Codemasters Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Codemasters Interview Questions

Updated May 2, 2018

2.6

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Codemasters.

Interview

The interview process takes 4-6 hours, both technical and conversational interviews. Talk a lot about their company's culture. Worth to work if you really into it. Many Data structure problems (HashMap, Linklist, Tree, Graph.....) Prepare yourself before applying.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Codemasters (London, England (UK)) in December 2017.

Interview

The entire process was pretty fast. I applied and got interviewed in 3 days. Lots of C++ technical questions. Read about data structures and constructors. They ask you to create example codes in around 3-4 hours.

Interview Questions

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Codemasters.

Interview

1. First round was aptitude test.
    2. Second round was to write essay.
    3. Third round was to play game to find bugs.
    4. Face to face HR round.
    Interview process was easy.
    HR was of friendly nature.
    Nice environment.

Graduate Games Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Codemasters (Birmingham, England (UK)) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied directly via their recruitment email after I saw a position available on their website. Even though on the position page it stated that if you don't hear back within 3 weeks, after just over 3 weeks I got a reply saying I had qualified for a phone interview.

The Phone interview was about 15 minutes long and was essentially just a run over of my CV and asking about previous experience/what I was doing now. About a week later I received an email stating I had qualified for a programming test. It was one hour long. Containing 3 sections, one section contained 20 questions, one section contained some code that had some syntax and runtime errors that had to be fixed, and the final section asked for some quite complicated string manipulation involving finding combinations of letters in a list of words.

I was not asked back for an interview.

Interview Questions

• Name advantages and disadvantages of using STL
      Asked what obscure C++ keywords (i.e mutable, explicit etc.) do   Answer Question

QA Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Codemasters (Pune (India)) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied in this company via friends referral. Interview started with Aptitude test, followed by technical interview and lastly got to know I was selected and an offer letter would be mailed to my email ID.

QA Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Southam, West Midlands, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Codemasters (Southam, West Midlands, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

Sent an email about the role. Got a response for a in face interview fairly quickly.

Had the interview at Southam, then they quickly got back to me less than a week later with an offer.

QA Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Southam, West Midlands, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Codemasters (Southam, West Midlands, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

Casual but to the point. Interview started with one interviewer who detailed how it would proceed, after a small briefing and a knowledge / practical test interviewer brought another member of the QA team to interview me as well. After this interview was finished - heard back from Codemasters a few days later.

UI Artist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Codemasters (Birmingham, England (UK)) in April 2016.

Interview

Applied through a second party and was invited to an interview within a month. Went to the interview in Birmingham and was welcomed from the start. After the interview I was then offered the position within the same day.

Principal Programmer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Southam, West Midlands, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Codemasters (Southam, West Midlands, England (UK)) in January 2016.

Interview

Initially I was called by a known and trusted recruiter while I was on holiday in October 2015. He explained the Codemasters situation had been tough, but they were going through a process of renewable. The opportunity was there to enter the company as it was back on the way up - "to grow with the company" as it were.

Interview Questions

• For our reverberation we currently do some convolution mixed with 1st order reflections, and were the first studio to do this. How would you go about improving this?   1 Answer

Programmer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Codemasters.

Interview

Emailed them about opportunity on their job's website, had a technical interview over the phone and a second and final interview on site. HR took 2 weeks to make an offer. The whole process took too long and too many emails, the interviews were straightforward but the communication was slow.