College Works Painting Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 23, 2018

2.7

1. Featured Interview

Anonymous Employee in DeKalb, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at College Works Painting (DeKalb, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

They will come to your class and hand out slips of paper to get your contact info. Then they will call you and invite you to an informational meeting somewhere on campus. When you go, there will be several other students there but your interviewer will probably ask one/some of them to leave before they are finished which means they don't consider them a good candidate for the job. Then, if you are picked, you get to do another phone interview with the same interview. If you are picked after that, you get to do a reverse interview with an executive (higher level) member of the company. It can seem scam-ish, but from the research I've done, you can be successful and make some money and also get some good experience if you're willing to work hard and put effort and time into it.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at College Works Painting (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Three interviews. First one was a phone interview, then a webcam interview, and then an in person interview. Overall, the interview was pretty easy. Pretty basic questions. The overall experience of the internship was a lot of work... Don't expect to breeze through this internship. I learned a lot from the internship, but I was getting up at 5 am and working until 5 pm. Half the interns you see at the beginning training don't make it out in the end.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at College Works Painting (Philadelphia, PA) in March 2014.

Interview

I was contacting directly by this company without ever applying and had an informal interview over the phone lasting about 30 minutes. The interviewer was kind and cordial but, after doing additional research, was misleading about the nature of the work and the pay.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Davis, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at College Works Painting (Davis, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview consisted of numerous amount of calls in where the managers would try and sell you on the fact that this a great opportunity. I disagree, why you be calling me to congratulate me on telling me i m moving on to the next step of the hiring process and keep calling me to make sure I am still on board everyday.

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at College Works Painting (Cincinnati, OH) in December 2012.

Interview

They come into your class and tell you that you have the opportunity to make thousands of dollars and have you fill out a slip. They then call you and set you up for an information session. Then they ask if you're still interested. If they like you and you're interested they will do a phone interview which is a basic screener. Once you pass that you have an interview with a district manager, then another one with a vice president. Overall the interview process is pretty lengthy and detailed.

Anonymous Employee in East Lansing, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at College Works Painting (East Lansing, MI) in September 2016.

Interview

I had three interviews; reverse, phone, and final with the president. I entered with confidence and experience and was able to get it. My past experience did help me but I believe that my overall attitude towards the position was more of a selling feature.

Interview Questions

• What do you think this job with help you with in the future.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at College Works Painting (Milwaukee, WI) in March 2015.

Interview

I was first informed through an email, and a time to discuss the position with a few other students was set up. From their the Rep selected two out of the five students he gave the presentation to. He determines this based off a series of questions. Then a couple phone interviews followed and finally a couple in person interviews with the Rep and a VP.

Interview Questions

• Biggest Accomplishment?
      favorite class?
      why do you want to work at CWP?
      where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Negotiation

This position is for outstanding salesmen/women. If you are uncomfortable pitching an idea to strangers, then this is not the internship for you.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at College Works Painting.

Interview

There are about 4 interviews. First you meet with a guy that explains you what th internship is about, then you meet with the vicepresident of the division for a reversed interview, then a phone call interview with the same person and finally a videocall interview with the same person.

Interview Questions

• What have you done that makes you different and special from any other candidate?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at College Works Painting (Cincinnati, OH) in December 2016.

Interview

Multi-level interview process. Straight-forward and to the point. The experience for everyone so the interview process is made to weed out the people that don't fit. You will also have to reach out to past interns to learn about their experience.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any previous leadership experience? And what was that experience like?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in East Lansing, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at College Works Painting (East Lansing, MI) in November 2017.

Interview

College senior came to one of my classes and handed everyone slips to fill out. Apparently my answers were good, because a month later I got a call asking to schedule an informational meeting that was also a casual interview. There was another guy with me at that meeting/interview, and the interviewer talked to us very casually but very informatively. After that I was assigned to come up with a few questions and answers before my next call with that same interviewer. That went well, so then I was scheduled a reverse interview with another person in the company. That also went well, and again I had to prepare certain answers and call some of the program's alumni before my next interview, which was over the phone. After being sent through that round, I was scheduled a final interview with one of the Vice Presidents of the area. That was the last thing before being offered the position, which I accepted.

Interview Questions

• Why are you a good fit for the company?   Answer Question
    • What are three things you have done well with in your past?   Answer Question
    • What are some challenges you've encountered?   Answer Question
    • What makes you think you're ready for a challenging internship such as this one?   Answer Question