Comodo Reviews | Glassdoor

3.2
Comodo President and CEO Melih Abdulhayoglu
Melih Abdulhayoglu

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Well, this is my fourth IT job and what I liked the best about Comodo is the work environment (in 17 reviews)

• Many of the account managers are innocent and good people (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • All the upper management are a bunch of behind lickers (in 17 reviews)

• No one in our HQ respects you or believes you are working hard (in 8 reviews)

1. "Survival of the fittest"

Former Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Clifton, NJ
    Former Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Clifton, NJ

I worked at Comodo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have met some of the most hard working and smart individuals here. You just need to ask for help when you need it. The key to thriving in Comodo is the willingness to learn and the ability to adapt and work hard. This position is not for you if you sit and wait for work to come across your desk.

-Be proactive and utilize the resources around you.
    - Be willing to learn the process, follow it and then implement solutions to problems you come across.
    - Always be willing to try new things, outside of your job description.
    -When you are not doing anything, people will notice and you will be fired.

Don't be afraid to step out of your shell and absorb everything around you. Learn how to read data even if it's not in your description.

There are so many resources around that will help you thrive in your position at Comodo. Learn to solve problems. Your contributions will be acknowledged and you will be given the opportunity to develop your role further.

Cons

I honestly don't believe there are any cons. I knew I wanted to pursue my passion and resigned from my position.

"Sales executive"

Former Employee - Sales Executive in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Sales Executive in New York, NY

I worked at Comodo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you live in NJ, this may be better than working at a gas station.

Cons

The sales culture is from the 90s - strip clubs and blow. The software is buggy and does not scale.

Advice to Management

Fix your internal processes, write secure code and don't expect paying customers to debug for you.

3. "Great company!"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Clifton, NJ
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Clifton, NJ

I have been working at Comodo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Positive energy and great culture. Creative and fun environment. Great location. The best part is that we are in an industry that is vital to almost every company around the world.

Cons

There are no cons. Ever since I started here I have been treated with nothing but respect. No cons at all.

4. "Sales Rep"

I have been working at Comodo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Work with a lot great people including the ex CIOs in major government agencies. The other sales reps and managers are awesome and very happy to help with anything you need. The security software and containment is game changing for the entire IT world. Free fruit every morning is nice.

Cons

Software updates are frequent and not always smooth. They have more than 30 solutions and give training For only 1 week mostly focused on 1 solution. It is up to you to study and ask for help from the veterans. The crm and dialing system can be quite clunky.

Advice to Management

Test updates better and hold ongoing training for the reps. Build a whitelist into the file group variables for ITSM.

"Outside Sales Rep"

Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative

I have been working at Comodo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

none... it's a horrible company. Horrible leadership, and products hat just don't work.

PLEASE READE THE BELOW review about the person who was hired to WRITE FAKE GLASSDOOR REVIEWS!!!!

Cons

Every outside sales person is REQUIRED to log EVERY CALL, MESSAGE and EMAIL!!! The entire outside sales force is managed as if they were an junior insides sales rep. I'm 100% serious and literal, every DIAL and keystroke must be logged on a home grown CRM... which is outrageously slow.

Advice to Management

Hire someone who doesn't manage every seasoned outside rep as a junior inside telemarketer.

Also, stop lying about your products that don't work... they are SMB point-products, not enterprise solutions. The products need FWs to be open/any/any to work... NO ENTERPRISE COMPANY ALLOWS THAT.

6. "First Corporate Sales Job"

I have been working at Comodo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This is my first experience working in a corporate environment after graduating college and I couldn't be more happy. Obviously you come to work, to work. Do your job. I have not had any negative experiences here, so I am confused as to why some of the reviews are so negative.

This being my first sales job, I can honestly say I have great support here and I am crushing it because of that and that I enjoy coming to work because of the people I work with.

Cons

I don't have any negative comments

"Approach with great caution..... Dangerous conditions lie within this Company"

I worked at Comodo full-time

Pros

Some really great people. None at the executive level

Cons

The lack of courage and ethics by CEO and executive team. Don't miss reading the comment from the person who was hired to write reviews on Glassdoor as just one example of lack of ethics

Advice to Management

The only advice is to the workers. Trust your instincts. It does feel wrong because it is wrong. The CEO has no moral or ethical compass. Run, the grass is greener anywhere else.

"Run away"

I worked at Comodo full-time

Pros

My manager was nice. The technology really is imaginative. Other than that a pretty negative experience.

Cons

VP is horrible! Absolutely not an enterprise class Sales organization. Also if you're not in the New Jersey office don't expect any kind of help or training.

Advice to Management

Get a new VP if you want anyone to stick around. Stop micromanaging people to death and instead take the management approach of asking what is or isn't working and finding out how you can help close business.

"Nice people, great work atmosphere..."

Current Employee - Junior Research Analyst in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Junior Research Analyst in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Comodo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The best thing about working at Comodo is that you get to work with the best of security professionals and experts. It's a great team and the work atmosphere is simply superb.

Cons

Don't want to count the negatives...I always like discussing the positives.

10. "sell certs or get fired"

Former Employee - Sales Representative
    Former Employee - Sales Representative

I worked at Comodo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

parking, coffee, desk, gym, lunchroom/fridge

Cons

lack of training, lead generation, cold calls, warm leads are from people who got fired

Advice to Management

longer training