacted in days, had a couple phone conversations/emails, then an in person interview a week or two later (meet with a few different people, mixed bag). Dodged questions including ones about about career advancement which is a red flag to me, but ymmv.
    Mentioned over and over how competitive and score driven the role is but the criteria is how many phone calls you make in a day/week/month and whether you follow the right script. Felt like they cared more about whether you'd be a "power player" calling hundreds of numbers a day than anything else you had to say.

Interview Questions

• basic stuff: why do you want to work for costar, what do you know about commercial real estate, are you ready/motivated to work in a competitive environment with heavy metrics, tell me about a time you helped a company you worked for succeed   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CoStar Group.

Interview

Initial phone screening followed by in-person interview. They seemed very focused on people who were actually interested in real estate and research, and I believe they were concerned about turnover.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself working in 3 years? In the Real Estate Industry? At CoStar?   Answer Question

Senior Software QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at CoStar Group (Irvine, CA) in January 2018.

Interview

The HR from company contacted me for interview. HR called me to understand my skill set. The next day she setup phone interview. After the phone interview next day was 3 hours face to face interview.

Interview Questions

• Some general technical question based on selenium, SQL and test methodologies.   1 Answer
    • If the production release happens and there is a defect slipped in into the production, what if the manager gets mad on you for bad product quality?   1 Answer

Portfolio Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CoStar Group in January 2018.

Interview

Three stages: side by side, 2:1 and 1:1; all done in 2 hours. They did not ask a lot of questions, rather relied on my questions to direct the conversation.

Vice President Interview

Interview

Very slow and borderline unprofessional experience. Whole process took 3-4 months, with the bottleneck being getting a final buy-in from the CEO (who's not the hiring manager). Scheduled with the CEO on 4 different appointments and got last-minute cancellations and reschedule requests. On the last reschedule I mentioned to the recruiter that I now have a different offer on the table, and request if they can expedite this - and ended up not hearing back, at all. Very poor way to treat candidates who have spent time on the whole process, but perhaps this is a blessing in disguise as it makes my decision to accept the other offer a lot easier!

Makes me wonder the culture and process of the company if everything is reliant on the CEO, with other "executives" not able to move forward and make their own decision. Granted this is for a VP position but I bet you if I am interviewing with Mark Zuckerberg or Tim Cook they would arrange their calendar no problem, or empower their team to do the right thing.

Photographer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CoStar Group in November 2017.

Interview

The manager gently described the roles of the position. No hard questions, fast respond on email. The manager gently described the roles of the position. No hard questions, fast respond on email.

Interview Questions

• Introduce your self
      Why costar   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at CoStar Group (Richmond, VA) in October 2017.

Interview

Human Resource Manager was very informative about the company and the interview process, current research associate was exceptional about explaining job responsibilities and deliverables, Hiring Manager was hostile and emphasized they needed positive people in the workplace which really set up a red flag.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a positive attitude?   1 Answer

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CoStar Group.

Interview

You first shadow a research associate, who explains the process of contacting brokers. After, you are expected to engage in a mock phone call. This is followed by the interview, which consists of typical interview questions and lasts around half an hour.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CoStar Group (Washington, DC).

Interview

Initially had a phone screen with a recruiter after I submitted a resume. Average phone screen, asked about back ground, asked about expected salary. Scheduled interview for one week later.

First, met with a current research associate and went over her day to day. Listened to a few calls that she made and then made a mock call of my own to another associate about. For the call the you are given a script to read off of. Next, met with two managers. Pretty standard interview. Reviewed my resume and background, asked why Costar, why real estate. Standard. At the end met with the VP of Research, closed with a recap and any questions I may have.

Senior Mobile Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at CoStar Group (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

Phone interview that talked about previous experience. Quickly moved to three hours on site interview with 1 tech interviewer and 2 managers. Overall good interview experience. Overall good interview experience.

Interview Questions

• Given a mutable array and index. Output an array that any value smaller than the value of array[index] to the left side. Required optimal solution.   Answer Question