CoStar Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

1. Featured Interview

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CoStar Group (San Diego, CA) in October 2019.

Interview

It was a pretty straight forward interview process for an entree level, it was technical and I prepared for it pretty well. It was C# and some API calls and methods were involved. very friendly interviewers.

Data Analyst Interview

Interview

An intro Phone call, take home SQL, Excel quiz, pretty easy but didn't get a call back since they said they weren't in a rush in hiring. Very small team but seem chill people

Interview Questions

• a lot of behavior questions and asked about my career goals and projects on my resume   Answer Question

Technology Interview

Interview

A behavioral interview on campus followed by two days on site. There was only one interview on site. It was a soft technical interview. No coding, but questions about design choices and frameworks.

Interview Questions

• what's the difference between an interface and an abstract class?   Answer Question

Tenant Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CoStar Group (Richmond, VA) in February 2020.

Interview

The hiring process was easy, the company is looking to expand. If you have past experience with speaking on the phone I would highlight that aspect. I had a 25 minute phone call and then was invited to the Richmond office for an in person interview. I met with HR (they have good benefits)! Then you do a mock phone call with a current tenant research associate. Day ended with a behavioral interview with two managers

Interview Questions

• They asked me how to sort an excel spreadsheet (using advanced settings)   Answer Question

Tenant Surveyor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at CoStar Group.

Interview

Started with phone interview with very general background questions. Asked about work history as well as personal background. Asked about qualities you bring to the table. All of the interviews were one on one.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to do something against the rules?   Answer Question

Web Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CoStar Group.

Interview

Phone interview was easy, then had a long in person interview. The manager and senior developers I talked to were not that up to date with technology. They were using anti-patterns when they showed me their answers once I showed them mine. It felt like they were poaching my ideas that I had when showing them my way of doing things. Then the other developers interviewed me; most if not all were not very good developers from what I could gather from what questions they were asking me.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CoStar Group.

Interview

They reached out to me, initial phone Interview, then round of people brought in for a "mock call" and sorting an excel document and 1 on 1 with current employee where they grade you and give you the thumbs up or down for the manager who will interview you after that. Get your answer in less than a week after.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at CoStar Group in December 2019.

Interview

Applied through a referral. Recruiter and on-site interviews took place within 2 weeks. Recruiter is based in DC headquarters while in person took place in Ontario, CA.
    Recruiter followed up every step with an email.

Interview Questions

• Share a time where you had to face a challenge and what steps did you take to overcome it?   Answer Question

Sales Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CoStar Group (New York, NY).

Interview

OK for the phone interview however the second interview with two sales managers felt more like an interogation and too one-side in favor of the interviewers. The two sales managers wouldn't completely answer a few questions and seemed to give very vague answers. In the end, a former colleague from interviewers former firm was hired.

Customer Success Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Interview

easy, better to get an interview if you know someone working there. be prepared to be one on one with the manager and then a panel of the higher-ups interviewing you.

Technical Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CoStar Group (Washington, DC) in November 2019.

Interview

Ageism is OK at CoStar! Started with phone interview then flew me to DC for 6hr onsite. Higher level morning session, lunch at Thai Restaurant with team, dive into SQL and C# syntax in afternoon. Didn't get any feedback onsite but 3 days later got bot generated rejection email. Later recruiter sent email indicating hiring manager was concerned I would not be "the best long term fit". Long term sounds very ageist - I'm 55 so I guess that means they wanted someone younger. Unfortunately I can't make myself younger and this type of ageist discrimination is very common. DC hotel they put me in tried to charge me for room instead of CoStar and CoStar has still not reimbursed me for incidental expenses incurred during interview (food, metro, parking) and they won't reply to phone call or email. Shame on CoStar.

Interview Questions

• Want to know your interest outside of work.   1 Answer