Cobaltix Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cobaltix Interview Questions

Interviews at Cobaltix

Interviews for Top Jobs at Cobaltix

Office Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cobaltix.

Interview

Found this position through Craigslist. Was instructed (an hour before the phone screening) to call them instead . Wouldn't have been a problem IF the person doing the screening actually answered the phone. Person didn't seem to be knowledgable, didn't really know what questions to ask, didn't do a proper scan of my credentials, didn't pinpoint certain areas she wanted specification on, and had long awkward breaks between our conversation. Honestly, she was so quiet I just kept going about my employment history because she had nothing to say.

Senior Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cobaltix (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Responded to a Craigslist ad; was contacted for a phone screen and then was invited to come in for an interview. Upon arrival I met initially with the person who conducted my phone screen to review what I should expect that day and reviewed the interview process with me. This was followed by a meeting with the CEO. The CEO proceeded to conduct what I can only describe as a highly subjective test which was divided into two parts - "technical" and "cognitive/personality". The technical portion was all over the place in terms of specific methods, technologies, and skills. The CEO feverishly took notes throughout both parts. In the second, "Cognitive/Personality" test the interviewer seemed to focus more on how you might articulate your answer to unusual questions such as "While driving on a crowded freeway, would you notice a clown in an adjacent car?" or "Explain how red light camera systems work?". Again his scoring process seems to focus more on your logic, body language, articulation, and overall approach in responding to the question rather than whether or not you convey an accurate answer.

Interview Questions

• "A client company's CFO has absconded the country with $3MM in company funds which he has embezzled. The evidence, audit trail, and information that can be used to prevent the CFO from carrying out his action are within his locked office, adjacent to which is his secretary, who is believed to be conspiring with the CFO. Please tell me as many methods as you can devise to surreptitiously yet forcibly enter the CFO's office in time to recover said documents and prevent the CFO's attempt to embezzle."   1 Answer

Negotiation

Typical - nothing negative or positive to say about it. I accepted the offer within 24 hours.

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cobaltix (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I responded to a Craigslist ad, and the owner set up a meeting for me to come in. Several open ended questions. During this I was being scored on a personality test, the results being explained to me at the end.

On second round I was interviewed by the Sales Manager, Owner, and VP. General interview questions, some technical questions, etc. Assessing people and technical skills and basically just feeling me out.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

24 hours to accept their offer.

Senior Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cobaltix (San Francisco, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

Responded to craigslist ad, called in for interviews with owners and consulting practice manager. Tech and "thought process" type questions were prevalent. Really seemed to want to make sure you are the kind of personality that will work well in the culture of the company.

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cobaltix (San Francisco, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

Applied to a non-traditional Craigslist ad. I was contacted "almost immediately" and interviewed by the owner as a first interview. The whole process was original. I was tested (grading was subjective to the interviewer) on my technical level (100 point scale) and then I was tested on my creative thinking process.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were "open-ended" questions, such as How does something work or How would you achieve a certain task.   Answer Question

Negotiation

My negotiation was based on my past salary history and