Collaborative Consulting Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Collaborative Consulting Interview Questions

3.3

Associate Developer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Collaborative Consulting.

Interview

There's a normal pre-interview with HR, then (usually) 2 other interviews with some experienced staff that ask technical questions to gauge your knowledge.
    Later there's a written test that checks vocabulary, math, and reasoning skills. Supposedly, this test isn't used to determine whether to hire you.

Interview Questions

• What is one downside to using polymorphism?   1 Answer

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Collaborative Consulting.

Interview

This first interview was introductory. The interviewer told me a bit about the company, and why they are hiring in the different places they are. She asked me very little. It was quite casual. After about 30 minutes, she asked if I had any questions; afterward, she asked if I wanted to go forward with the next step, and be interviewed by people now doing the job I am interested in -- potential colleagues.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me a little about yourself."   1 Answer

Lead Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Collaborative Consulting (Boston, MA) in September 2015.

Interview

First step was a phone call with the HR/Recruitment Person. This was to gauge what I was currently doing and why I was looking for a change. The next step was a technical interview conducted over the phone. This was pretty straight-forward, I suspect mostly to verify I wasn't lying on my resume. Overall, none of the questions were too complicated. The next step was an in person interview for 'fit' and then another technical interview on a different skillset.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of something you designed where you wish you went about it differently   Answer Question

Director of Practice Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Collaborative Consulting (New Brunswick, NJ) in January 2014.

Interview

Initial Communication - The initial communication started with company sr recruiter for a architect position that they have with one of their client and if I am open for a fulltime or contracting role. Started in Nov. My conversation went pretty well and the company recruiter was courteous and talented.

Interview Process - I had 2 technical rounds - Min Nov, one with Practice Lead(Sr. Director) and then with CTO. They went well, infact I got a thank you email from CTO for being available (that's un-usual and very kind).

I had 2 days of in person interviews in Jan in their NJ and Boston office. These interviews were with company leadersrhip - COO, Marketing head - NJ, recruitment head, Practice lead - PE, Sales and CSM leadership that are working with client.

The courtesy offered was great, people were very warm and receptive.

I got reply's to my thank you emails from some of the folks. That's kind of nice.

Sr. Recruiter with whom I was working was on top of things - most of the time.

Interview Questions

• Can you bring in new business or do you have strong relationships that will be useful to us ?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Currently Negotiating. Its going good.
    I have a meeting with my reporting seniors on responsibilities, performance KPIs and bonus.

Principal Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Collaborative Consulting.

Interview

Phone screen with HR person, one phone call with current employee, then a face to face interview with 3 other people.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation - they are fairly standard in their offers

Director of Business Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Collaborative Consulting (New York, NY) in March 2013.

Interview

Multiple interviews by phone and in person with the SVP and President, CFO and CTO.

Interview Questions

• Define the known market for the services you will be selling in terms of number of firms, geography, and segments, plus the approach for each.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Plenty of back and forth until we arrived at the final number, which was acceptable, but lower than expected originally, but still a very fair compensation package considering the market, basically 30% higher than two other offers I had negotiated in the last 12 months and declined.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Collaborative Consulting (Burlington, MA) in March 2013.

Interview

I enjoyed the process. I met with a recruiter, a VP of operations, a Project Manager, and the Practice Lead for the company. The process moved relatively quickly for me(less than 2 weeks from start to finish), though I suspect this is because I had an offer on the table at the time.

I was impressed with the fact that when I turned down the offer, they told me to give a call if I was ever interested in the future. They meant it. They gave me the same offer they had previously given me.

Interview Questions

• How many barbers are there in the state of massachusetts?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Collaborative Consulting (Burlington, MA) in August 2010.

Interview

I was contacted by Collaborative and went through an initial phone interview with the recruiter. From there, I had two phone interviews with senior project managers. I was then brought in for a 1:1 interview with the the VP of Operations, a senior project manager and a senior business analyst. I then had two 1:1 interviews, as well as a phone interview with the perspective client. In total, I went through 9 interviews.

Overall, the interviews were very cordial and most of them centered around "tell me about yourself" type of questions. There were no behavioral questions or tests whatsoever. Everyone I spoke with seemed very competent in their areas of expertise and had very extensive backgrounds. They were very open to speaking about the positive and negatives regarding the work and culture at Collaborative. Feedback was generally immediate.

The offer process was a bit different than what I've been used to at other consulting firms. Collaborative doesn't hire talent for the bench or to staff a potential project. Therefore, the offer was contingent of the client actually signing the the SOW for the project. In short, I had an offer, but didn't have an offer. In some ways, I see this as a benefit because a new hire isn't sitting around waiting to staff a project that may or may not materialize (which I've seen other places). But, it does draw out the process considerably and I spent most of the time in the dark about whether or not the client was going to pull the trigger.

Another important note is that Collaborative required that I pass a background check, the offer was also contingent on my passing the client's background check process. This also added additional time to the process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. Take it or leave it.

Staff Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Collaborative Consulting (Burlington, MA) in January 2010.

Interview

A phone interview led to a series of interviews including HR, Technical, and Management interviews. Feedback was immediate and then subsequent phone interviews and in person interviews were scheduled until an appropriate position was located. The final interview was with the client.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Its a tough economy and I received market value and was grateful.

Enterprise Architect Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Collaborative Consulting in July 2009.

Interview

The process included a series of phone interviews from Talent Acquaition, through vertical, horizontal, and then Sr Managment

Interview Questions

• How did you deal with your most difficlut customer?   Answer Question
    • Having been a customer, how would you have dealt with the internal process that we worked through?   Answer Question