Commerce Bank Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Commerce Bank Interview Questions

Updated Apr 23, 2018

2.7

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Commerce Bank.

Interview

Easy. Very basic questions. Interviewed in KC with HR. Then had a group interview with the department. They asked basic background questions, and then allowed me to ask them questions.

IT Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Commerce Bank (Kansas City, MO) in November 2017.

Interview

I was given a phone interview and shortly afterwards I was offered an in-person interview at their headquarters. Roughly 2 weeks later I was offered a position. During the in-person interview there were three employees, who took turns asking me various questions. Both behavioral and technial questions were asked.

Interview Questions

• Given a class diagram, infer what I believe the program is trying to accomplish.   Answer Question

Teller/Banker Interview

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Commerce Bank.

Interview

Had the branch manager call me and ask me a few questions then set up a interview at one of their locations. I have to commute to work which I told the First Lady I talked to and she told me that would be no issue. I came in for a interview and another lady was there as well she asked about commuting and made a big fuss out if it and made it clear that would not work. I was told I would be contacted by the head HR person the next week I never received a call.

Interview Questions

• What made you a good fit for your last position   1 Answer

Consumer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Commerce Bank (Kansas City, MO) in August 2017.

Interview

Like most places there is a phone interview first (I think it was about 20-30 minutes long). After that they emailed to schedule an in person interview downtown (at the Trust Building). I actually had to reschedule my interview and they were very accommodating. The in person interview consisted of a few different parts. First, their was a skills test to make sure you know who to use Microsoft Word and Excel. After that I met with one of the HR people and they just asked the very basic questions (Where do you see you're career in 5 years? Why do you want to work here? etc..). Directly after that we went over and met with the manager and supervisor of the department for the position I was applying for and they basically asked me the same questions.

Anonymous Employee in Normal, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Commerce Bank (Normal, IL) in June 2017.

Interview

I was given an assessment after the initial application. Once I passed I was given a phone interview that lasted about 45 mins. After that I was given a face to face interview at one of their nearby branches and given an offer on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose banking?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Commerce Bank (Saint Louis, MO) in June 2017.

Interview

The process was very simple. I applied online and got a call a week later for a phone screening, The face to face interview followed two days after. I didn't hear anything back for over a week so I called was told that I was not offered a position.

Anonymous Employee in Clayton, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Commerce Bank (Clayton, MO) in June 2017.

Interview

Commerce Bank reached out to me initially via email with regards to applying and setting up a phone interview. In the phone interview, we talked for about 15-20 minutes about what I expected and what I do at my current position. After that interview if all goes well, they set up a face-to-face interview where there are 3 interviewers and yourself. They ask a lot of varying questions and take detailed notes throughout.

Interview Questions

• What is expected of a person in the role as a banker?   Answer Question
    • What does your current company have in place that stands out to you?   Answer Question

Information Security Analyst III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Commerce Bank (Kansas City, MO).

Interview

First interview was with a guy from hr or recruiting. It became obvious that the manager and director I was to see after him were listening in and feeding him questions.

Have the job description printed off, they like that and ask questions about it.

Manager didn't ask many questions, director spoke mostly about herself.

Whole place seemed dark and dated.

Invoice Processor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Commerce Bank.

Interview

There is a 3 short test that you must complete. There is a typing test, and a couple to see if you can identify certain things on invoices. Then there is the interview with HR team. Then lastly there is an interview with the hiring manager, All really easy.

Customer Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I interviewed at Commerce Bank (Kansas City, MO) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview process was simple and easy. I had an in person interview with HR and the manager of the team. I was referred by the manager to a manager underneath her for a phone interview.