CoStar Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 23, 2018

2.5

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CoStar Group (Washington, DC) in April 2018.

Interview

After applying through LinkedIn, I was contacted by a recruiter via email to set up a phone screen. This was the standard, "make sure you can form complete sentences," and I was then asked to come in for a in-person interview. I met one-on-one with the manager of the department I was interviewing for. This was very informal, as I was asked to describe my experience, without getting much of a chance to do so. She was very informative about the company, but seemed less interested in listening to what I had to say. I am also of the mindset that the candidate doesn't need to know every intricate detail until they are actually hired... but it did help me understand what that specific department does for the company. During the interview, I was shown a piece of paper with notes from my phone screen dubbing me a "more junior level" candidate. My prior experience is more specialized than the position I was applying for, so needless to say that felt like a slap in the face. Aside from this comment, my negative rating is based on the post-interview "process," or lack thereof. My interview was on a Friday, and I sent a follow up email the following Monday. I was told that I would hear from the recruiter as soon as she knew something. Over a week later I finally sent an email asking for an update (after seeing the same position posted again on LinkedIn) and was told that they were moving forward with another candidate. In my opinion, the recruiter has just as much of a responsibility to the candidate as the company. If a candidate takes the time to come in for an interview, the basic courtesy of a timely update (especially when promised) should be necessary. Overall the experience was disappointing and unprofessional.

Implementation Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CoStar Group in April 2018.

Interview

Connected through LinkedIn. The girl at 1st said salary would barely reach 100k after I answered her on what my last salary was (120k+). Janet said 'oh, no match'. She also said bonuses are low...like 5%.
    So I convinced her I'd accept the 100k & asked if there was a signon bonus. She said there might be but wasn't sure. So, she then sets up an interview with Robbin, VP of the Alliance group, who had only been with the company for 3 mos. The talk was pleasant enough. I talked of my extensive implementation experience. She mentioned she was NOT the hiring manager but helping him (Ben Stark) out. She also said they are slammed & hiring quickly. The next day, I got an email that I did not have enough experience (I have 8 yrs WMS & 15+ overall IT). Looking at other candidates, this was clearly an untruth. I see why Costar has such a low rating on here and on another job site, which I knew was a red flag from the beginning. Incompetence abounds.

Interview Questions

• Have you done UI? Sometimes we need our consultants to configure the product.   1 Answer

Business Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at CoStar Group (Washington, DC) in April 2018.

Interview

I initially had a Phone Screen with the recruiter explaining the position. I was invited on-site and met with 3 Inside Sales Managers. After meeting with managers I was asked to do a mock/demo call role play.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CoStar Group.

Interview

Quick and easy. Very Classic questions and laid back. They want to see if you are someone that they would want to work with. This is something that you can spend 10 minutes preparing for and be able to get an offer.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at CoStar Group (Washington, DC).

Interview

Recruiter reached out to me & thought my resume was awesome & immediately followed up with a phone interview but the day of the interview I felt like it was a different story. I was contacted & my recruiter stated they were going to be in a meeting and that someone else would be going over my interview. Once we sat down I felt like he was picking my resume apart as if I was applying for a huge major job when the job description only involved making phone calls so I was just very thrown off the entire interview & honestly felt like it was a waste of time.

Senior DevOps Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at CoStar Group (Washington, DC) in March 2018.

Interview

Applied online through one of the Job Boards
    Contacted by HR the next day. Gone through 3 rounds of interviews, first one is HR one, the second one is a Telephonic for about an hour. And the final one is an onsite one for 4.5 hours. Onsite one is included one on ones with multiple team members, managers and a presentation of your chosen topic for 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• It's mostly related to your resume, job duties and the projects that you have worked on.   1 Answer

Community Researcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CoStar Group (Atlanta, GA) in March 2018.

Interview

It was pretty laid back, in a nice room with 2 main people, It wasn’t what I expected as far as how the interview was going to be conducted (question wise) allowed you to be yourself

Junior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CoStar Group (San Francisco, CA) in March 2018.

Interview

I was interviewed by several tech professionals on the applied position for about 3 hours. I was informed that they will get back to me in a week or so.

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CoStar Group.

Interview

Process was direct and simple, apply online, got contacted in days, had a couple phone conversations/emails, then an in person interview a week or two later (meet with a few different people, mixed bag). Dodged questions including ones about about career advancement which is a red flag to me, but ymmv.
    Mentioned over and over how competitive and score driven the role is but the criteria is how many phone calls you make in a day/week/month and whether you follow the right script. Felt like they cared more about whether you'd be a "power player" calling hundreds of numbers a day than anything else you had to say.

Interview Questions

• basic stuff: why do you want to work for costar, what do you know about commercial real estate, are you ready/motivated to work in a competitive environment with heavy metrics, tell me about a time you helped a company you worked for succeed   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CoStar Group.

Interview

Initial phone screening followed by in-person interview. They seemed very focused on people who were actually interested in real estate and research, and I believe they were concerned about turnover.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself working in 3 years? In the Real Estate Industry? At CoStar?   Answer Question