Commerce Bank Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Commerce Bank Interview Questions

Updated Jun 28, 2017

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Commerce Bank (Saint Louis, MO) in June 2017.

Interview

The process was very simple. I applied online and got a call a week later for a phone screening, The face to face interview followed two days after. I didn't hear anything back for over a week so I called was told that I was not offered a position.

Information Security Analyst III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Commerce Bank (Kansas City, MO).

Interview

First interview was with a guy from hr or recruiting. It became obvious that the manager and director I was to see after him were listening in and feeding him questions.

Have the job description printed off, they like that and ask questions about it.

Manager didn't ask many questions, director spoke mostly about herself.

Whole place seemed dark and dated.

Invoice Processor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Commerce Bank.

Interview

There is a 3 short test that you must complete. There is a typing test, and a couple to see if you can identify certain things on invoices. Then there is the interview with HR team. Then lastly there is an interview with the hiring manager, All really easy.

Customer Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I interviewed at Commerce Bank (Kansas City, MO) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview process was simple and easy. I had an in person interview with HR and the manager of the team. I was referred by the manager to a manager underneath her for a phone interview.

Specialist Interview

Interview

I received an email from HR and was given a date and time to show up for an interview - nothing else.

I found out after waiting for awhile that the HR person was out and I'd be interviewing with someone else in a bit instead but was only given a first name, so I assumed it was another HR person who was filling in. It took me until 10-15 min in to the interview to realize that I was speaking with the hiring manager.

The hiring manager seemed really awesome. It really seems like a job I'd be well suited for, somewhere I'd love to work, and a manager that I'd have gotten along with really well. The individual even escorted me all the way to the parking garage, making small talk as we went. I was promised that I'd hear back in a specific amount of time.

I don't expect to get an offer at this time, as a significant amount of time has passed with no communication.

Overall I was disappointed that I did not get to talk with HR either over the phone or in person before meeting the hiring manager. I felt that I went into the interview with the hiring manager pretty blind.

Personal Banking Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Commerce Bank.

Interview

Very outgoing interview just be yourself and the managers were really nice. Another is to know about Commerce. Don't apply and know nothing about Commerce show them you want the job.

Interview Questions

• top question is what will you bring to Commerce bank   1 Answer

Associate Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Commerce Bank (Kansas City, MO) in December 2016.

Interview

I met up with 4 people, they were all great and funny. They were real chill and made if uncomfortable if you were nervous. If you were stuck they'd guide you through and examine afterwards.

Interview Questions

• There are three boxes, one contains only apples, one contains only oranges, and one contains both apples and oranges. The boxes have been incorrectly labeled such that no label identifies the actual contents of the box it labels. Opening just one box, and without looking in the box, you take out one piece of fruit. By looking at the fruit, how can you immediately label all of the boxes correctly?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Commerce Bank (Kansas City, KS) in November 2016.

Interview

I had a very fast phone interview with HR. The math and ethics questionnaire took 1 hour and 20 minutes. I sat with the branch manager and lead teller. It was an easy, casual interview. The branch manager was very knowledgeable about all aspects of the branch.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer. Tell me about one of your weaknesses. Did I ever have sales goals that I was responsible for ? Did I meet my goals?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Commerce Bank (Kansas City, MO) in September 2016.

Interview

Two on one interview with branch manager and teller manager. They were laid back and asked a series of questions that weren't easy but also weren't difficult. They asked about myself, and gave a bit of background information on themselves before diving into the serious content of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you acted one way and afterwards you wish you would have acted differently.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Commerce Bank in August 2016.

Interview

It was very good. Ask great questions and very relaxed. They are good with finding where do you fit at with company. Ask about expected salary and tell you upfront what is required

Interview Questions

• What is your expected salary?
      Who are you as a person?
      Drug Screen, background check, and credit check which is ok   Answer Question