CoStar Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Full Stack Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CoStar Group (Irvine, CA) in September 2018.

Interview

The recruiter I’m connected with here is absolutely professional, and is a big reason why I’m leaving such a positive review. She has been very quick to respond and openly transparent during every step of the process. She definitely put in the time, and did her job.
    Even when the company didn’t have any active openings, she still remained in close contact with me. Typically, recruiters would just avoid picking up the phone under those circumstances. But she understands the importance of networking and paying forward the time.
     The senior level decision maker that I spoke with here was also a very good communicator, and showed me a great deal of respect, which goes a LONG way. People are the single most important thing to me in my search for my next company to work with, and this company has a lot to offer.

Photographer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CoStar Group in November 2017.

Interview

The manager gently described the roles of the position. No hard questions, fast respond on email. The manager gently described the roles of the position. No hard questions, fast respond on email.

Interview Questions

• Introduce your self
      Why costar   1 Answer

Junior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Luis Obispo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CoStar Group (San Luis Obispo, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

Applied through LinkedIn and spoke with recruiter. Took about a week to schedule a preliminary interview. Interview with recruiter was simple questions to get to know you and was then scheduled for a technical interview on the phone. Technical phone interview asked about current projects and knowledge of web development tools. Asked to describe how to create a javascript function. Afterwards was asked various OOP questions such as the difference between an interface and an abstract class. Ended with a database question to create a Person data table.

Interview Questions

• Describe the creation process for a JavaScript function.   Answer Question

Junior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CoStar Group (San Francisco, CA) in March 2018.

Interview

I was interviewed by several tech professionals on the applied position for about 3 hours. I was informed that they will get back to me in a week or so.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CoStar Group (Atlanta, GA) in June 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by internal talent acquisition for initial screening. I then had a technical phone screening with lead developer followed by 2 panel style interviews onsite. I was told a decision would be made in a few days. 2 weeks of silence followed. The decision was implied. Unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• What 3 things would you need on the first day to get your job done?   Answer Question

Client Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at CoStar Group (Washington, DC) in February 2015.

Interview

A recruiter contacted me and set up a Phone Interview. I did the interview and never heard back from them. I sent a follow up email but recieved no response there either. It is common curtesy to atleast confirm or deny I'm still in the running for the position especially since they contacted me.

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CoStar Group (Irvine, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

I was initially contact by in internal recruiter for CoStar. She had found me on Stackoverflow. She talked about my background, my goals, my salary, and then did a basic tech screening. Not too hard, things like ASP.NET session state.

Then I was scheduled for an onsite interview at their beautiful offices in Irvine. It was very challenging. I was asked to rate myself on my back-end, middle-tier, and front-end skills on a scale of 1-10. I played it conservative.

The hiring manager was one of the sharpest guys I've interviewed with. He could make the questions progressively harder and had some serious edge cases that I had to answer. Tough, but fair questions.

Then it came time for the front-end question. OMG! He started talking about the AMD design pattern and frameworks like Durandal - stuff that wasn't even around a year ago. A lot of SPA stuff. If you are a JS ninja, this is your place.

I met a few more developers -- all very sharp. I was called back for another round of technical interviews and started to feel optimistic. I could hold my own on basic C# and ASP.NET MVC, WCF stuff. But client-side stuff, not so much. I got word two weeks later the they needed more of a front-end person, but have numerous reqs and may consider me for a more middle tier position in the coming months.

I am seriously thinking about holding out until then, freelancing or doing something else, because they really were that good. Not your typical IT backwater.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at CoStar Group in May 2015.

Interview

Initial phone screening, with a follow up call focusing on which 'path' you would like to pursue, detailing the potential exit opportunities if you were to pursue a CRE brokerage as opposed to straight sales.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CoStar Group in April 2015.

Interview

I interview with two separate employees. Both were very pleasant and genuinely interested in getting to know me and my career goals. The first interview was a little more scripted and the interviewer did not have all the answers to my questions concerning commission structure, etc. The second interview was very informal and more of a casual conversation.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at CoStar Group (Washington, DC) in February 2012.

Interview

Brief phone screen with recruiter, one in person interview where you meet with several different managers, very quick process. Not tough at all, the real test is when they tell you about the salary, if you're willing to take a low salary then your pretty much hired.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me why you think you'd be a great fit for this position?"   Answer Question

IT Manager Interview

Interview

Rigorous interview process - a full day, which includes a top grade, two technical sessions, lunch, and a round table presentation. The top grade is basically a resume recap. The tech sessions are led by senior engineers and get very technical. The round table requires the interviewer to present on a relevant technology topic. Lunch was informal conversation at a nearby restaurant.