College Works Painting Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

1. Featured Interview

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in DeKalb, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at College Works Painting (DeKalb, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

They will come to your class and hand out slips of paper to get your contact info. Then they will call you and invite you to an informational meeting somewhere on campus. When you go, there will be several other students there but your interviewer will probably ask one/some of them to leave before they are finished which means they don't consider them a good candidate for the job. Then, if you are picked, you get to do another phone interview with the same interview. If you are picked after that, you get to do a reverse interview with an executive (higher level) member of the company. It can seem scam-ish, but from the research I've done, you can be successful and make some money and also get some good experience if you're willing to work hard and put effort and time into it.

Anonymous Employee in East Lansing, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at College Works Painting (East Lansing, MI) in November 2017.

Interview

College senior came to one of my classes and handed everyone slips to fill out. Apparently my answers were good, because a month later I got a call asking to schedule an informational meeting that was also a casual interview. There was another guy with me at that meeting/interview, and the interviewer talked to us very casually but very informatively. After that I was assigned to come up with a few questions and answers before my next call with that same interviewer. That went well, so then I was scheduled a reverse interview with another person in the company. That also went well, and again I had to prepare certain answers and call some of the program's alumni before my next interview, which was over the phone. After being sent through that round, I was scheduled a final interview with one of the Vice Presidents of the area. That was the last thing before being offered the position, which I accepted.

Interview Questions

• Why are you a good fit for the company?   Answer Question
    • What are three things you have done well with in your past?   Answer Question
    • What are some challenges you've encountered?   Answer Question
    • What makes you think you're ready for a challenging internship such as this one?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at College Works Painting (Madison, WI).

Interview

There were multiple people at UW-Madison with me for this interview. The interview was fairly easy, but the other people took it far more seriously than I did. I didn't even get an offer ha, but after doing more research on the company, I found out this internship is a pyramid scheme/scam. Do some research on this company. Their business relies on suckering college students into thinking this will help them start their career/gain experience. Don't intern for them, and don't bother interviewing with them unless you want to be an hourly painter.

Branch Manager Interview

Interview

Several steps. Started with an informational meeting, moved onto a reverse webcam interview. I was then sent to a research phase to call past interns. I had a call with my first interviewer to talk about what I learned and then was sent on to a final in person interview.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at College Works Painting.

Interview

There are about 4 interviews. First you meet with a guy that explains you what th internship is about, then you meet with the vicepresident of the division for a reversed interview, then a phone call interview with the same person and finally a videocall interview with the same person.

Interview Questions

• What have you done that makes you different and special from any other candidate?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at College Works Painting (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Three interviews. First one was a phone interview, then a webcam interview, and then an in person interview. Overall, the interview was pretty easy. Pretty basic questions. The overall experience of the internship was a lot of work... Don't expect to breeze through this internship. I learned a lot from the internship, but I was getting up at 5 am and working until 5 pm. Half the interns you see at the beginning training don't make it out in the end.

Anonymous Employee in Elk Grove, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at College Works Painting (Elk Grove, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Relaxed and professional. The employer was very straight forward and did not try to confuse me with tough questions. Basics experience questions were asked, such as "How's your schedule", and "Do you have any experience working outdoors?"

Anonymous Employee in Fort Collins, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at College Works Painting (Fort Collins, CO) in May 2017.

Interview

Interview and hiring process was easy due to my roommate and I already being in the company the previous year. The experience was justified with a short quiz to make sure the safety knowledge is imbedded into our minds at all times.

Interview Questions

• How many years experience do you have painting with a sprayer/brush?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Midlothian, VA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at College Works Painting (Midlothian, VA) in May 2017.

Interview

I met my interviewer in a local Starbucks and discussed my previous experience, interest in the job, and willingness to perform varying tasks. It was very relaxed and only lasted a short period of time, the interviewer was not overly judgemental or knit picking what I said allowing me to feel more confident and speak freely.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any prior experience painting?   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Evanston, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at College Works Painting (Evanston, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

very quick process, initial classroom talk, interview with multiple students, phone interview, in person interview, offer
    also have you talk with alumni which really helps you better understand the internship
    interview was pretty easy, lots of questions about work ethic and leadership

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you can do this job better than anyone else?   Answer Question

Crew Chief, Painter, Markter Interview

Interview

Had a group interview, which at the end I was asked to follow up with a one on one interview at their Columbus office. The group interview only lasted 20 minutes, the one on one interview lasted about 45 minutes. At the end of the one on one, I was offered to continue with the next steps in the process, but declined as I had decided I did not wish to proceed with the process.

Interview Questions

• How have you resolved a conflict in the past between two coworkers or peers?   Answer Question