Comodo Reviews | Glassdoor

3.6
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Comodo President and CEO Melih Abdulhayoglu
Melih Abdulhayoglu

Pros
  • Well, this is my fourth IT job and what I liked the best about Comodo is the work environment (in 17 reviews)

• Nice building (even if it is pretty much empty) and all the free coffee you can drink (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • All the upper management are a bunch of behind lickers (in 17 reviews)

• By now, I'm sure they've been let go as well (in 9 reviews)

1. "I am celebrating my 2nd anniversary in Comodo this weekend"

Current Employee - Junior Software Developer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Junior Software Developer in New York, NY

I have been working at Comodo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

All set to celebrate my second anniversary in Comodo, I can't but write this review to mention about those colleagues, extremely nice people, who have made it great for me in Comodo. A great company that has a perfect work atmosphere and professional ambiance.

Cons

Don't know what to say. I like to focus on the positives!

"Business analyst"

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Clifton, NJ
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Clifton, NJ

I have been working at Comodo full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

the pros were that I was hired to write positive glassdoor reviews all day

Cons

I think my day to day work should speak for itself, I was hired to write reviews on social media sites about comodo

Advice to Management

don't hire people to write fake glassdoor, FB, IG reviews and then fire them when actual employees write honest reviews reflecting the mistreatment and horrible company culture that is permeated throughout all of comodo

3. "Good company, good work atmosphere"

Current Employee - Software Developer in Cherryland, CA
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Cherryland, CA

I have been working at Comodo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have completed ten months here, at Comodo. This is a good company for all software guys. The work atmosphere is really good and helps you evolve into a better professional. I have liked working here, among some very good teammates and leaders. Am happy to be part of the Comodo team.

Cons

I have heard about some minor issues pertaining to transportation provided to employees, but since I have never had to depend on it, I can't make any statement about that.

5. "There are ample growth opportunities here"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

I have been working at Comodo full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

In the last 8 years here at Comodo, I have seen that the company offers ample growth opportunities to people who want to grow professionally. This is applicable not just to sales and marketing, but to all the different departments. There are many people who have made the most of this and have managed to rise to unforeseen heights in their career. Comodo, no doubt, is the best company for professionals.

Cons

Sorry, I can't and won't say anything negative about this company...I simply love Comodo!!!

6. "Lucky to be part of Comodo"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Cherry Hill, NJ
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Cherry Hill, NJ

I have been working at Comodo full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I joined Comodo in June 2009. So, by June 2017, I would be completing eight years in the company. I began with the sales team and then, with my technical experience, I became a part of the tech team when a vacancy came up. I have thoroughly enjoyed being here because here, at Comodo, work is part of growing up. Yes, I am happy that Comodo has given me ample opportunities to evolve into a good professional.

Cons

Some juniors have been heard complaining of the pay structure here at Comodo, though I personally don't feel the same. I guess the company decides all this based on various criteria, including professional caliber and efficiency.

7. "I like being associated with Comodo, got to learn a lot of things..."

Current Employee - Network Engineer in Jersey City, NJ
    Current Employee - Network Engineer in Jersey City, NJ

I have been working at Comodo (More than a year)

Pros

After having worked in Comodo for two years, I would say I like it when someone speaks of me associating with me the company. Comodo has a reputation of its own, on the international level and it makes me feel proud that I have associated with this company. I have also got the chance to learn lots of things while being here, at Comodo. It's not just technical things, I have also got the chance to learn team-building skills and professional discipline. I am sure it would help me in future, in my profession.

Cons

Sometimes the total atmosphere at Comodo seems cold and formal. This is one thing I don't like about the company, but I guess there could be valid reasons for it...maybe the nature of the work and the workload people have...

8. "It's definitely a good place to work, but..."

Current Employee - Computer Systems Analyst in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Computer Systems Analyst in New York, NY

I have been working at Comodo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is my 4th job in the IT industry. I have completed 16 months here at Comodo and this is my 17th month. I am happy with my work here and am also happy about the work atmosphere, the teamwork, the pay-structure, the professionalism and the approach shown by the management. I am also impressed with the opportunities that the company provides an individual with, as regards professional growth. No wonder Comodo continues to be one among the best-ranked companies today.

Cons

The one thing that I didn't like about Comodo is the pick-up and drop facility they provide to employees. It's sometimes irregular and unreliable as well. Hope something is done about it.

9. "Comodo for those who are determined to take their career to great heights"

Current Employee - Senior Product Manager in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Senior Product Manager in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Comodo full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

In the last eight years, I have seen lots of things, mostly good things, happening at Comodo. More than the technical advancements and the company's attainments in the marketing areas as well, it's something else that I am impressed with. Many young IT guys, who just drifted into Comodo planning to stay for a year or so, earn some quick buck, add to their experience and then move on to other places, have stayed on and have ended up being real professionals. They are all now part of the Comodo family and would perhaps stick on here for years. They know they can take their careers to great heights if they continue to work on here...

Cons

The Cons? Sorry, no comments!!!

10. "My experience with Comodo is over-all good"

Current Employee - Junior Research Analyst in Jersey City, NJ
    Current Employee - Junior Research Analyst in Jersey City, NJ

I have been working at Comodo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have been in Comodo for just about four months and I am over-all satisfied. I am not in a position to comment too authentically, but I do like the work atmosphere.

Cons

Sometimes I feel some of my colleagues are a bit formal, maybe it's due to their work-load. But most of them are friendly.

11. "This is my third year at Comodo, as part of the marketing team"

Current Employee - Market Research Analyst in Cherryville, NC
    Current Employee - Market Research Analyst in Cherryville, NC

I have been working at Comodo full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The day I arrived at Comodo for my interview, I was all tensed up. But five minutes after I came in, I was surprised to find myself totally relaxed. Everyone, from the receptionist to the HR and management people, made me feel relaxed and at home. Today, when I am into my third year here at Comodo, I see it as sort of another home. It's all like a family- my team, the other teams and almost everyone here. I enjoy working here as it gives me a totally new kind of professional fulfillment. Never had this kind of an experience anywhere else.

Cons

I think I wouldn't be able to say anything negative, even if there happen to be some very minor issues...Honestly speaking, I have never encountered anything negative here at Comodo.