Commerce Bank Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Commerce Bank Interview Questions

Updated Jan 15, 2018

2.7

Teller/Banker Interview

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Commerce Bank.

Interview

Had the branch manager call me and ask me a few questions then set up a interview at one of their locations. I have to commute to work which I told the First Lady I talked to and she told me that would be no issue. I came in for a interview and another lady was there as well she asked about commuting and made a big fuss out if it and made it clear that would not work. I was told I would be contacted by the head HR person the next week I never received a call.

Interview Questions

• What made you a good fit for your last position   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Peoria, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Commerce Bank (North Peoria, IL) in October 2017.

Interview

I'm very disappointed with Commerce Bank. I was scheduled for a phone interview today and called to reschedule it because something urgent came up. To my surprise, I was greeted on the phone by the most disrespectful, arrogant, and condescending person. I will never do business with Commerce Bank. Don't waste your time applying for jobs there, seems like a terrible place to work at. The lady I spoke to on the phone was very rude. I asked to speak to the manager but she refused to transfer my call. She also pretended like she couldn't hear me, and her tone of voice was very condescending. Not wasting my time. This place is a joke so please do yourself a favor and find another bank.

Consumer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Commerce Bank (Kansas City, MO) in August 2017.

Interview

Like most places there is a phone interview first (I think it was about 20-30 minutes long). After that they emailed to schedule an in person interview downtown (at the Trust Building). I actually had to reschedule my interview and they were very accommodating. The in person interview consisted of a few different parts. First, their was a skills test to make sure you know who to use Microsoft Word and Excel. After that I met with one of the HR people and they just asked the very basic questions (Where do you see you're career in 5 years? Why do you want to work here? etc..). Directly after that we went over and met with the manager and supervisor of the department for the position I was applying for and they basically asked me the same questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Commerce Bank (Saint Louis, MO) in June 2017.

Interview

The process was very simple. I applied online and got a call a week later for a phone screening, The face to face interview followed two days after. I didn't hear anything back for over a week so I called was told that I was not offered a position.

Anonymous Employee in Normal, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Commerce Bank (Normal, IL) in June 2017.

Interview

I was given an assessment after the initial application. Once I passed I was given a phone interview that lasted about 45 mins. After that I was given a face to face interview at one of their nearby branches and given an offer on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose banking?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Clayton, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Commerce Bank (Clayton, MO) in June 2017.

Interview

Commerce Bank reached out to me initially via email with regards to applying and setting up a phone interview. In the phone interview, we talked for about 15-20 minutes about what I expected and what I do at my current position. After that interview if all goes well, they set up a face-to-face interview where there are 3 interviewers and yourself. They ask a lot of varying questions and take detailed notes throughout.

Interview Questions

• What is expected of a person in the role as a banker?   Answer Question
    • What does your current company have in place that stands out to you?   Answer Question

Information Security Analyst III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Commerce Bank (Kansas City, MO).

Interview

First interview was with a guy from hr or recruiting. It became obvious that the manager and director I was to see after him were listening in and feeding him questions.

Have the job description printed off, they like that and ask questions about it.

Manager didn't ask many questions, director spoke mostly about herself.

Whole place seemed dark and dated.

Invoice Processor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Commerce Bank.

Interview

There is a 3 short test that you must complete. There is a typing test, and a couple to see if you can identify certain things on invoices. Then there is the interview with HR team. Then lastly there is an interview with the hiring manager, All really easy.

Customer Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I interviewed at Commerce Bank (Kansas City, MO) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview process was simple and easy. I had an in person interview with HR and the manager of the team. I was referred by the manager to a manager underneath her for a phone interview.

Specialist Interview

Interview

I received an email from HR and was given a date and time to show up for an interview - nothing else.

I found out after waiting for awhile that the HR person was out and I'd be interviewing with someone else in a bit instead but was only given a first name, so I assumed it was another HR person who was filling in. It took me until 10-15 min in to the interview to realize that I was speaking with the hiring manager.

The hiring manager seemed really awesome. It really seems like a job I'd be well suited for, somewhere I'd love to work, and a manager that I'd have gotten along with really well. The individual even escorted me all the way to the parking garage, making small talk as we went. I was promised that I'd hear back in a specific amount of time.

I don't expect to get an offer at this time, as a significant amount of time has passed with no communication.

Overall I was disappointed that I did not get to talk with HR either over the phone or in person before meeting the hiring manager. I felt that I went into the interview with the hiring manager pretty blind.