Commonwealth Health Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Commonwealth Health Interview Questions

Interviews at Commonwealth Health

2.6

Coder Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Commonwealth Health in March 2012.

Interview

It was an interview among peers followed by a private one with the manager. Average interview questions were asked. Things stated were company core values and what to expect. You had to go to HR and take a personality test, if I remember correctly. Also, upon hire, you have to wait for the next HR group hire orientation, which was done twice per month.

RN Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilkes-Barre, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Commonwealth Health (Wilkes-Barre, PA) in April 2014.

Interview

The process was quick, they seemed to be desperate. They called me the day after I applied, I had an interview by the end of the week, and they offered me a job the next day.

RN Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berwick, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Commonwealth Health (Berwick, PA).

Interview

A convoluted process that can take up to 2 months because, despite being listed on websites and in the news paper, all hires must be approved through the corporate office in TN. However, the candidate isn't sent to corporate until after they are told they're being offered a job and they accept it.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were faced with a challenging situation and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

"This is what we pay our nurses." So no negotiating.

Anonymous Employee in Kingston, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Commonwealth Health (Kingston, PA) in December 2014.

Interview

Applications are completed online at commonwealthhealth.net and then you will be contacted by the Nurse Manager of the department that you applied for to scheduled an interview. The Nurse manager will give you a typical interview asking you about your strengths, weakness, availability, experience, etc. They may give you a brief tour of the facility.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in Psych?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Wilkes-Barre, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Commonwealth Health (Wilkes-Barre, PA) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview was positive. The manager who interviewed me was extremely positive about her position as well as her staff. She was was direct and forward and was able to answer all my questions.

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Commonwealth Health in May 2017.

Interview

Very easy-going, nurse manager I interviewed with was very nice. No hard or "normal" interview questions. Just wanted to know what people I have worked for and with would say about me.

Interview Questions

• What would your past clinical instructor say about you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Wilkes-Barre, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Commonwealth Health (Wilkes-Barre, PA) in February 2014.

Interview

They call back applicants fairly quickly, especially if you are in the area. People who live in the area might expect to hear a call back within one to two weeks. You will be called by the nurse recruiter to make an appointment for the interview.

Interview Questions

• Why Wilkes-Barre? What do you know about our company? What is your experience?   1 Answer

Mlt Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Commonwealth Health.

Interview

Was scheduled by e-mail for an interview after posting an application. Did not have a phone interview instead went to do an interview right at the site. It was about an hour long, and pretty casual. I did a tour of the lab after the interview and briefly met everyone. I thought it was a pretty positive experience. Its been a short while since, so I have not heard back yet.

Switchboard Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scranton, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Commonwealth Health (Scranton, PA) in September 2013.

Interview

Had a good interview. Lots of paperwork and had to pass all kinds of clearances = no problem. was about a half hour. manager was very personable and knew just what to ask my experience made me perfect for the position and of course i got it

Interview Questions

• i dont remember...maybe it was about workign with a difficult person   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation good pay from start

Graduate Nurse Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Commonwealth Health.

Interview

I applied online and later brought my resume to an HR representative. I was called within 30 minutes of bringing my application directly to the HR representative. On the day of the interview, I interviewed with the nurse manager and then returned to HR for that interview. The nurse manager asked questions about teamwork and why I chose to go into nursing. She also asked typical interview questions like tell me about yourself and about weaknesses and strengths.The HR interview was a basic interview. She only asked 1 or 2 interview questions which were 2 questions that were already asked by the nurse manager of the unit.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question for me was describe your weaknesses. I've always been asked that question, and I never really know quite how to answer it.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They are unionized, so HR told me what my salary would be and benefits.