College Works Painting Interview Questions | Glassdoor

College Works Painting Interview Questions

Interviews at College Works Painting

2.7

Anonymous Employee in San Luis Obispo, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at College Works Painting (San Luis Obispo, CA) in January 2020.

Interview

Three interviews: one phone, one skype, one in person. The phone interview was just a screening, the skype was an info meeting, and the in person was a real interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at College Works Painting (Houston, TX) in November 2019.

Interview

Received a phone call from the interviewer, met for a informational session, then set up a reverse interview, then had a phone interview and then had a final interview.

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at College Works Painting (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2019.

Interview

Super nice and friendly environment, they called to schedule an interview after weeks of applying. The interviewer was super calm and sweet and asked really simple questions relating to previous experiences and my resume. It went great!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at College Works Painting (Sacramento, CA) in January 2019.

Interview

These people came to one of my classes and passed out slips saying that this was a "great internship opportunity" so I filled it out. It was really weird, asking about my high school GPA, even though I was a second-year in college and whether I played any varsity sports.

Honestly, I forgot about it until I received a call from a guy a few months later saying that he wanted to gauge my interest in an "exciting internship opportunity". He was extremely vague about what it entailed but it piqued my interest and I wanted to learn more. He set up a zoom interview with another guy, supposedly a student at my university who had gone through this "internship". It wasn't until this interview that I learned that this was about managing my own painting business and working on commission. I'm a computer science major so I really didn't think this would be a good fit.

What was bizarre was during the second interview, this guy was unwilling to send me any pamphlets or information, instead screen sharing these pamphlets with me which contained a lot of vague figures and facts and a table of intern salaries. Also, he wanted me to go on Glassdoor and read all the reviews of this program and get back to yet another guy the next day, a SATURDAY. I never ended up calling the guy or returning any more of their calls because going door to door painting houses for minimum wage in the 10000-degree weather in the height of summer did NOT sound appealing to me at ALL.

TL;DR: didn't immediately realize there was something off, but there definitely is. Didn't go for it.

Interview Questions

• How do you think that managing your own painting business will help you be a better computer scientist?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Interview

Short and direct. It was orginally a meeting at a barnes and noble with a district manager. Then you met with the CEO if you got through the first screening. It was easy.

District Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at College Works Painting.

Interview

There are multiple steps in the interview process including a step where you get to review all the information about the company and even get to contact former employees about their experience

Interview Questions

• What are your top two personal strengths and how would they help you succeed in this company?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, NE

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at College Works Painting (Lincoln, NE) in November 2018.

Interview

There were several interview stages. One initial interview done within a small group, followed by a video interview and finally a face to face interview. Before doing the final interview that is face to face, the interns are asked to call and interview alumnus about their experience. The video interview was a reverse interview where the intern is required to come up with at least ten questions to ask.

Interview Questions

• Why was this internship something that you wanted to do?   Answer Question

Local Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at College Works Painting (Madison, WI) in November 2018.

Interview

1. Informational interview where the recruiter will then give another phone interview in the next following days if they see you are dedicated
    2. Must do informational interviews with previous employees
    3. Webcam Interview with a Vice President ir CEO
    4. Round 2 interviews if necessary

Interview Questions

• Q: why are you qualified
      Q: what would you do in a situation with high stress
      Q: can you manage people and stay organized   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at College Works Painting (Minneapolis, MN) in October 2018.

Interview

I didn't work for College works but people need to see this. They came into my freshman math class on one of the first days of lecture (which makes them seem like a university endorsed/promoted internship, WHICH THEY'RE NOT!) They passed out some slips of paper asking for some information, which, as a freshman you're told all the time, "Get involved early" so of course a good majority of kids just see the word internship and jump right at the opportunity. Anyways I got a call a few weeks later about a chance at getting an in person interview, so I thought why not lets go for it. First of all, she said to me "I have a lot of people to interview so can I count on you being on time?" which is a fine question initially but I'll get into the problem later. I went through the interview, which was with 3 other students at my university, not one on one, and they asked some basic questions interview questions to all of us. After the interview I was told to call her at exactly 6:45PM, which I did... and she didn't answer, which is where the problem with her telling me to be on time comes in...ten minutes later she called me back, when I answered she asked how the rest of my day had been, so in response I asked how hers was, and she said "I've talked to a ton of interesting people today," which I began to notice that every phone call and every step of the interview they say those exact words to make it sound like it's very competitive, when really everyone else is probably figuring how much of a SCAM it really is. I then went on to an online video chat interview. In this he ran through a pie chart of where each dollar of a sale I make goes, and conveniently skipped that the person who recruited me gets a decent portion...yeah its a pyramid scheme stay away.

Interview Questions

• Why should we let you go on to the next stage of interviewing   Answer Question

Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at College Works Painting (Ann Arbor, MI) in January 2018.

Interview

Five steps, overly long, they string you along but its all a lie. You first do a group interview then followed by other annoying steps and they make you think you need them more than they need you.

Interview Questions

• They basically ask you to pledge your loyalty to them   1 Answer