Commerce Bank Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 9, 2018

2.7

Associate Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Commerce Bank (Kansas City, MO).

Interview

After applying, they sent me the link to an online programming test. The questions covered a wide range of difficulties, including fizz buzz, number/date formatting, etc.
    After completing the test, they set up an in person interview. The interview was with 4 people. They kept the atmosphere very light. They joked around quite a bit, making fun of each other. They asked me a bit about previous jobs, and my programming experience, and then had me write a couple of functions on the white board.
    After that interview, there was another short interview with someone in HR. She asked about previous job experience, and discussed pay expectations.

Interview Questions

• Write a function that takes a string, and returns whether the first character is upper case.   Answer Question
    • Write a function that takes the radius of a circle, and returns the area.   Answer Question

Associate Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Commerce Bank (Kansas City, MO) in December 2016.

Interview

I met up with 4 people, they were all great and funny. They were real chill and made if uncomfortable if you were nervous. If you were stuck they'd guide you through and examine afterwards.

Interview Questions

• There are three boxes, one contains only apples, one contains only oranges, and one contains both apples and oranges. The boxes have been incorrectly labeled such that no label identifies the actual contents of the box it labels. Opening just one box, and without looking in the box, you take out one piece of fruit. By looking at the fruit, how can you immediately label all of the boxes correctly?   1 Answer

Assistant Branch Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Commerce Bank.

Interview

Great company. Nice folks who I interviewed with. It was more like a round table discussion more than an interview.They seemed to enjoy the process and did not seem bored by it.

Interview Questions

• Where do I see myself in 5 years. Why did I apply to Commerce?   Answer Question

IT Developer II Interview

Interview

Nice people with good basic questions, they are making sure if you understand the concepts of the basic programing. They more care about who you are and what you know.

IT Developer III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Commerce Bank (Kansas City, MO) in April 2012.

Interview

I was asked to talk about my skills, and then do a simple coding test. It wasn't hard. The test consisted of doing simple string searching and concatenation. I believe it was designed to weed out only the lowest of the low skilled applicants. Still, I know having worked there that we frequently have people who fail the interview.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about some very simple questions about strings in .NET.   Answer Question

IT Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Commerce Bank (Kansas City, MO) in March 2012.

Interview

1) Applied
    2)Contacted through phone by HR person to schedule a phone interview with an IT manager
    3) After interview, wait/follow up

Senior Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Commerce Bank (Denver, CO).

Interview

I was approached by a "head hunter" to consider coming to work for Commerce Bank, and decided to take the position based upon the financial strength of the company, 146-year track record of success, company culture, fair compensation program, and opportunities for growth. Overall, I have not been disappointed.

Negotiation

The negotiation phase took about 6 weeks after interviews with several members of senior management.

Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Commerce Bank (Kansas City, MO) in April 2011.

Interview

Standard questions about you and your career. What do you want and how to you work. What is your team mindset and growth. How do you develop your team and business approach.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you worked through a difficult customer situation   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Commerce Bank.

Interview

Did not interview - was just recommended and was hired. Met with 3 members to discuss my background. Was told about possible position in November 2014 and was hired in February 2015.

Interview Questions

• What have you done you liked the best?   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Commerce Bank (Kansas City, MO) in June 2012.

Interview

The process is typical however, very lengthy. You have at least 3 - 4 interviews with your immediate supervisor, then with his boss and then with his boss's boss. The process will take 60-90 days. You will need to put together a comprehensive 90 day ramp up plan.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Take it or leave it - no negotiation.