Commvault Software Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Commvault Software Developer Interview Questions

3.6

18 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Commvault (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

I had 3 coding rounds. The process also involved discussing on design problems and optimizations and discussion on my prior experience. The interview was time bound and I was constantly engaging with the engineer to project my thought process. There's minimal to none support in solving the problem. Attention to coding detail is really important. Having good knowledge in distributed systems and kernel space is a plus

Interview Questions

• How do you display the nodes of a binary tree in vertically aligned order   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Commvault

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elizabeth, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Commvault (Elizabeth, NJ) in October 2015.

Interview

Attended the career fair on campus and got an email two weeks later. Took an one-hour online test. Then got an email informing of telephone interview. Failed on the interview. The recruit system is considerate, there are time slots for interviewee to choose.

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell me about your project experience.
      2. You have both java and c++ background, which one would you prefer.
      3. Some c++ questions:
      1) Can you tell me the difference between stack and heap and their memory location?
      2) Difference between C and C++?
      3) What is a virtual function? What is pure virtual function? What is virtual constructor/destructor? What is virtual table and virtual pointer?
      4) Implement a circular linked list

4. Do you have any question for me?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Commvault in February 2015.

Interview

Received an email that they wanted to test me. No calls, all done through email. Test was average, but you had to have a web cam on you the entire time. First time for that one. Second part was an entire day onsite interview, 8+ hours. I was so burned out by the end I could barely think. Each new guy bringing in more questions. Everyone was very nice and there were breaks, but I probably could not have coded a printf by the end :)

Interview Questions

• Given a program, fix the code to make it run   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Interview

Round 1 - aptitude and c output/debugging (1.5 hrs - 45 questions)
    Round 2 - writing c programs (1.5 hrs - 5 questions)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oceanport, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Commvault (Oceanport, NJ) in August 2012.

Interview

Got two rounds of phone interviews. Interviewed for c/c++ but the person asked more of Java questions. Second round of interview completely on C and Unix. After few days they gave a programming assignment. I have sent the working code and documentation. There is no response from commvault after that. I kept on asking them what the feedback for the assignment. After 15 days they sent a template email saying they are considering other similar candidates at this time. Company and people are so unprofessional. Totally it is waste of time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Branch, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Commvault (Long Branch, NJ) in February 2009.

Interview

I applied at a college job fair and they called me on my mobile for the first interview. The first interview was easy and it lasted for 15 mins. The secong interview I was for 2 hours and it was pretty tough. They said theyw would call me and let me know the outcome of the interview, but I am pretty sure that it is going to be a NO.

Interview Questions

• They asked some very complex database integration services   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vellore (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Commvault (Vellore (India)).

Interview

Best interview experience.
    Focusd mainly on how we perform in real world scenario.
    1st round was basic skimming process via Apt & simple programming question.
    2nd round was designing de duplication engin , and this went for almost 8:30 hrs.

Interview Questions

• Round 1: Basic Aptitude questions with 3 c/cpp programming & 3 java programming questions.

Round2: Kindof a hackathon, but u hav to work individually with assigned mentor.
      Que: Design de duplication engin on visual cpp.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vellore (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Commvault (Vellore (India)) in August 2016.

Interview

first round is technical written round. have to answer questions of aptitude mainly on quants, basic programming knowledge, lots of questions came from Structured Query Language, easy for CSE student, others without programming knowledge will find it difficult. overall quite easy. only about 10% got shortlisted for next round. list included students mostly from CSE, IT and some ECE.

Software Developer Interview

Interview

There was a coding round which lasted approximately 90 minutes. It was a typical commvault coding round. We needed to code in C as well as JAVA. Overall it was a good experience. A few of the questions were from geeksforgeeks.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vellore (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Commvault (Vellore (India)) in July 2016.

Interview

2 coding rounds + 1 tech interview + 1 hr interview
    the coding round was on c, c++ and java
    the difficulty was moderate
    easy to crack if strong on data structures and algorithms