Cohen & Steers Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cohen & Steers Interview Questions

2.9

Summer Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cohen & Steers.

Interview

Applied through college career site. Heard back and was called in for an interview. Four people interviewed me, one after the other. It was an informal conversation; they were very friendly. Heard back from them rather quickly.

Interview Questions

• Asked me about my job experiences on my resume.
      How do you manage all of your activities?
      Why do you want this internship, what can it do for you?   Answer Question

Lawyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Cohen & Steers (New York, NY).

Interview

one interview - did not get the job. got the interview through a recruiter. initial interview at recruiter's office. lasted for about 30 - 40 minutes. only spoke to one person. received feedback fairly quickly.

Junior Paralegal Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Cohen & Steers.

Interview

First round - met with human resources person and two attorneys (individually) from the legal team you will be working for. Overall a relaxing interview where you walk them through your resume and where each of them just want to get to know you and your experiences. Nothing absurdly unexpected.
    Second round - met briefly with members of the other legal team and some superiors

Overall I had a good interview experience, but I waited one month for the results because (I found out after) they were waiting for a reply from a candidate with a much stronger background.

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Cohen & Steers (Seattle, WA) in June 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with HR (initial screening) and then in person interview with the entire portfolio management team (though the format was one on one with each different analyst). Typical interview process and no surprises or difficult riddles or math tests. Be prepared for a long interview as it can take multiple hours to speak with everyone. Nothing but great things to say about the process and company.

Interview Questions

• Pitch a stock.
      What do you like to do for fun?
      Why are you interested in portfolio management?
      Where do you see yourself in 5 years and do you have plans to complete you CFA or MBA?   Answer Question

Analyst, Investment Management, Analysis and Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cohen & Steers (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

Opportunity came through a recruiter. The entire process took about a week. Interviewed with 3 people separately on the first day (HR representative and 2 managers). Only interviewed with 1 person on the second day (head of operations).

Mutual Fund Group Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cohen & Steers (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Couple of interviews with two mangers at the same time. they had a bunch of question, mainly he wanted to know if I knew the systems they use and basic flow. They liked the fact that I came from a bigger firm.

Interview Questions

• It was all basic, they wanted to know if i knew systems   Answer Question

IT Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cohen & Steers.

Interview

I was contacted via email saying that an interview was scheduled for me. there were 2 rounds. A technical and HR. Know your resume really well. They asked me about every single thing that was on my resume. The Hiring managers were really nice and made me feel really comfortable and at ease.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cohen & Steers (Seattle, WA) in February 2014.

Interview

I was approached through linked by a recruiting firm regarding this position. The phone screen was very weird - the person was too nosy about my personal life. It took the boos over two weeks to decide whether I should be hired or not. The questions asked in the interview had no substance but more emphasis on why the office has a high turnover rate. That should have been a warning sign

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to clean the kitchen and pick up lunch everyday for the staff?   Answer Question

Help Desk Associate/Network Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cohen & Steers (New York, NY) in September 2013.

Interview

Got a call from a recruiter who found my resume on Dice. Set me up with an interview with the IT team in the NYC headquarters. Met with the whole team, including CTO. Interviews went real well. Asked more situational & personality questions rather than technical questions. It was more of a conversation rather than an interview.

Securities Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cohen & Steers (New York, NY) in October 2010.

Interview

I interviewed with 10 people, both 1x1s and small groups. No rigid structure to the process. They ask a lot of real estate questions. Be prepared to describe how you'd value a building or pick a stock. What candidates should demonstrate: hard skills that match the job responsibilities, passion for the real estate securities business, strong work ethic. Make sure you can explain why you want to work for the firm. Also ask questions, such as what is the interviewer's background.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Compensation and start date are negotiable. Job responsibilities aren't.