Comodo Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 11, 2017

2.3

Director of Demand Generation Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clifton, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Comodo (Clifton, NJ) in August 2017.

Interview

On a Saturday I check new job listings and there was a one click listing for a Director of Demand Gen I applied and on Monday received an email from their HR dept to set up a phone interview which was scheduled for that Wed, had a great call and was asked to come in that Friday to meet with the EVP and VP I would be working for. The meetings went well and Monday I received an email that they wanted to move forward. Awesome! I thought.

The next step was a background check and if that cleared they would extend an offer. About a week I received an email that the background check cleared and they would like me to join for my full requested salary and gave me today 9/11 as a tentative start date. I sent them back a note, that you very much I am excited to join your company, looking forward to receiving a formal offer letter, this was mid-August.

I have still not received an offer letter. I sent several emails to the HR person I was working with and actually caught him on the phone once. Told him I had another offer with an earlier start date, which was true and I have already started there. He told me that the offer letter was in process but couldn't tell me when I would receive it. He also said, "I won't tell you not to take the other position". I did email twice after that asking for some response, any response, still nothing.

Obviously, everything worked out the way it should and I am really excited about my new position, but really. How unprofessional, how do you send someone an email with a salary and start date and then go dark. I would have even appreciated a canned rejection email.

Interview Questions

• There weren't a lot of tough questions more of an open conversation about the position and my experience as it pertained to their challeneges.   Answer Question

Inside Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Comodo in April 2017.

Interview

I was scheduled for a 9AM interview. I arrived a bit early so I expected to wait a bit before the interview would commence. I ended up waiting almost an hour. When I finally did the interview I felt as though I did really well especially since I was qualified and the manager kept on repeating how much he "really liked" that I have managment experience. Fast forward- later that day my recruiter lets me know that I did not get the job. Fine. The thing that REALLY bothered me is that the manager that interviewed me had me fill out a background check authorization form along with the job application. My SSN was required. What kind of company would ask someone to fill out those forms if they have no intention of hiring that person? I feel very uncomfortable that these people have knowledge of my social security number and other personal information that is only required if I were employed by them. I will speak to my lawyer about this.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Comodo (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Idiots asking stupid questions! Superficial and making no sense questions. Junior people interviewing leads and seniors. Everything was a joke. Their process is just sad. Don't come here. Everything about this company sucks. Slow, incompetent, and the CEO is an egomaniacal.

Interview Questions

• Absurd questions that have nothing to do with job descriptions.   1 Answer

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brick, NJ

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Comodo (Brick, NJ).

Interview

On my first interview the manager no showed. I rescheduled, and during that phone call he put me on hold twice. Fast forward to round 3 of the interview process...extremely unprofessional, told a group of us on the spot that they were going to hire women rather than men because it was what they were looking for. Waste of time.

Interview Questions

• Why are you better than every other guy who claims they can sell?   Answer Question

Digital Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clifton, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Comodo (Clifton, NJ) in May 2015.

Interview

Simple. Too simple. If the process were a bit more inclusive, it would weed out the many employees who just don't measure up to modern digital marketing best practices. If you meet with the CEO and he begins quizzing you--it's not to assess your knowledge. No, no, no. He's trying to gain influence. He strongly believes in his ability to hypnotize people. Seriously. I don't mean he's trying to appeal to you. He's literally trying to hypnotize you.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clifton, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Comodo (Clifton, NJ) in February 2015.

Interview

2 men interviewed me and asked me questions and had to do a role play for them. It wasnt really that hard. They expected me to fill out an application once I was at the building.

Interview Questions

• what position am i looking for   1 Answer

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clifton, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Comodo (Clifton, NJ) in August 2014.

Interview

Process took me about 3 weeks, after having onsite interviews I got couple of written questions from the CEO.
    I interviewed with CEO, head of product management, one senior product manager and one operations manager as shadow interviewer. It was quite straight forward, they tried to analyze my product management capabilities and technical capabilities. Questions were like; how would you design a product for tech oriented people? how would you measure success of a product (they gave specific examples) ? Some analytical questions, and technical questions involving big data analysis methods!!

Interview Questions

• Design an intention based targeting available ad serving system?   Answer Question
    • What information can we get by just collecting data? while we were talking about e-commerce website URL visits data collection.   Answer Question

Product Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clifton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Comodo (Clifton, NJ) in March 2014.

Interview

My first interview consisted of speaking with 3 people from the product marketing coordinating team. I was asked what interested me in this position? What did I learn from each of my jobs from my resume? Fairly easy questions. Then I was called in for a 2nd interview in which I just met with a marketing manager. I thought the meeting went well. She was friendly just asked Tell me about yourself? and Why do you want to work for us?

Interview Questions

• I don't think there were any difficult or unexpected question.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clifton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Comodo (Clifton, NJ).

Interview

Nothing major. 2 people interviewed me. They are laid back.

Interview Questions

• None. Just pretend you can sell. "Sell me this pen." How lame.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None. They pay you 30K and market this as your salary. Wrong. You get paid $14.42 per hour.

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Comodo in October 2013.

Interview

Interview was easy as long as your a sales person.