CommunityAmerica Credit Union Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 22, 2017

2.8

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lenexa, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at CommunityAmerica Credit Union (Lenexa, KS) in May 2015.

Interview

Had four interviews. First phone screen, then interviewed with VP of IT, then group interviews. Phone screen was fine, easy enough, and the VP interview was good too. She was great at explaining the company, culture, answering questions, etc. The group interviews were next, and I was meeting with the other PMs, and then two people outside of the department--one from their Help Desk and the other from Information Security. The first session was fine, typical questions and easy enough. The second session, though, with people outside the department, was not good. They couldn't answer many of my questions, even saying "we don't interact with PMs much during the year", but still felt the role was seen as a status-taker position...? Info security guy was doodling for some of it, acting bored, and the other person seemed to have an issue with my drive for success within roles and companies, and it was just a bad session all around. If they can't contribute to my experience and trying to understand if it's the right fit for me too, they shouldn't be a part of the process. Best I can tell, they were there to gauge my leadership skills, that's it. I wasn't impressed with them at all, and that, for me, was wasted time and bad opinions. I knew after the second session I was out of contention, but also knew I could do better.

After about three weeks and a couple emails checking in (on my end--they didn't keep me current on anything) the VP FINALLY responded with the typical "went another direction"...I asked for any critique and insight her team provided so I can better myself in the process and she wouldn't reply...really thought that was unprofessional, and made me glad I didn't get to pursue this one. Truthfully, after talking with the recruiter about salary, etc, I don't think they could've made a good offer anyway, as I started getting "there's more to our benefits than just salary" speech, which usually translates to "we hope you consider the whole package because we probably can't pay you what you're asking or what the value of the work is".

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when...

How do you handle conflict?

Tell me about your PM experience with...

Why no certifications?

Build your favorite team (any choice---not a great question)
      Answer Question

Compliance Department Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lenexa, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CommunityAmerica Credit Union (Lenexa, KS) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online via LinkedIn on May 14th and received a call from the internal recruiter on May 20th to schedule an interview for May 28th. The interview with the hiring manager went incredibly well and I received a call by 4pm the same day to schedule a second interview. I was expecting an offer the next day and had other interviews scheduled the next day and following week. The recruiter *who was great to work with) was able to schedule an interview for the following afternoon.

I can't speak highly enough of the recruiter and her ability to work with my schedule to fit me in the next day for the second interview. The recruiter was incredibly responsive and wonderful to work with.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Salary negotiation was an easy process done directly with the recruiter.

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lenexa, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at CommunityAmerica Credit Union (Lenexa, KS) in March 2015.

Interview

Process was fairly simple. Applied through their website and was contacted by an HR recruiter a few days later for a phone screen. After the phone screening, we discussed about meeting with the hiring manager. Some basic questions and some technical as well. The typical, how do you handle difficult situations, and describe your greatest achievement.

Interview Questions

• What was the last project you headed up, and what was its outcome?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at CommunityAmerica Credit Union in February 2015.

Interview

Met with manager, assistant manager, and regional manager. Process was about 1hr. More like a conversation than interview, which was nice. The managers are very well trained, and know when to talk and when not to. They used a lot of interview tactics to see who you really are. Just be yourself.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at CommunityAmerica Credit Union.

Interview

Very lengthy. It might be a month or so before someone calls you for a phone interview. Then you get a face to face, and then another face-to-face. Standard like other companies

Interview Questions

• Nothing really difficult. Very standard questions. Experience or skill level isn't really applicable. They are looking for personalities rather than expertise.   Answer Question

Financial Relationship Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Olathe, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at CommunityAmerica Credit Union (Olathe, KS) in August 2014.

Interview

Had an initial phone interview with a member of the HR department, then moved on to two additional interviews, one with a branch manager and one with the assistant branch manager, as I was being considered for to branches

Investment Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lenexa, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CommunityAmerica Credit Union (Lenexa, KS).

Interview

Started with a phone interview and eventually interviewed with the Manager of Electronic Services. Interviews were finished with a lady from HR. Found out within a few days that I got the job. Comfortable, relaxed, and private interviewing process.

Negotiation

I didn't even think to negotiate, but I wish I would have!

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CommunityAmerica Credit Union.

Interview

Quick initial contact, one phone interview, and a face-to-face interview both of which were laid back/informal. Behavioral interview questions; general answers did the trick. Quick follow up with an answer and an offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you used an "uncommon" resource to solve a problem.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Little negotiation room for a financial relationship specialist